[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rest of year rankings and Greg Jennings

mrpnlu

Didn't catch this until now, but always like to respond if questioned about my rankings. Your point is well taken on Jennings, and before season's end he may be higher, but there still seems to be an incosistancy on the GB receivers. One week it's Jennings with the big week, one week Jones, another week Lee (TE) and of course Driver. So, at this point Jennings stays put at around 40, give or take a spot or two based on other movement, but should be watched for movement as the season progresses. Either way top 40 is still someone you should be watching for the future.

VP

Didn't catch this until now, but always like to respond if questioned about my rankings. Your point is well taken on Jennings, and before season's end he may be higher, but there still seems to be an incosistancy on the GB receivers. One week it's Jennings with the big week, one week Jones, another week Lee (TE) and of course Driver. So, at this point Jennings stays put at around 40, give or take a spot or two based on other movement, but should be watched for movement as the season progresses. Either way top 40 is still someone you should be watching for the future.

VP

38 is way way too low. He is Favre's go to receiver right now. No way is he not in the top 15. 40? :D

Top 10 WR's the last 3 weeks. The last 6 weeks he's # 10. What 30 WR's are ahead of him?

1. 13. Colston, Marques NOS WR 67.3

2. 18. Wayne, Reggie IND WR 60 26.30

3. 20. Evans, Lee BUF WR 57.8

4. 21. Owens, Terrell DAL WR 55.9

5. 24. Jennings, Greg GBP WR 53.4

6. 30. Ward, Hines PIT WR 49.1

7. 36. Edwards, Braylon CLE WR 45

8. 38. Holmes, Santonio PIT WR 44.2

9. 51. Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR 37.6

10. 52. Galloway, Joey TBB WR 37.4 2

Edited by Randall

38 is way way too low. He is Favre's go to receiver right now. No way is he not in the top 15. 40? :D

Top 10 WR's the last 3 weeks. The last 6 weeks he's # 10. What 30 WR's are ahead of him?

1. 13. Colston, Marques NOS WR 67.3

2. 18. Wayne, Reggie IND WR 60 26.30

3. 20. Evans, Lee BUF WR 57.8

4. 21. Owens, Terrell DAL WR 55.9

5. 24. Jennings, Greg GBP WR 53.4

6. 30. Ward, Hines PIT WR 49.1

7. 36. Edwards, Braylon CLE WR 45

8. 38. Holmes, Santonio PIT WR 44.2

9. 51. Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR 37.6

10. 52. Galloway, Joey TBB WR 37.4 2

What did you do put Moss in a category all by himself? :D

Jennings is a big play threat for sure but look at his numbers a bit more closely and you can see that there is reason for concern

that reason is that he really relies on the big play and it is difficult to rely on players consistently putting up big plays

he has 4 TDs that are over 41 yards(41, 57, 60, 82) those 4 TDs account for 15% of his catches on the year(27 or an average of 3.85/game(he has only played in 7 games) which is a pace of 62 receptions)

those 4 TDs also account for 240 of his 517 receiving yards or 46% of his yards have come on 4 catches...

I can see why people like Jennings but I can also see why he is ranked where he is.

Edited by keggerz

Jennings is a big play threat for sure but look at his numbers a bit more closely and you can see that there is reason for concern

that reason is that he really relies on the big play and it is difficult to rely on players consistently putting up big plays

he has 4 TDs that are over 41 yards(41, 57, 60, 82) those 4 TDs account for 15% of his catches on the year(27 or an average of 3.85/game(he has only played in 7 games) which is a pace of 62 receptions)

those 4 TDs also account for 240 of his 517 receiving yards or 46% of his yards have come on 4 catches...

I can see why people like Jennings but I can also see why he is ranked where he is.

Look at his numbers a bit more closely and you see he has scored in 5 of 9 games(including a 2 TD effort) for a total of 6 TDs in 9 games. He is a big play type, but he is fairly consistent, too. I am pretty sure there are not 30-something other WRs that can say that. That said, the rankings are obviously based on potential/past performance because otherwise there is no explanation for guys like Andre Johnson or Javon Walker to be ranked where they are at this point in the season.

Rankings are always skewed by the ranker's perception of the rankee. Therefore, the only rankings you should rely on are your own.

Tough to argue with either of the previous two posts. I happen to like Jennings, but feel pretty much as stated a couple posts previous. However, as the last post stated, you do have to remember that rankings are just that...rankings based on that person's particular bend on things. But we usually do - or at least I'll speak for myself - is try to bring in as many facts as possible and let those guide our wrankings.

Jennings is getting just as many looks as Driver is plus he gets the big play looks and he also has more TD's in fewer games...definitely the best GB receiver to have right now.

point taken...although, the same can be said for roy williams...big threat ability...you have lee evans up there at 20....hines ward who splits with santonio holmes, heath miller and the 10 other TEs on the roster that ben has a fancy for...DJ hackett...who splits looks with engram, branch and burlson...you go joe jurivicous who gets almost no looks, i understand rankikns are just someones opinoins, but dang...jennings missed the first 2 games but is still up in produciton...anyhow thought it was good message board fodder...thansk for the input.

39 is low and 40 is even worse :D

Boldin,Bowe,Driver,White,Johnson and Evans are few Id put behind him on my list.But I think it takes a while to drop or pass players on a weekly basis from the looks of it.My first year and I really havent paid enought attention to be sure.

Edited by xtra

I have him at 17. Name the 23 players ahead of him. The guy is now Favre's top target.

What did you do put Moss in a category all by himself? :D

Last week he was on a bye. He was 15 because of it.

Edited by Randall

I have him at 17. Name the 23 players ahead of him. The guy is now Favre's top target.

Last week he was on a bye. He was 15 because of it.

Bump. Another 2 TD's. He has become Favre's favorite big play threat and Driver is looking like a possession receiver.

He was dropped by someone in one league after week 2. Things didn't look good back then.

He was great early in his rookie season but then got hurt. He doesn't have measurable speed but runs crisp routes and I don't remember anyone catching him from behind. He has game speed.

I traded for him in the offseason based on his perfrmance last year. I moved J Walker and Reggie Bush for Jennings, Gore, and a 1st round rookie pick that will likely be one in the last 2 or 3. Im happy with the trade, but Gore has stunk it up for me.

Jennings has been money for me.