[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle's take on Selvin Young

Grits and Shins

Selvin Young - RB, Denver Broncos 11/12/2007

With Denver without the services of starting RB Travis Henry, backup running back Selvin Young stepped up Sunday and carried the Broncos to an impressive 27-11 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs. Young rushed the ball 20 times for 109 yards and 1 touchdown while also catching 3 passes for another 20 yards. "I want to be a puzzle piece and try to fit with no space in between," Young said. "I want to step up and not be a dropoff at all, no falloff in one of the most important positions on the team. I felt I've put myself in a position to be able to handle it."

Huddle Up: Fantasy owners that have been holding on to Selvin Young with all the troubles surrounding Travis Henry this season may see their patience pay off very soon. Henry has been dinged up by various injuries and with his legal troubles with the NFL coming to a conclusion soon expect Young to step up and take the load for the Denver offense. Acquire him for the stretch run if you can.

:D

I wonder just how many leagues there are where Young is a free agent

Someone convince me why Selvin Young is a better pick the rest of the season than any of the other "replacements" (Fargas, Chatman, Holmes, Grant, etc.) Dang, folks around here seem to think he's the second coming of Terrell Davis or something. It appears Denver's O-line is that incredible or something? :D

Edited by cre8tiff

Someone convince me why Selvin Young is a better pick the rest of the season than any of the other "replacements" (Fargas, Chatman, Holmes, Grant, etc.) Dang, folks around here seem to think he's the second coming of Terrell Davis or something. It appears Denver's O-line is that incredible or something? :D

Denver running game mystique. I mean, you get that's why he's a hot pickup, right? Over OAK, MIA, GB? (+KC this year)

They also have this habit historically of pulling out no name RB's and making them 1000 yd rushers.

Edited by Sturphy

Someone convince me why Selvin Young is a better pick the rest of the season than any of the other "replacements" (Fargas, Chatman, Holmes, Grant, etc.) Dang, folks around here seem to think he's the second coming of Terrell Davis or something. It appears Denver's O-line is that incredible or anything... :D

I'm not high on Fargas at all. I think Young's close to Grant, Chatman and maybe even Holmes. None have great offensive lines.

I'm not high on Fargas at all. I think Young's close to Grant, Chatman and maybe even Holmes. None have great offensive lines.

I think Denver's OL dwarfs all the OL's listed....

and Fargas is garbage...is it more than a coincidence that they both sound alike? :D

Well for me the reason I grabbed him as soon as I heard the suspension might happen cause I had heard of the catching ability he posesses, and sure enough in PPR leagues he is even more valuable. Now with Peterson going down.....in my local I am very happy I didn't drop him last week, as was suggested by a few huddlers here in private conversations. WHEW!

Friday night is our transaction day for the weekend. One owner drops Young & Crayton for M.Morris and Patten. See if he hits the trifecta in his roster moves after tonight.

(/rant)FWIW- the owner who has been leading pretty much since week one (Brady/Peterson owner) prolly is eating some crow today after his lead shrunk to < 20 points. he's been spouting off how much of the FF guru he is. Yet when we point out the fact on our MB that the previous 5 winners have had the likes of Alexander/LT2/Holmes/Manning record-setting years that helped them during their march to victory that year. He claims they're flukes. His is/was calculated choice(s) to pick these players. (/rant off)

Edited by boat_hacked

I started him this weekend over MJD. It looks like I should have started him over Marion Barber III instead.

I liked him coming out of college - the knock on him was that he was "too skinny" and that he wouldn't hold up in the NFL. That may or may not be the case, but the fact of the matter is that he has very good hands for a RB, has good to very good acceleration and top end speed.

Wow... what was their argument?

There must be more to this story. Cuz that's crazy talk.

:D

Eh, I am not trhwoing anyone under the bus, but i'll send you a PM and you can guage for yourself.

Friday night is our transaction day for the weekend. One owner drops Young & Crayton for M.Morris and Patten. See if he hits the trifecta in his roster moves after tonight.

(/rant)FWIW- the owner who has been leading pretty much since week one (Brady/Peterson owner) prolly is eating some crow today after his lead shrunk to < 20 points. he's been spouting off how much of the FF guru he is. Yet when we point out the fact on our MB that the previous 5 winners have had the likes of Alexander/LT2/Holmes/Manning record-setting years that helped them during their march to victory that year. He claims they're flukes. His is/was calculated choice(s) to pick these players. (/rant off)

Can we please stop with the 2 already, does anyone actually think u are talking about Lawrence Taylor?

However, Grant is the only one who plays on a team that can score consistently. I think that gives him the edge. In most leagues 70 yds and a TD is worth more than 100 yds and no TD.