[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mark Clayton BAL

Sturphy

For what it is worth, Clayton had 8 catches for 107 yards. 2 catches and 57 of the yards came from Boller at the end of the game, not McNair. He had six catches for 50 yards with McNair who just never throws deep. As long as they keep McNair in there, I would just credit this as one game but if they put Boller in, I would guess that pushes up Clayton's stock a little but not yet to being a fantasy starter.

Looks like Mark Clayton was actually involved in the Ravens game plan this week. Anyone who watched the game care to comment before I pick him up?

Worth my time?

Well, really depends on how badly you need WR help.

Clayton IS talented, but his QBs are awful. Boller will probably QB next week, and they will throw a good bit, but it's a real crapshoot. Heap is Boller's favorite target around the goal line.

Unless you are in bad shape, I'd stay away.

If you look at some of the other second and third tier receiver busts from draft day, aside from Devery Henderson/Darrel Jackson, Clayton is about the last man standing who has not really made a contribution here in the second half of the season. Similar to Evans or Reggie Brown or even Bernard Berrian he could have an impact down the stretch. This is the time of year he began to make his move last year. Aside from the QB situation in Balt, Clayton has been battling the injury bug since training camp. He may finally be fairly healthy and that's why he is becoming more of a part of the offense. Besides, Balt defense cannot win games for them anymore and in fact cannot even keep the score down to play a field position game with a run fist offense. Balt will be forced to pass just to stay in games. I believe this environment puts Clayton in a much better position to continue to put up the numbers he did last week, regardless of which dog is QB for Balt any given week. Barring a real turn-around in the health of Balt defense, the offense will be forced to score more than 17 pts to win, even the Ravens coaching staff will be forced to come to this realization.