[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts homers: If Dallas Clark stays out who is the #1 TE...

msaint

Not the hottest button fantasy issue today, I know, but for Dallas Clark owners who play in leagues where there are literally no reliable starting TE's left on waivers....I'm guessing there'd be a "TEBC" if Clark misses more time, but what's the word our of Indy on who would technically be the #1 TE and worth picking up of the two backups -- Bryan Fletcher or Ben Utecht? Seems that Fletcher with his 8 catches last night was more of a target for Peyton, kind of a WR posing as a TE, but wondering what Indy homers think.

Edited by msaint

Fletcher got more looks in the red zone last year as well. If I had to pick between the two, I'd go with Fletcher. Utect is more of a blocker, but he'll also get looks in the passing game between the 20's. The way I interpret their use is that Utect is the "normal" every-down guy who specializes in blocking, while Fletcher is usually out there either when they're in the red zone or in an obvious passing situation. My personal opinion is that Fletcher is the better receiver, but I wouldn't expect consistent fantasy production out of either, even when Clark is out.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Fletcher got more looks in the red zone last year as well. If I had to pick between the two, I'd go with Fletcher. Utect is more of a blocker, but he'll also get looks in the passing game between the 20's. The way I interpret their use is that Utect is the "normal" every-down guy who specializes in blocking, while Fletcher is usually out there either when they're in the red zone or in an obvious passing situation. My personal opinion is that Fletcher is the better receiver, but I wouldn't expect consistent fantasy production out of either, even when Clark is out.

:D Thanks. This helps. If Marvin/Clark/Gonzalez stay out do you think Fletcher's production would rise, or would guys like Craphonso Thorpe (he's on the team, right?) and Moorehead would see more looks?

Edited by msaint

:D Thanks. This helps. If Marvin/Clark/Gonzalez stay out do you think Fletcher's production would rise, or would guys like Craphonso Thorpe (he's on the team, right?) and Moorehead would see more looks?

That's kind of difficult to answer. If all three stay out, I imagine that Crapholio Thrope (who didn't look terrible last night, given that those were his first 5 NFL receptions) would probably benefit the most, since he'll create the best mismatches in the slot. Moorehead would likely stay at flanker, but is probably worth less fantasy-wise than Thorpe. While I feel that Fletcher is probably the best receiving option of the four, Utect will be out there more often and will eat into his numbers. If you specifically can only use a TE, Utect will have the more consistent production, while Fletcher is the best bet for TDs/two-point conversions. It's really difficult to tell what's going on right now... I'm not even sure that Moore and Dungy know what they're going to do.

The one thing I can say is that if Clark comes back next weekend, you'll probably see him in the slot often and even at flanker some (assuming Marvin is still out, which may or may not happen). When Gonzalez returns in a couple of weeks, he'll either go back into the slot if Marvin's healthy or play flanker if Marvin's not.

Edited by Bill Swerski

That's kind of difficult to answer. If all three stay out, I imagine that Crapholio Thrope (who didn't look terrible last night, given that those were his first 5 NFL receptions) would probably benefit the most, since he'll create the best mismatches in the slot. Moorehead would likely stay at flanker, but is probably worth less fantasy-wise than Thorpe. While I feel that Fletcher is probably the best receiving option of the four, Utect will be out there more often and will eat into his numbers. If you specifically can only use a TE, Utect will have the more consistent production, while Fletcher is the best bet for TDs/two-point conversions. It's really difficult to tell what's going on right now... I'm not even sure that Moore and Dungy know what they're going to do.

The one thing I can say is that if Clark comes back next weekend, you'll probably see him in the slot often and even at flanker some (assuming Marvin is still out, which may or may not happen). When Gonzalez returns in a couple of weeks, he'll either go back into the slot if Marvin's healthy or play flanker if Marvin's not.

Okay Bill, what's your opinion on if Harrison does come back? Do they slowly work him back into the lineup or just let him play the whole game? Thoughts.

I think they are waiting for Harrison to be 100%. That's what they did last year with Bob Sanders. Every week he was a maybe. He played against the Pats and then sat out the rest of the year till the playoffs. I wouldn't put it past them again.

I too believe that Harrison's injury is more severe than they are letting on. However, he did come back and play against Jacksonville, but has been absent since. I am guessing he is having some swelling problems, because they keep working him out in practice, and then he doesn't make the flight.

Okay Bill, what's your opinion on if Harrison does come back? Do they slowly work him back into the lineup or just let him play the whole game? Thoughts.

I agree with Hook that they're going to wait until he's very close to 100%, to prevent further injury. And I imagine that he'll play full games at that point.

I picked up Utecht and guess wrong last night? Who know..... Hopefully I can stick Clark back in their this week.

i know this is in the wrong section, but today is my trade deadline and i dont get as many answers from the other board....so bear with me....we start 3 wrs and a flex (I go 4 wrs)...I have TJ, Welker, Andre Johnson, Braylon, Roy Williams and Coles...Ive been struggling with Heap and Vernon Davis (two of the most anemic offenses for a position that doesnt typically produce much!) roy williams and coles for dallas clark...i know its alot to pay for but im stacked at every position but TE, and cant pry kellen, gates or witten from tehre owners....hes the only one on the market right now. what do you guys think?