[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Head to Head vs. Total Points

Double Agent

So if you look at this league: http://football13.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/11788

Land Sharks has more points on the year than Gunther's Armada, has 1 more actual win than Gunther's Armada, the same all play record, a superior minimum points scored, almost exactly the same max points scored a better efficiency rating ... but the Armada has a far superior number of points left on the bench. So Gunther's Armada as a better power ranking.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Power Rank - A formula designed to give an alternate view of the 'best' franchise in the league. This number is arrived at like this:

points_per_week_per_starter = A

points_per_week_per_nonstarter = B

all_play_wins_per_week = C

actual_wins = D

division_wins = E

Power Rank = A+B+C+D+E

Thanks grits, I found the answer too a little late.

I'm wondering if they can issue a script code that we could use to customize the power rankings. You could then eliminate bench points from the equation altogether and then the report seems to give a much more accurate reading of the best teams.

Kind of along the line of the MFL power score, it would be great if there was a formula that would calculate both the win-loss record and total points. Every week it could give you the raw score and that score would determine ranking. I do think H2H should weigh more heavily. But if there are 200 points separating 2 teams and only 2 wins difference, maybe the team with the points would move forward.

I doubt anything like this exists and it would have to be done without commish manipulation or computation.

My local has the playoff based on H2H. Total points is used as a tie-breaker but it is down a ways.

We have payouts for the top 4 teams in the playoffs (6 out of 12 make it; top 2 get first week bye and are therefore guaranteed money).

But we also payout to the total points champ for the season including the league post season. Every team submits a lineup every week.

The superbowl champ and total points leader receive the same amount of money.

This thread would make a good poll.

Total points is the more honest valuation IMO.

This is true. But most people want the head to head aspect. I personally prefer the VP value points H2H system like they do at Ant. You play head to head games, you get 2 points for a win. The top 4 scoring teams get 2 bonus points. And the 5-8 scoring teams get 1 bonus point each week. It is a great way to combine head to head and total points. It rewards dominant teams and minimizes lucky teams.

Edited by rattsass