[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My worst loss ever!

Seahawks21

I am one game out in my local. Still. I thought I had pulled even. I doubt any of you have ever lost like this. See, in my local, we have a yards per carry bonus. If anyone in your lineup gets 5 or more carries, you get their YPCarry points. (e.g. Mike Vick runs 5 times for 55 yards, he gets 11 YPC points). I was playing against Arnaz Battle and Matt Hasselbeck last night. When the 49ers gave the ball up for the last time, I was ahead by 1.1 points. Knowing Hasselbeck was done throwing for the day, I smoked a victory cigar and headed to sleep.

When I woke up this morning and looked at my score, I saw that Matt Hasselbeck downed the ball twice at the end of the game, giving him 5 rushes for the day, giving him his YPCarry bonus, beating me by a point. I know, rules are rules, but I seriously lost because Matt Hasselbeck took a knee. Could cost me a grand. Thanks in advance for any sympathy!!

i would say you lost because Battle had his best day of the year with 4 catches for 78 yards...the only other time he had more catches(5) was week 1 and week 1 was his prior high this yr in yardage too(60)

so blame Battle on your loss not hasslebeck :D

Wow. Similar story.

First time I ever went to a sports book, my friend and I both layed down crazy parlays. I recall it was an 8-way and paid about 100-1 (a tiny bit more I recall). Something like that. At any rate, I put down $10, all my Sunday picks come through and I've got Pitt -4.5 and the under on Monday night left. With just a few minutes to go, the under is in the bag and Pitt is leading by 13 pts. Atl scores a garbage time TD to pull within 6. No biggie, there's like 2 minutes or so to go. Pitt botches the kick-off and ends up being stuck at their own 10 yard line. Again, no biggie. Just need a first down. They run 3 plays and actually manage to lose a few yards running the clock almost down to almost nothing but the games not over.

So, here's the dagger. Because they're on their own 5 or so, THEY TAKE A FREAKING SAFETY RATHER THAN PUNT! Completely logical from their standpoint but it cost me $1000! Worst beat of my life.

We feel your pain. I lost a few years ago when Mike Martz had Marshall Faulk run around at the end of the game to kill clock, Faulk losing about 8 yards in the process. That negated the one point I had received for Faulk's previous ten yard gain. That made my one point victory a tie, bringing the tiebreaker into play, which I lost out on.

That's one crazy rule you guys have.

I am one game out in my local. Still. I thought I had pulled even. I doubt any of you have ever lost like this. See, in my local, we have a yards per carry bonus. If anyone in your lineup gets 5 or more carries, you get their YPCarry points. (e.g. Mike Vick runs 5 times for 55 yards, he gets 11 YPC points). I was playing against Arnaz Battle and Matt Hasselbeck last night. When the 49ers gave the ball up for the last time, I was ahead by 1.1 points. Knowing Hasselbeck was done throwing for the day, I smoked a victory cigar and headed to sleep.

When I woke up this morning and looked at my score, I saw that Matt Hasselbeck downed the ball twice at the end of the game, giving him 5 rushes for the day, giving him his YPCarry bonus, beating me by a point. I know, rules are rules, but I seriously lost because Matt Hasselbeck took a knee. Could cost me a grand. Thanks in advance for any sympathy!!

In my opinion, awarding a YPC bonus is getting a little exessive in the first place. At some point, I think there are just parts of the game you dont need to add/subtract points for. That said, that is a tough way to lose.

Worst loss I can think of recently is from a couple Monday night games ago(Dal vs Buf). I was playing against a guy I was tied with for first in our division. To make a long story short, Dallas recovers the onside kick which allows Romo to pass for a few more yards (giving him > 300) before kicking the winning FG. Guy beats me by 1 point due to Romo's yards. :D

Yeah, pretty much all of us in the league agree that it is a bad rule, but we have kept extensive records for about 12 years now, so the founding members of the league aren't really into changing the scoring system. Basically, it made Daunte Culpepper almost illegal in his prime, and made Vick a very viable and consistent fantasy QB. Also, we have two flexes. The YPC bonus basically gives 5 extra points to each RB you have in your flex position. The good teams that are deep at RB get rewarded. Another guy in our league lost by 2 points this week when his opponent was awarded 10 YPC points when Roethlisberger took a knee at the end of the game to get his bonus as well.

Edited by Seahawks21

Wow. Similar story.

First time I ever went to a sports book, my friend and I both layed down crazy parlays. I recall it was an 8-way and paid about 100-1 (a tiny bit more I recall). Something like that. At any rate, I put down $10, all my Sunday picks come through and I've got Pitt -4.5 and the under on Monday night left. With just a few minutes to go, the under is in the bag and Pitt is leading by 13 pts. Atl scores a garbage time TD to pull within 6. No biggie, there's like 2 minutes or so to go. Pitt botches the kick-off and ends up being stuck at their own 10 yard line. Again, no biggie. Just need a first down. They run 3 plays and actually manage to lose a few yards running the clock almost down to almost nothing but the games not over.

So, here's the dagger. Because they're on their own 5 or so, THEY TAKE A FREAKING SAFETY RATHER THAN PUNT! Completely logical from their standpoint but it cost me $1000! Worst beat of my life.

It actually only cost you $10, the price of the bet

Okay, several people now saying "terrible rule". So I can take this to the powers that be, why, in your opinions, is this a "terrible rule"? Just too extensive? The QB kneel thing?

There are enough random elements to FF as it is. It also seems redundant. If a dude ends up with a high YPC and is used any decent amount of times, he's going to score you points.

Any rule the QB kneeling down has any effect more than possibly knocking him down from, say 20 to 19 yards for the -1 yard gained on the play is silly.

There are enough random elements to FF as it is. It also seems redundant. If a dude ends up with a high YPC and is used any decent amount of times, he's going to score you points.

Any rule the QB kneeling down has any effect more than possibly knocking him down from, say 20 to 19 yards for the -1 yard gained on the play is silly.

+1

Kind of like the league I am in where we get QB points for completions. :D

+1

The rule in general is a bit excessive/redundant, but you definitely need to eliminate QB kneel downs as potential points scoring plays. The least you could do is not count kneel downs as carries.

FWIW - my worst loss ever:

Up 3.8 points against the guy with David Akers and 2 minutes to play in a Monday night game, all I needed to do was avoid a 40+ yd FG by Akers. The league awards 3 points for FGs, but +1 for 40yd+ FGs and +another 1 for 50yd+ FGs. The Eagles have the ball 3rd and 7 from the 21. All I need is for them to run for no gain and the win is mine. Instead, they take a 2 yard loss, making Akers' FG exactly 40 yds. He nails it to put the Eagles up 10, icing their win and my heartbreaking .2 point loss.