[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Jones missing time?

gardenthug

MLive

LIONS NOTES

Jones banged up: Running back Kevin Jones suffered a slight left foot injury the same foot that was surgically repaired last December when he was tackled by a horse collar during the game. Jones didn't show any lingering affects from that tackle on Monday, but it does raise an interesting issue.

Because Jones has needed four or five days to recover after playing on Sundays because of soreness in his foot, it appears he might not be available when the Lions play the Packers just four days after playing the Giants.

If that's the case, it's possible the Lions will use T.J. Duckett more against the Giants and save Jones for the Packers game. Not only will that give Jones more time to get ready, but it gives him time to prepare for Detroit's following game against the Vikings in Minnesota. In that scenario, Jones would be healthy and available for both crucial NFC North battles.

Then again, with so much on the line in the Giants game (see above), the Lions might decide to ride the rapids with Jones as long as possible.

Is there any chance the Lions turn back to Bell as he is the more natural primary back in Jones absence? Obviously, if KJ is healthy, there is no need to activate Bell - he is just a lesser version of Jones. But, if Jones if out, Bell steps into the #1 back role better than Duckett. Thoughts?

Supposively his foot was sore......he has been running alot previous to this last week......but going from 0 carries to 20 will make it sore.....my hunch feeling says he is fine.....might get some carries taken away.

This isn't english class but the word is supposedly perhaps you have been hearing it wrong all this time.

Gee, too much to ask to use proper grammar, spelling, syntax?

I love proper grammar, spelling, and syntax as much as the next guy, but since many of us are posting outside of the comfort of our own homes, we don't always have the luxury of a carefully crafted response. Granted, some people just don't have that skill set to begin with, but in most cases, they're just trying to get their thoughts down as quickly as possible so that they can move onto other tasks. I'd rather have that than have people feel like they can't post unless they have time to stop and proofread what they've written.

Gee, too much to ask to use proper grammar, spelling, syntax?

People who go out of there way to point out grammer or spelling errors on a chat board are either pricks, or English teachers. Seeing how school is in session right now, that pretty much nails it down.

It wasn't a typo, the word doesn't exsist. I wasn't trying to make fun of anyone just point out the mistake. I am terrible at spelling and this is an informal setting but you might sound foolish in everyday life saying the word that way. No offense intended.

However I don't think I need to adhere to your posting guidelines, in fact I am quite sure I do not.

You learned something new today, a good day. I hope I am as fortunate.

People who go out of there way to point out grammer or spelling errors on a chat board are either pricks, or English teachers. Seeing how school is in session right now, that pretty much nails it down.

:D

Perception is reality.

Edit: Ok... I haven't had coffee yet today. I was rude. Sorry.

Edited by Sturphy

Perception is reality.

Edit: Ok... I haven't had coffee yet today. I was rude. Sorry.

Except when reality is actually a fantasy football chat board. No apology needed, I'm ass in the mornings as you can see. What was this thread about again? :D

People who go out of there way to point out grammer or spelling errors on a chat board are either pricks, or English teachers.

The words are "grammar" and "their," and there shouldn't be a comma after the word "pricks," you moron.

back to English class

fn Kevin Jones.

Edited by BeeR

Well, if that's an apology for being illiterate, so be it. It can't be that difficult to spell correctly, or use words that actually appear in Websters, now can it? Yeah, I guess some of us are language pricks (LP's)!

You need to learn to spell correctly. No need to be an El Guapo about it. He was just correcting a mistake that could help you in the future avoid embarassing moments.

there should be a " to" b/t future and avoid, LOL. This is a freaking fantasy football chat board people! We are people spending time during the work day to chat about an imaginery sport. Get over yourself.

Well, if that's an apology for being illiterate, so be it. It can't be that difficult to spell correctly, or use words that actually appear in Websters, now can it? Yeah, I guess some of us are language pricks (LP's)!

It's Webster's. I can be a language prick too! :D

Let's drop the spelling/syntax/grammar garbage. We could also yell at people for posting multiple threads on the same topics, posting misleading topic headers, and much much more. As was mentioned earlier, a lot of people are posting at work in the shortest amount of time possible.

On to KJ. I can't remember where I read it, but I thought his foot was just sore after the game. They were playing down most of the game, so the running game wasn't going to be a factor. I guess we just have to wait and see if he practices today to see what's up. I imagine he'll be listed as Questionable today whether he suits up or not.

Let's drop the spelling/syntax/grammar garbage. We could also yell at people for posting multiple threads on the same topics, posting misleading topic headers, and much much more. As was mentioned earlier, a lot of people are posting at work in the shortest amount of time possible.

On to KJ. I can't remember where I read it, but I thought his foot was just sore after the game. They were playing down most of the game, so the running game wasn't going to be a factor. I guess we just have to wait and see if he practices today to see what's up. I imagine he'll be listed as Questionable today whether he suits up or not.

My bad on the pissing match, but back to KJ. I want to know if it's going to be Bell or Duckett getting the carries if he's out, or a RBBC?