[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Javon Walker status

Chadman

Any reports from Denver? Did Walker practice yesterday or did Shanny hint of him practicing today, tomorrow? I traded for him yesterday, hopeful of a little resurgence from the Broncos when he comes back to help the offense. In that division, the Broncos just might have enough to win it, even as bad as they have looked at times. Walker had some great games early in the season.

I doubt it. I'm hoping he's back week 13 or 14.

Last I heard.

Walker looks out vs. Titans

Shanahan not counting on receiver returning Monday night

By Bill Williamson

The Denver Post

Article Last Updated: 11/12/2007 11:27:17 PM MST

Because of the up-and-down nature of wide receiver Javon Walker's rehabilitation, Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said Monday he doesn't think Walker will be able to return next Monday night and play against the visiting Tennessee Titans.

Last week, Shanahan said he was hoping Walker would be able to come back from arthroscopic right knee surgery against the Titans, a game that is exactly a month after his surgery. Walker said Friday it would be a “bonus” if he were able to play against the Titans. Walker said if not, he would hope to play at Chicago (Nov. 25) or at Oakland (Dec. 2).

Walker began running last week. But Shanahan indicated Walker's rehab has had its peaks and valleys.

“I would say it's probably a longshot for him to play on Monday night,” Shanahan said. “He's got to show us what he can do during practice this week. One day he is feeling good, and the next day he is not feeling good. He has to get reps during the week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I don't know.”

Walker has missed the past six games. He originally hurt the knee at Dallas during the preseason. Walker had a torn ACL on the same knee surgically repaired in September 2005 while he was with Green Bay. The knee could need offseason microfracture surgery if the problem persists.