[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's examine our favorite NFL team's last 3 drafts

Jumpin Johnies

THE PANTHERS 2005 & 2006 drafts:

2005 draft

Round Pick Player Pos School

1 14(14) Thomas Davis S Georgia ( starts for Panthers)

2 22(54) Eric Shelton HB Louisville (out of football)

3 15(79) Evan Mathis OG Alabama (back up lineman on a team with a bad o-line)

3 25(89) Atiyyah Ellison DT Missouri (cut his rookie year,left un-claimed by the other 31 NFL teams and placed on our practice squad., now out of NFL)

4 20(121) Stefan LeFors QB Louisville ( out of football)

5 13(149) Adam Seward ILB UNLV (4 tackles, no sacks or int. ytd)

5 33(169) Geoff Hangartner C Texas A&M (back up lineman on a team with a bad o-line)

5 35(171) Ben Emanuel II S UCLA (name doesn't even appear in the NFL database)

6 15(189) Jovan Haye DE Vanderbilt (cut by Panthers and claimed by Tampa, has 4 sacks YTD)

6 33(207) Joe Berger OG Michigan Tech (cut by Panthers later claimed by Cowboys)

2006 draft

1 27(27) DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis ( backup to a guy that has turf toe)

2 26(58) Richard Marshall CB Fresno State ( solid football player)

3 24(88) James Anderson OLB Virginia Tech ( backup)

3 25(89) Rashad Butler T Miami (FL) (out of football, WASTED PICK)

4 24(121) Nate Salley S Ohio State (injured backup)

5 22(155) Jeff King TE Virginia Tech solid football player

7 26(234) Will Montgomery C Virginia Tech (cut by Panthers, claimed by Jets)

7 29(237) Stanley McClover DE Auburn (contributor)

We'll look at 2007 1 year from now and probably be dissapointed as well

Final analysis, OUR GM, COACHES and SCOUTS ARE TERRIBLE TALENT EVALUATORS!!!

Edited by Jumpin Johnies

2nd string RT for the Texans

Looks like he had some sort of medical issue that prevented him from gaining weight so the Panthers cut him and now he is doing much better and still in the league with the Texans. You probably saw him at the game that day and didn't even realize it. I am glad for him, as it sounds like he had a tough two years, but could stick in the NFL for several years now.

Too bad we didn't figure what his problem was before cutting bait on him.

Good post and shows the inability of our management / coaches to identify solid players in the 2nd - 5th rounds that helps build the depth that we now lack. Marshall has been great, but other than him, their record is not too good.

Okay, I'll play..........

2005:

2 24(56) Darrent Williams CB Oklahoma St. (tragic death)

3 12(76) Karl Paymah CB Wash. St. (doesn't belong in the league)

3 34(97) Domonique Foxworth CB Maryland (not very good)

3 38(101) Maurice Clarett HB Ohio St. (who?)

6 26(200) Chris Myers OG Miami (FL) (currently starting and a good player)

7 25(239) Paul Ernster PK N. Arizona

2006:

1 11(11) Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt (playing good ball and getting better every week)

2 29(61) Tony Scheffler TE W Michigan (dangerous TE receiver)

4 22(119) Brandon Marshall WR UCF (if his head stays on straight he could be dangerous)

4 29(126) Elvis Dumervil OLB Louisville (2nd best defensive player on the team)

4 33(130) Domenik Hixon WR Akron (got cut and brought back then cut again I believe)

5 28(161) Chris Kuper OG North Dakota (solid guard starting since pitt. game)

6 29(198) Greg Eslinger C Minnesota (on practice squad)

2006 was a pretty good year for the draft, but 2005 was virtually a bust except for Myers. It seems one bad draft year can make a big difference.

Edited by NAUgrad

2nd string RT for the Texans

Looks like he had some sort of medical issue that prevented him from gaining weight so the Panthers cut him and now he is doing much better and still in the league with the Texans. You probably saw him at the game that day and didn't even realize it. I am glad for him, as it sounds like he had a tough two years, but could stick in the NFL for several years now.

Too bad we didn't figure what his problem was before cutting bait on him.

Good post and shows the inability of our management / coaches to identify solid players in the 2nd - 5th rounds that helps build the depth that we now lack. Marshall has been great, but other than him, their record is not too good.

You might recall a conversation we had after we picked Rashad Butler where I voiced my dissapointment at us picking him over my friend Brad Butler who now starts and is playing well for the Bills. Rashad Butler could've turned out to be a Pro Bowler for us and I still would've been dissapointed. Brad shot me a text on Monday telling me that he's got two tickets to the Skins game for Stacey and I plus I received an autographed jersey and picture in the mail from him last Friday. I didn't ask for any of this stuff but I'll happily take it. I just wish it was Panthers gear. :D

Marty Hurney has made plenty of bad decisions in free agency as well. I think he's our #1 problem but Fox has done just as poorly in decided who his O.C., D.C. and starters are.

I thought you said "let's look at the last 3 drafts" I guess that meant spanning this thread over a one yr period.

:D

I'm frustrated with my team right now and I realized while doing the posting that our 2007 draft actually looks pretty good so far, but I'm sure those guys will turn to crap in a years time.

What's even better is that Denver's 03-04 drafts have provided exactly 1 player still with the team. DJ Williams is the only player still with Denver and he is really struggling at MLB. So that's three years (03-05) of draft picks that have provided almost nothing. That explains some of the suckyness!

2007 - Detroit Lions

Rd Sel # Player Position School

1 2 Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech (shown flashes of being as good as advertised, but limited by Week 3 back injury)

2 43 Drew Stanton QB Michigan State (missed most of TC with a knee injury, on the shelf until next season)

2 58 Ikaika Alama-Francis DE Hawaii (coaches rave about his physical talent, but he's too raw to see action yet)

2 61 Gerald Alexander FS Boise State (pressed into starting duty in preseason, has shown flashes and is coming on)

4 105 A.J. Davis CB North Carolina State (buried in a depth chart full of nobodies)

4 117 Manny Ramirez G Texas Tech (same story as IAF, the coaches love him but he's too raw)

5 158 Johnny Baldwin LB Alabama A&M (cut in preseason, now with KCC)

7 255 Ramzee Robinson CB Alabama (just activated for ST duty a couple weeks ago)

2006 - Detroit Lions

1 9 Ernie Sims OLB Florida State (far and away the teams' best LB, fierce and talented but may be too small to ever be elite)

2 40 Daniel Bullocks SS Nebraska (looked completely lost early last year, by this preseason looked GREAT, then lost to IR)

3 74 Brian Calhoun RB Wisconsin (Mr. Invisible. Trung Canidate all over again)

5 141 Jonathan Scott T Texas (HUGE frame, developing well. Might take over as RT soon and is tabbed as the future LT)

6 179 Dee McCann CB West Virginia (sometime practice squadder/special teamer)

7 217 Fred Matua G USC (trumpeted as the steal of the draft, I don't think he made the 2007 roster)

7 247 Anthony Cannon LB Tulane (vaguely talented, mostly special teamer)

2005 - Detroit Lions

1 10 Mike Williams WR USC (don't remind me)

2 37 Shaun Cody DE USC (least good DE/DT 'tweener on a team full of DE/DT 'tweeners. Don't see him here in two years)

3 72 Stanley Wilson DB Stanford (sometime starter who isn't very well suited for the T2. Better as a nickel guy)

5 145 Dan Orlovsky QB Connecticut (lost his backup job to J.T. O'Sullivan. 'nuff said.)

6 184 Bill Swancutt DE Oregon State (incredible motor, but he was undersized for a linebacker and played DE. Not on the team)

6 206 Johnathan Goddard LB Marshall (not on the team AFAIK)

Yeesh. To review:

Starters: Calvin Johnson, Ernie Sims, Gerald Alexander (since Bullocks is on IR), Daniel Bullocks (on IR)

Key Contributors: Jonathan Scott, Stanley Wilson

Occasional Contributors: Shaun Cody

Jury's Still Out: Drew Stanton, Ikaika Alama-Francis, A. J. Davis, Manny Ramirez, Brian Calhoun (giving him a mental 'medical redshirt' year)

Busts: everybody else

Peace

policy

I'll highlight a few...

Marlin Jackson (29) - Starting CB, pretty solid in coverage and excellent in run support

Kelvin Hayden (60) - Starting CB, not incredible, but pretty decent overall

Dylan Gandy (129) - Backup G/C

Matt Giordano (135) - Backup SS, looked OK filling in for Doss/Sanders last season

Tyjuan Hagler (173) - Backup OLB turned starter when Morris went on IR, nothing special

Joseph Addai (30) - Stud

Tim Jennings (62) - Backup CB, nothing special

Freddie Keiaho (94) - Starting OLB, looked pretty good early on, but has been limited with injuries

Charlie Johnson (199) - Backup T, played very well at RT in the Super Bowl... good run-blocker who has struggled at times this year pass-blocking at LT

Antoine Bethea (207) - Very good rookie year last season and an above-average FS right now

Anthony Gonzalez (32) - Good speed (allegedly 4.4), but so-so hands and has been limited with an injury so far

Tony Ugoh (42) - Under-sized for LT, but athletic enough to deal with elite pass-rushers and looks promising

Quinn Pitcock (98) - Buried behind Ed Johnson, Dan Klecko, and Darrell Reid on the depth chart - disappointing, IMO

2007 - Green Bay Packers

1 16 Justin Harrell DT Tennessee (Currently injured and inactive. Hard to judge him yet, but rough start)

2 63 Brandon Jackson RB Nebraska (Disappointing to this point, but still sees the field.)

3 78 James Jones WR San Jose State (Breakout Rookie WR, needs work)

3 89 Aaron Rouse SAF Virginia Tech (Starting at FS with Nick Collins injured, some poor tackling in first start, but otherwise played well)

4 119 Allen Barbre G Missouri Southern State (Possible starting tackle of the future?)

5 157 David Clowney WR Virginia Tech (Cut and picked up by the Jets)

6 191 Korey Hall FB Boise State (Current starter at FB, learning the position, encouraging progress)

6 192 Desmond Bishop LB California (A couple highlight reel tackles in preseason, special teamer, injured?)

6 193 Mason Crosby K Colorado (Pretty good rookie season as starting PK)

7 228 DeShawn Wynn RB Florida (I.R., showed some promise, questionable work ethic)

7 243 Clark Harris TE Rutgers (Cut in training camp)

2006 - Green Bay Packers

1 5 A.J. Hawk OLB Ohio State (Not as dominant as many thought at this point, but solid)

2 47 Daryn Colledge G Boise State (Starting LG and backup LT, with room for improvement)

2 52 Greg Jennings WR Western Michigan (Leads team in TD's, tends to drop a few easy ones this season)

3 67 Abdul Hodge LB Iowa (Having trouble staying healthy, can struggle at times)

3 75 Jason Spitz G Louisville (Starting RG and backup C)

4 104 Cory Rodgers WR Texas Christian (Out of Football?)

4 115 Will Blackmon CB Boston College (Foot injuries and others have held him back, shows promise in return game)

5 148 Ingle Martin QB Furman (Cut this year)

5 165 Tony Moll G Nevada-Reno (Backup Guard and Tackle)

6 183 Johnny Jolly DT Texas A&M (MASTER OF THE BATTED DOWN PASS!)

6 185 Tyrone Culver DB Fresno State (I.R.?)

7 253 Dave Tollefson DE Northwest Missouri State (Cut and with the Giants)

2005 - Green Bay Packers

1 24 Aaron Rodgers QB California (hahahah... We'll see some day... maybe)

2 51 Nick Collins FS Bethune-Cookman (Starting FS, very athletic, improving)

2 58 Terrence Murphy WR Texas A&M (Promising career cut short by neck injury)

4 115 Marviel Underwood DB San Diego State (Potential starting SS this season before training camp injury)

4 125 Brady Poppinga LB Brigham Young (Starting SLB, improving)

5 143 Junius Coston C North Carolina A&T (Versatile backup G and T)

5 167 Mike Hawkins DB Oklahoma (Cut and currently with hated Vikings)

6 180 Mike Montgomery DT Texas A&M (Battling injuries, productive rotation DL)

6 195 Craig Bragg WR UCLA (Cut and out of football?)

7 245 Kurt Campbell CB Albany State (NY) (Cut)

7 246 Will Whitticker G Michigan State (Starting G for 1 season, didn't fit zone block scheme, with Redskins)

2007 - Detroit Lions

1 2 Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech (shown flashes of being as good as advertised, but limited by Week 3 back injury)

2 43 Drew Stanton QB Michigan State (missed most of TC with a knee injury, on the shelf until next season)

2 58 Ikaika Alama-Francis DE Hawaii (coaches rave about his physical talent, but he's too raw to see action yet)

2 61 Gerald Alexander FS Boise State (pressed into starting duty in preseason, has shown flashes and is coming on)

4 105 A.J. Davis CB North Carolina State (buried in a depth chart full of nobodies)

4 117 Manny Ramirez G Texas Tech (same story as IAF, the coaches love him but he's too raw)

5 158 Johnny Baldwin LB Alabama A&M (cut in preseason, now with KCC)

7 255 Ramzee Robinson CB Alabama (just activated for ST duty a couple weeks ago)

2006 - Detroit Lions

1 9 Ernie Sims OLB Florida State (far and away the teams' best LB, fierce and talented but may be too small to ever be elite)

2 40 Daniel Bullocks SS Nebraska (looked completely lost early last year, by this preseason looked GREAT, then lost to IR)

3 74 Brian Calhoun RB Wisconsin (Mr. Invisible. Trung Canidate all over again)

5 141 Jonathan Scott T Texas (HUGE frame, developing well. Might take over as RT soon and is tabbed as the future LT)

6 179 Dee McCann CB West Virginia (sometime practice squadder/special teamer)

7 217 Fred Matua G USC (trumpeted as the steal of the draft, I don't think he made the 2007 roster)

7 247 Anthony Cannon LB Tulane (vaguely talented, mostly special teamer)

2005 - Detroit Lions

1 10 Mike Williams WR USC (don't remind me)

2 37 Shaun Cody DE USC (least good DE/DT 'tweener on a team full of DE/DT 'tweeners. Don't see him here in two years)

3 72 Stanley Wilson DB Stanford (sometime starter who isn't very well suited for the T2. Better as a nickel guy)

5 145 Dan Orlovsky QB Connecticut (lost his backup job to J.T. O'Sullivan. 'nuff said.)

6 184 Bill Swancutt DE Oregon State (incredible motor, but he was undersized for a linebacker and played DE. Not on the team)

6 206 Johnathan Goddard LB Marshall (not on the team AFAIK)

Yeesh. To review:

Starters: Calvin Johnson, Ernie Sims, Gerald Alexander (since Bullocks is on IR), Daniel Bullocks (on IR)

Key Contributors: Jonathan Scott, Stanley Wilson

Occasional Contributors: Shaun Cody

Jury's Still Out: Drew Stanton, Ikaika Alama-Francis, A. J. Davis, Manny Ramirez, Brian Calhoun (giving him a mental 'medical redshirt' year)

Busts: everybody else

Peace

policy

Even the Lions have drafted better than us.

2007 - Pittsburgh Steelers

1 15 Lawrence Timmons LB Florida State - Jury still out

2 46 LaMarr Woodley LB Michigan - looked very good in limited play

3 77 Matt Spaeth TE Minnesota - has been a surprise on offense

4 112 Daniel Sepulveda P Baylor - great punter

4 132 Ryan McBean DE Oklahoma State - practice squad

5 156 Cameron Stephenson G Rutgers - cut

5 170 William Gay CB Louisville - great preseason, has done pretty good in nicke/dime packages while mcfadden was out

7 227 Dallas Baker WR Florida - practice squad

UDFA - Gary Russell RB - has been on 53 man roster all season. yet to see playing time. did very well in preseason

UDFA - Darnell Stapleton OG - has been on 53 man roster most or all of season. yet to see playing time.

2006 - Pittsburgh Steelers

1 25 Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State - up and coming star

3 83 Anthony Smith DB Syracuse - up and coming star, devastating hitter

3 95 Willie Reid WR Florida State - hasnt done anything on returns, made a couple plays when active. he definitely has potential.

4 131 Willie Colon T Hofstra - starting RT, has done decent replacing max starks

4 133 Orien Harris DT Miami (Fla.) - cut

5 164 Omar Jacobs QB Bowling Green State - cut

5 167 Charles Davis TE Purdue - cut

6 201 Marvin Philip C California - just promoted to active roster, now the backup center

7 240 Cedric Humes RB Virginia Tech - cut

2005 - Pittsburgh Steelers

1 30 Heath Miller TE Virginia - stud

2 62 Bryant McFadden DB Florida State - excellent in nickel/dime packages, has done very well filling in for taylor and townsend. a future starter

3 93 Trai Essex T Northwestern - backup LT, did ok when filling in for smith

4 131 Fred Gibson WR Georgia - cut

5 166 Rian Wallace LB Temple - cut

6 204 Chris Kemoeatu G Utah - backup RG, hasnt got much playing time yet. could replace faneca.

7 228 Shaun Nua DE Brigham Young - cut

7 244 Noah Herron RB Northwestern - cut, has done pretty good with the packers though.

UDFA - Nate Washington WR - #3 receiver, a bit inconsistent, makes some great catches. good pickup.

UDFA - Greg Warren LS - dont remember him making any bad snaps in 3 years. so he was a good pickup.

In 2004 we drafted Big Ben and picked up Willie Parker as an UDFA. obviously, this was a pivotal year for the steelers.

Edited by jjpro11

KC sucks at drafting and has for a long time. In fact, the 2006 draft class is the first time since the 1996 draft class that Carl & Co. have pulled together what appears to be a solid class from top to bottom.

To make my point, I went back to the 1997 draft class. Since then, KC has drafted 3 studs (Tony Gonzalez, Larry Johnson and Jared Allen), 9 very good players (John Tait, Greg Wesley, Dante Hall, Derrick Johnson, Dustin Colquitt, Tamba Hali, Bernard Pollard, Jarrad Page and Dwayne Bowe), and 67 other dudes... Sure, some of the guys I have under the "other dudes" category (Turk McBride, Brodie Croyle, etc) may be great down the road, there is no indication that they're answering any longer term problems for the team.

I offer up the following:

2007 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 1 very good player (Dwayne Bowe) 6 other dudes (which includes Turk McBride, Kolby Smith and Herbert Taylor)

2006 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 3 very good players (Tamba Hali, Bernard Pollard and Jarrad Page) and 4 other dudes (which includes Brodie Croyle and Jeff Webb)

2005 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 2 very good players (Derrick Johnson and Dustin Colquitt) and 7 other dudes

2004 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 1 stud (Jared Allen) and 6 other dudes (which include Kris Wilson, Keyron Fox and Sammie Parker)

2003 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 1 stud (Larry Johnson) and 7 other dudes (which includes Kawika Mitchell)

2002 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 7 other dudes (which includes Scott Fujita)

2001 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 9 other dudes

2000 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 2 very good players (Greg Wesley and Dante Hall) and 6 other dudes

1999 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 1 very good player (John Tait) and 5 other dudes

1998 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 7 other dudes (which includes Victor Riley and Eric Warfield)

1997 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 1 stud (Tony Gonzalez) and 5 other dudes

1996 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 5 very good players (Jerome Woods, Reggie Tongue, John Browning, Donnie Edwards, Joe Horn) and 4 other dudes

KC sucks at drafting and has for a long time. In fact, the 2006 draft class is the first time since the 1996 draft class that Carl & Co. have pulled together what appears to be a solid class from top to bottom.

To make my point, I went back to the 1997 draft class. Since then, KC has drafted 3 studs (Tony Gonzalez, Larry Johnson and Jared Allen), 9 very good players (John Tait, Greg Wesley, Dante Hall, Derrick Johnson, Dustin Colquitt, Tamba Hali, Bernard Pollard, Jarrad Page and Dwayne Bowe), and 67 other dudes... Sure, some of the guys I have under the "other dudes" category (Turk McBride, Brodie Croyle, etc) may be great down the road, there is no indication that they're answering any longer term problems for the team.

I offer up the following:

2007 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 1 very good player (Dwayne Bowe) 6 other dudes (which includes Turk McBride, Kolby Smith and Herbert Taylor)

2006 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 3 very good players (Tamba Hali, Bernard Pollard and Jarrad Page) and 4 other dudes (which includes Brodie Croyle and Jeff Webb)

2005 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 2 very good players (Derrick Johnson and Dustin Colquitt) and 7 other dudes

2004 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 1 stud (Jared Allen) and 6 other dudes (which include Kris Wilson, Keyron Fox and Sammie Parker)

2003 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 1 stud (Larry Johnson) and 7 other dudes (which includes Kawika Mitchell)

2002 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 7 other dudes (which includes Scott Fujita)

2001 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 9 other dudes

2000 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 2 very good players (Greg Wesley and Dante Hall) and 6 other dudes

1999 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 1 very good player (John Tait) and 5 other dudes

1998 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 7 other dudes (which includes Victor Riley and Eric Warfield)

1997 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 1 stud (Tony Gonzalez) and 5 other dudes

1996 - Kansas City Chiefs -- 5 very good players (Jerome Woods, Reggie Tongue, John Browning, Donnie Edwards, Joe Horn) and 4 other dudes

You did some serious work to prove your team couldn't draft.

You did some serious work...

Nah ... not really.

...to prove your team couldn't draft.

I thought everyone was pretty well aware of the fact that if Carl & Co. draft you, it's generally the death knell to your future NFL career.

To wit: Since 1993, KC has had 56 draft picks in round 5 or later ... and have only drafted four players of any note ... Jarrad Page, Eric Warfield, Dante Hall and Joe Horn.

Edited by muck

I'll play and give you 4 years

Starters in red

2007 - Philadelphia Eagles

2 36 Kevin Kolb QB Houston (future disaster at QB after they push McNabb out the door)

2 57 Victor Abiamiri DE Notre Dame (not playing but should get time next year)

3 87 Stewart Bradley LB Nebraska (not playing but should get time next year)

3 90 Tony Hunt RB Penn State (future bust IMO)

5 159 C.J. Gaddis SAF Clemson (cut by a team in need of help at S)

5 162 Brent Celek TE Cincinnati (looks like he will get a shot to start if LJ leaves)

6 201 Rashad Barksdale CB Albany State (NY) (was raw, played BBall, now with KC)

7 236 Nate Ilaoa FB Hawaii (cut)

2006 - Philadelphia Eagles

1 14 Brodrick Bunkley DT Florida State (finally developing)

2 39 Winston Justice T USC (turnstile when he plays)

3 71 Chris Gocong LB Cal Poly-S.L.O. (looks just OK at SLB, probably replaced by Bradley next year)

4 99 Max Jean-Gilles G Georgia (future starter)

4 109 Jason Avant WR Michigan (maybe, great WRs in front of him)

5 147 Jeremy Bloom WR Colorado (cut)

5 168 Omar Gaither LB Tennessee (starting MLB, better suited outside)

6 204 LaJuan Ramsey DT USC (in the DT rotation, nice late round hit)

2005 - Philadelphia Eagles

1 31 Mike Patterson DT USC (solid DT)

2 35 Reggie Brown WR Georgia (starting WR, just OK)

2 63 Matt McCoy LB San Diego State (speedbump, cut)

3 77 Ryan Moats RB Louisiana Tech (hurt, will be cut)

4 102 Sean Considine DB Iowa (starting S for now, injured, probably gone)

4 126 Todd Herremans T Saginaw Valley State (starting Guard)

5 146 Trent Cole DE Cincinnati (very nice DE, Score!)

5 172 Scott Young G Brigham Young (cut)

6 211 Calvin Armstrong T Washington State (cut)

7 247 Keyonta Marshall DT Grand Valley State (cut)

7 252 David Bergeron LB Stanford (cut)

2004 - Philadelphia Eagles

1 16 Shawn Andrews T Arkansas (Pro-Bowler, Score)

3 89 Matt Ware DB UCLA (cut, in ARZ?)

4 129 J.R. Reed DB South Florida (Kick returner, had tough injury, seeing time at S out of need)

4 131 Trey Darilek T Texas-El Paso (cut)

5 162 Thomas Tapeh RB Minnesota (Starting FB)

6 185 Andy Hall QB Delaware (cut)

6 192 Dexter Wynn DB Colorado State (cut, playing in NFL?)

7 227 Adrien Clarke G Ohio State (starting w/ Jets?)

7 242 Bruce Perry RB Maryland (cut)

7 243 Dominic Furio C Nevada-Las Vegas (cut)

Some years have been better than others. Decent luck on DL and pretty good on O-line. Skill players other than Westbrook years ago have been so-so. LBs and DBs, more misses than hits since Brown, Lewis & Sheppard. I have hope for Gaither, Gocong & Bradley but they don't intimated anyone yet.

ETA- all but one are out of Football

2003 - Philadelphia Eagles

1 15 Jerome McDougle DE Miami (Fla.)

2 61 L.J. Smith TE Rutgers

3 95 Billy McMullen WR Virginia

4 131 Jamaal Green DE Miami (Fla.)

6 185 Jeremy Bridges G Southern Mississippi

7 244 Norman LeJeune DB Louisiana State

Edited by Zooty

THE PANTHERS 2005 & 2006 drafts:

2005 draft

1 14(14) Thomas Davis S Georgia ( starts for Panthers)

2 22(54) Eric Shelton HB Louisville (out of football)

3 15(79) Evan Mathis OG Alabama (back up lineman on a team with a bad o-line)

3 25(89) Atiyyah Ellison DT Missouri (cut his rookie year,left un-claimed by the other 31 NFL teams and placed on our practice squad., now out of NFL)

4 20(121) Stefan LeFors QB Louisville ( out of football)

5 13(149) Adam Seward ILB UNLV (4 tackles, no sacks or int. ytd)

5 33(169) Geoff Hangartner C Texas A&M (back up lineman on a team with a bad o-line)

5 35(171) Ben Emanuel II S UCLA (name doesn't even appear in the NFL database)

6 15(189) Jovan Haye DE Vanderbilt (cut by Panthers and claimed by Tampa, has 4 sacks YTD)

6 33(207) Joe Berger OG Michigan Tech (cut by Panthers later claimed by Cowboys)

2006 draft

1 27(27) DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis ( backup to a guy that has turf toe)

2 26(58) Richard Marshall CB Fresno State ( solid football player)

3 24(88) James Anderson OLB Virginia Tech ( backup)

4 24(121) Nate Salley S Ohio State (injured backup)

5 22(155) Jeff King TE Virginia Tech solid football player

7 26(234) Will Montgomery C Virginia Tech (cut by Panthers, claimed by Jets)

7 29(237) Stanley McClover DE Auburn (contributor)

We'll look at 2007 1 year from now and probably be dissapointed as well

Final analysis, OUR GM, COACHES and SCOUTS ARE TERRIBLE TALENT EVALUATORS!!!

I made an error on my posting Stefan LeFors is not out of football, he is a backup QB for the Edmonton Eskimos, a CFL team.

Nah ... not really.

I thought everyone was pretty well aware of the fact that if Carl & Co. draft you, it's generally the death knell to your future NFL career.

To wit: Since 1993, KC has had 56 draft picks in round 5 or later ... and have only drafted four players of any note ... Jarrad Page, Eric Warfield, Dante Hall and Joe Horn.

I've thought a lot about this ... FIFTEEN YEARS ... and only four players picked in the 5th, 6th or 7th round that positively impacted your football team.

Someone else needs to be calling the shots on player personnel.

Or, at a minimum, we should just start trading away the second half of our draft for more proven vets ... at least we'd get a bit of production more frequently than we are via the draft ...

:D:D:wacko: