[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Bush?

magnum033

Taken from Raider Blog - Oakland Tribune yesterday...

Things get interesting this week if the Raiders decide to promote Michael Bush to the 53-man roster. Bush has been running with the scout team for the past two weeks on an exemption. Kiffin said Bush must be placed on the 53-man roster by Wednesday if he is to play this season.

(Bush, interestingly, said his understanding was he had until after the Minnesota game).

With the Raiders already playing for next season, you'd think they'd want to get an idea of what Bush can do. Is he a multi-talented big back in the in the Chuck Muncie mold, or someone like Johnnie Johnson, the gifted ex-Cardinal and 49er who seemed to have everything but amounted to nothing in a football sense?

The sooner Bush plays, the sooner the Raiders find out.

If Bush is in, either Jordan or Rhodes could be out.

Posted by Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer on Tuesday at 6:09 pm

According to the SF Chronicle

The Raiders have until Wednesday to decide whether to activate rookie running back Michael Bush or put him on injured reserve

I am trying to find out as well but I would suspect if Bush was going to do anything this year, he would have already done it.

According to the SF Chronicle

I am trying to find out as well but I would suspect if Bush was going to do anything this year, he would have already done it.

This is the Raiders we are talking about! No one knows what the hell is ever going on over there :D ...Just based on the fact that they have totally given up on Jordan and haven't even really bothered to see what Rhodes can do might be enough to say that Bush will be added to the team and possibly see some playing time. Everything I have read and seen points to him being fully healthy and ready to go.

He likely will not be activated until NEXT Wednesday (the 21st)...if he is, either Andrew Walter, Jordan or Rhodes will likely be cut.

Is Jordan worth holding onto? It seems as though his days are numbered and they're not going to give him any more touches. If/when Fargas goes down, who will get the next shot? Bush if he's activated or one of the 2 not cut?

Edited by irish

Is Jordan worth holding onto. It seems as though his days are numbered and they're not going to give him any more touches. If/when Fargas goes down, who will get the next shot? Bush if he's activated or one of the 2 not cut?

From what i've read, on various Raider message boards, is that Bush has already impressed the coaching staff, and they firmly believe he is their running back of the future and best running back on the team.

The reason Jordan has been getting the cold shoulder lately is he has a tendency to get knicked up, isnt consistent especially when playing against the better defenses in the league, and he will be too expensive to keep next year (salary jumps from roughly 1mil to 4.7 mil next year).

Rhodes role, was essentially stolen by Fargas, because no one really expected Fargas to emerge like he has the past couple weeks. It has something to do with the zone-blocking scheme they are using and Fargas improving his timing for hitting the hole when open.

Fargas will be a free agent next year so they probably want to see if he is worth holding on to...hence his increased playing time

So to answer your question, IF Bush gets activated, I assume (my assumption) he would be number 2 on the depth chart behind Fargas. I really do not see Rhodes emerging because he really didnt show anything in preseason or within the limited time he has played in the regular season and Jordan really has no future with the team if Bush becomes the main guy.

Edited by Return Of S&B

From what i've read, on various Raider message boards, is that Bush has already impressed the coaching staff, and they firmly believe he is their running back of the future and best running back on the team.

The reason Jordan has been getting the cold shoulder lately is he has a tendency to get knicked up, isnt consistent especially when playing against the better defenses in the league, and he will be too expensive to keep next year (salary jumps from roughly 1mil to 4.7 mil next year).

Rhodes role, was essentially stolen by Fargas, because no one really expected Fargas to emerge like he has the past couple weeks. It has something to do with the zone-blocking scheme they are using and Fargas improving his timing for hitting the hole when open.

Fargas will be a free agent next year so they probably want to see if he is worth holding on to...hence his increased playing time

So to answer your question, IF Bush gets activated, I assume (my assumption) he would be number 2 on the depth chart behind Fargas. I really do not see Rhodes emerging because he really didnt show anything in preseason or within the limited time he has played in the regular season and Jordan really has no future with the team if Bush becomes the main guy.

Great response. Thanks. :D

I haven't seen anything so it looks like he's still on PUP for the season.

Sgt. Ryan pirateownsninjas StormChasers and I all drafted him but have moved on without him.

Not true. From a bay area blog yesterday evening:

- Running back Michael Bush remains on the exempt list. Kiffin said the Raiders have until next Wednesday to to activate Bush, or he won't be able to play this season.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/