[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who Wins: SD @ JAX

H8tank

Who Wins: SD @ JAX  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins: SD @ JAX

• San Diego
    • Jax

Gonna be a great game, likely the marquee game of the season for SD. :D

The Chargers are one of the worst teams in the league in the fourth quarter, scoring just 34 points to 77 for their opponents, and they're facing the wrong team to change that. Jacksonville has outscored opponents 62-42 in the fourth quarter, and the Jaguars have won 30 of their last 36 games when leading after the third quarter.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/charg...z1s13scout.html

Go Jags! Line favors Jags by 3.

Depends which Charger team shows up, Dr. Jekyl or Mr. Hyde. Here's hoping the good team shows up. :D Go Chargers!

It's going to be a hard fought, smash mouth type of game. Both teams will try to establish the run, but the run defenses for both teams are typically excellent with the exception of one hiccup for each team (the Jags somehow got torched by Chris Brown for 175 yds in Game 1 and the Chargers fell apart against AP for 296 yds in Game 9). Both defenses seem to have recovered. The Chargers won't be able to rely on special teams and defense to bail them out. The offense is going to have to make some plays. We'll see...

It is gonna be a helleva game H8!

I am looking for a defensive struggle, maybe even a 13-10 type game (both Ds are good starts this week fantasy wise).

It is hard for me to give a clear advantage to either squad. SD has more offensive potential/balance, but only if the O-line shows up and they haven't very often this year (biggest problem with the Bolts right now, NOT RIvers). The Chargers D tends to shut down most runs at the LOS, but when RBs get to the second level, they seem to pick up chunks. If JAX can spring MJD a few times, he could be the key to some nice long (game changing) gains. I still think RIvers is the better QB in this matchup, if he gets the time and the SD receivers are a better group as a whole, but getting them involved is another story.

There is no clear advantage on the D side either. Both can stuff the run and play solid coverage. The SD D has been getting A LOT of turnovers recently, but if JAX can keep the ball on the ground, this minimizes this factor. Rather than a mistake on Offense, I see that a mistake or two on this side of the ball (blown coverage / missed tackle) could be the biggest factor as to who wins or loses.

The one area that San Diego, IMO, has an advantage is STs. They have excelled at this for a few years now and have three TDs in the last two weeks. With pro-bowl caliber kickers and excellent ST players who take pride in this phase, this is where a positive, between the lines play or two could take place that influences the outcome. This edge in my mind, slightly outweighs the outside the lines advantage of home field.

Last week everyone was expecting the big offensive shootout between SD and Indy and got a defensive battle. The irony here would be for an offensive shootout, but I don't see that, even in the wild world of the NFL this year.

JAX got help from the Chargers last week by knocking off the Colts but are dissappointed this week. The San Digo O gets field position advantage for much of the game from STs... LT finally gets to attack the edges of a bigger D instead of slamming it up the middle into a brick wall and Rivers gets enough time to make a difference. My pick... SD 20-17.

I voted San Diego, because H8tank started the poll.................

+1.......he's always crying about the disrespect card. Fact of the matter is his Jags are a boring team to watch, they win, but are boring....much like many of the Chiefs teams back in the 90's.

.he's always crying about the disrespect card.

Really? They are a 6-3 team, if you don't respect them, that is your slight, I don't need to make light of it. If you need some help learning how the game of football is played billy, the Fantasy Advice forum is a good place to start. If you need help, PM blitz.

(both Ds are good starts this week fantasy wise)

Garrard has yet to throw a pick this year, they don't turn the ball over much as it is, have an explosive special teams, and with Rivers recent play... just look at last week, they couldn't move the ball vs. the 9 men Indy dressed on defense.

I've gotta feeling about this game.

At this time last year, there was still an air of resentment by some of the Chargers over comments about how LT had lost a step. They were coming off of a win that many questioned as truley valid or flukiis (CInnci comeback), and were heading into Invesco, a traditional house of horrors for the Bolts. Many questions still circled this team as to if they were the team from the previous year where they ust missed post season, or the team from the year before that where they lost a heartbreaker to the Jets in the first game of post season.

Once again, they fell behind to the Broncos and were down by 17 well into the third. Once again, they threw the switch and came back and won that game (the first team in NFL History to win back-to-back games in which they were down by 17+). They had struggled against the better teams, but were finding ways to win anyway. There were many doubters as to the quality of this club.

A year later, the Chargers are coming of of another hard fought, flukish win (only this one by their D). They are going into a hostile environment against a solid team with a strong running game desperate for a win to stay close in their division (deja vue anyone?).

This could be the game that makes or breaks San Diego's season. They either respond and get on a roll or disappear into mediocrity. From what I have heard out of Chargerdome this week, the feeling is very much like it was last year at this time.

H8 said earlier in this thread that this is a benchmark game for the Bolts, and I agree completely. If the Chargers come out of this game win a win, it could seasl the final "buy-in" that I think is still lacking in some players minds. Mind you, many of these guys have only had one NFL head coach (Marty) and there has been talk by some of the stars that there isn't always a feeling of complete buy-in.

The "found a way win" against the COlts and a win in AX could change all of that.

Looking forward to it! It will be a better game than most expect.

Oh, and by the way... Too early to tell, but ... ;)

...Rivers will throw 3 picks, and SD loses 31-13.

:D

This is why homers get so bummed after a loss. Unrealistic expectations! :wacko:

If either team puts up more than 20 I will be shocked! :D:D The 13 could be about right for either team depending on how the game goes. I still think it will be a defensive ballgame where mistakes by either D will decide the outcome.

Good Luck! :D

As an extra piece of the puzzle comes to mind, this game is BIG for both teams.

Both KC and Denver have very probable losses facing them this week wich means the Chargers take a two game lead in the AFC West with a win. That padding would be nice to have while they figure some of this sh!t out!

In this scenario, JAX has to win in order stay a game behind the Colts.

I can't see either team sleeping through this game. I still think the key to this game is the O-line of San Diego. If they show up, the Bolts should win.

JAX deserved the win. Congrats :D

SD could have won IF any of the four picks Garrard escaped from were made, the Lady walked with JAX today. Chambers did NOT push off. That is a different game without that call. I still can't understand why Teddy won't bring the house. Four big coverage breakdowns by SD D cost them that game. The JAX D just did not make any mistakes! Overall, I thought it was a pretty good game and the home team had enough to get it done. The outcome was not a "suprise".

West Coast teams playing on the East coast should have the games start at 4 local (1 p.m. PST). It is clear that the Chargers were not really there until about the middle of the 2nd and seemed to "wake up" all of a sudden. It is bullcrap that they are forced to start their day at 3:00 am (travel to stadium, taping, warm-up, etc.), it is hard enough being the travelling team either direction.

I went to the game today, and I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. This is one of the most complete games I've seen them play, especially against a good opponent. This team is so much better without Leftwich that it's not even funny. On the flip side, the Chargers would be so much better without Rivers that it's not even funny.

West Coast teams playing on the East coast should have the games start at 4 local (1 p.m. PST). It is clear that the Chargers were not really there until about the middle of the 2nd and seemed to "wake up" all of a sudden. It is bullcrap that they are forced to start their day at 3:00 am (travel to stadium, taping, warm-up, etc.), it is hard enough being the travelling team either direction.

Come on... the trip to Jax had nothing to do with them losing. You discredit yourself when you make a statement like that. Did it ever have anythign to do with their wins on the East Coast? Of course not, accept the defeat without excuses and move on and look forward to hiring anew coach in the off season.