[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marshawn Lynch

Marshy

From Rotoworld:

Coach Dick Jauron indicated Monday that Marshawn Lynch's ankle injury is more severe than the typical sprain and could force him out multiple weeks.

Buffalo is prepared to go with Anthony Thomas as its starter and Dwayne Wright as his oft-used backup. Wright might be the favorite for goal-line carries, while Thomas would get the majority of the touches. Fred Jackson could also be used sparingly. After New England, the Bills face Jacksonville and Washington. It won't be an easy road for the makeshift ground game. Nov. 14 - 3:18 pm et

Nov 14 Coach Dick Jauron says he's not "overly optimistic" that Thomas' teammate, Marshawn Lynch, will be able to play this week after suffering an ankle injury in the Week 10 win over Miami, the Associated Press reports.

Recommendation: If Lynch can't play -- probably about a 50-50 proposition right now -- Thomas would probably share the carries against the Patriots this week with rookie Dwayne Wright. That might give A-Train a hint of value in some leagues, though don't sell the farm counting on Thomas either. The Patriots are a brutal matchup for just about anyone, we probably won't know exactly how the carries will be split up, you'll need Lynch to be officially ruled out, and it's a late start with the game being on Sunday night. So far this season, Thomas has 10 carries for 12 yards relieving Lynch, while Wright has 25 carries for 76 yards.

------------------------------------------------------------

So who would be the better choice if Lynch is out?

Wright seems to be the better runner, and the prefered looking at this seasons stats.

The stampede to claim him on waivers has already begun.

I just dropped Andre Davis for him before the Lynch owner had a chance. I don't plan on using him but it kept him away from the Lynch owner who I need to lose so I can stay in 2nd place....

At this point, you've just got to laugh and realize that the majority of your competition can't field a decent pair of starting RBs at this point either.

you're right. at least i have some depth @ RB. hopefully, he'll be back in time for the start of the playoffs (week 15).

If the Bills were 2-7 or something, I'd say that Dwayne Wright would get the bulk of the carries. We all know what A-Train brings to the table. But this Bill team has won four straight and could make some SERIOUS noise if they were able to pull the hugh upset against the Pats.

The Bills have a tough stretch here: home against the Pats, and then two rather tough matchups on the road against the Jags and Skins. Should they drop three straight, they'd probably be all but out of it and their remaining schedule could mean nice things for whichever RB gets the carries. At that point, it COULD be Wright.

As for now, though, I expect Thomas to get the carries with Wright spelling him in certain situations. I picked up Thomas or Wright in any league I could do so. I think they may have some fantasy value moving forward.