[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Collusion or Not

reddog13

The trade was the team in 10th place gave up Steven Jackson to their friend in 7th place who gave up Fred Taylor and Amani Toomer who they have only played each of them one week for the season. I am not claiming collusion but I just want some input on what others think about this?

team A

QB Joey Harrington

WR Dennis Northcutt

WR Bernard Berrian

WR Muhsin Muhammad

RB LaMont Jordan

RB Julius Jones

TE Greg Olsen

K Jason Hanson

DEF Washington

Team B:

QB Donovan McNabb

WR Derrick Mason

WR Torry Holt

WR Isaac Bruce

RB Maurice Jones-Drew

RB --empty--

TE Dallas Clark

K Mason Crosby

DEF Indianapolis

Keep In Mind the week before the same two traded for Bernard Barrian and Julius Jones for Torry Holt. Is this legit?

I don't think that's bad enough to veto. I don't think commisioners should be vetoing trades unless it's something like a kicker for LT. If bad trades were always vetoed then trades would not get done a ton of the time. Just my $.02. It's not like SJax has lit up the league this year. Sure, the guy getting SJax has the better part of it but I doubt the actual stats these 2 sides have put up are that far apart.

I don't think that's bad enough to veto. I don't think commisioners should be vetoing trades unless it's something like a kicker for LT. If bad trades were always vetoed then trades would not get done a ton of the time. Just my $.02. It's not like SJax has lit up the league this year. Sure, the guy getting SJax has the better part of it but I doubt the actual stats these 2 sides have put up are that far apart.

So if LT got hurt and missed the same amount of games, a similar trade would be alright b/c the stats support it? :D

You can't be trading Fred Freakin' Taylor and Amani Toomer for a RB that can put up 30pts game in fantasy playoffs.

So if LT got hurt and missed the same amount of games, a similar trade would be alright b/c the stats support it? :D

You can't be trading Fred Freakin' Taylor and Amani Toomer for a RB that can put up 30pts game in fantasy playoffs.

He's asking for opinions. I gave mine.

It's a pretty horrible trade, but maybe the SJax owner thinks Toomer is going to be valuable down the stretch with Burress unhealthy. Also, SJax is still an injury risk himself. But it looks sketchy. Real sketchy. Especially after the Berrian/J. Jones for Holt trade.

I've had issues in leagues before where something similar happens where it is borderline collusion with no real proof of collusion. We have rules now that do not allow teams which are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs to trade players (not a dynasty or keeper league). It's worked out so far. it sucks that people will cheat to gain an edge, but such is life.

He's asking for opinions. I gave mine.

I understand. I am with you in that most trades should not be touched as not all trades will appear evenly weighted. I just wanted to point out that you can't look at stat lines alone. You have to take into account the team with Sjax is in 10th place and is basically conducting a firesale in that it is basically getting a RB3 and WR3 for a RB1.

I understand. I am with you in that most trades should not be touched as not all trades will appear evenly weighted. I just wanted to point out that you can't look at stat lines alone. You have to take into account the team with Sjax is in 10th place and is basically conducting a firesale in that it is basically getting a RB3 and WR3 for a RB1.

It's definitely a tough call. I'm sure all would feel better about it if the team in 10th place got a draft choice out of it or a younger player with some future upside.

How can you guys opine on this without knowing the league rules regarding a veto?

Hey guys, I was driving 50 mph on this road. Was I speeding?

You're almost never going to see any real evidence of collusion. Those rules are practically worthless.

its a terrible trade, but whether you have an option to veto it is up to your rules.

Edited by Furd

How can you guys opine on this without knowing the league rules regarding a veto?

You're almost never going to see any real evidence of collusion. Those rules are practically worthless.

its a terrible trade, but whether you have an option to veto it is up to your rules.

yes we have an option to veto this trade. Two of us did not it is up to Yahoo to let it go through or not. I just wanted to know if I was wrong for thinking collusion

So, if I am reading this right, over the past two weeks the following trade(s) has taken place:

Bernard Berrian, Julius Jones, Amani Toomer and Fred Taylor

for

Torry Holt and SJax

As a commissioner of 2 leagues, I would have to step in and at least talk to these two and try to make a determination if this is collusion.

Certainly looks fishy.

We have rules now that do not allow teams which are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs to trade players (not a dynasty or keeper league).

this is a good rule, assuming that there is nothing left for the teams to play for. some leagues have a weekly high score, which i like, which at least gives teams some incentive to keep playing.

if the 10th place team is mathematically eliminated and has absolutely nothing left to play for, then that team should not be striking deals. yes, you could say that they want to get out of the cellar or something like that, but clearly, sjax for toomer/taylor at this point in the season makes no sense.

if i were commish in this case, i would call the 10th place team owner and ask him to explain his rationale for the deal. many times, they will just admit that they don't care too much about the deal, they were just doing it because the other owner was so adamant. this means they are not doing all they can to strike a deal that benefits both teams which does constitute a form of collusion. it may not be one team wanting to help the other as much as they really don't care so they just pull the deal. both are just as bad.

I didn't say anything about a veto; just giving my opinion on the trade looking like collusion.

Our FF league is based upon points awarded for stats accumulated by players. How does your league score? By height & weight of players?

If you aren't going to use stats to compare trades, what exactly are you going to use?

S Jackson - averaging 70 total ypg & has 2 TDs for the season

F Taylor - averaging 60 total ypg and has 1 TD for the season

A Toomer - averaging 44 total ypg and has 2 TDs for the season

How can anyone justify a veto of this trade other than by using Steven Jackson's name and pre-season ADP as a sole excuse? That being the case, any veto is strictly BS and managing of an owner's team by other owners.

The trade was the team in 10th place gave up Steven Jackson to their friend in 7th place who gave up Fred Taylor and Amani Toomer who they have only played each of them one week for the season. I am not claiming collusion but I just want some input on what others think about this?

team A

QB Joey Harrington

WR Dennis Northcutt

WR Bernard Berrian

WR Muhsin Muhammad

RB LaMont Jordan

RB Julius Jones

TE Greg Olsen

K Jason Hanson

DEF Washington

Team B:

QB Donovan McNabb

WR Derrick Mason

WR Torry Holt

WR Isaac Bruce

RB Maurice Jones-Drew

RB --empty--

TE Dallas Clark

K Mason Crosby

DEF Indianapolis

Keep In Mind the week before the same two traded for Bernard Barrian and Julius Jones for Torry Holt. Is this legit?

I think you need to let the trade go thru, depending on you league's veto policy. Steven Jackson could go down again if he's looked at wrong. He was a hot commodity pre-draft and that's it.

Completely agree with the above.

first, stop calling out collusion on trades so much - collusion is "hey, if I win the league, I'll give you $300 if you trade me this player for your crap" - that doesn't happen much, and yet gets bandied about like it's common.

2nd - it's week 11 - SJax may blow up at some point...or he may continue to be just avg. If you can get two avg players that play for you for one avg player, it's an ok trade. THis concept that "you can't make that trade - it's sjax" is the same stupidity that says an "always start your studs" applies to the same list of players week 14 as it does week 1 - guess what, the stud list does change based on performance