[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Collusion or Not

reddog13

The trade was vetoed.

Now the team in 10th has offered the team in 8th Fred Taylor and L. Coles for Stephen Jax. Do you think this is legit or now I really have a case for somehting fishy. It is the same teams involved in the trade.

Dude, seriously. Let's look at the facts:

* the tenth place team has Steven Jackson, who may or may not finally live up to his godlike preseason hype here in the stretch run

* the tenth place team is out of the playoffs already

* your league is a redraft league, so the tenth place team has ZERO share in whatever is going on from here on out

* the teams at the fringes of the playoffs are desperate for help

The tenth-place team owner is going to be bombarded with offers for SJAX until your trade deadline. Everyone is going to try to get SJAX while giving up as little as possible. This owner no longer has any reason to give a crap, so why should hold on to SJAX just to act as a spoiler? If you have evidence that there is money changing hands, it's collusion. If you just don't like the eighth-place team getting better, then YOU should have contacted this owner about SJAX and you can suck it up.

In a redraft league, where you're going to be jerks about trades, you need to have an earlier trade deadline.

Peace

policy

for me a lot still depends on these guys' patterns, you mentioned they were good friends. How close? Are they always in the same leagues together? I think it does speak volumes that one guy is out of contention and now he's trading his potentially best player when nothing matters to him anymore.....that's just not right. I wouldn't ever start trading off my good players cause I'm out of it in a redraft league....its just not right. I think you have every right to be questioning there intentions and not taking heat for it.

I see no problem with this trade. S. Jackson did nothing before he got healthy, and the Oline has been decimated. He might be good down the stretch, but he more likely will struggle. Getting WR2 that you can play and a RB2 that you can play depending on certain matchups is no proof of collusion.

The trade was vetoed.

Now the team in 10th has offered the team in 8th Fred Taylor and L. Coles for Stephen Jax. Do you think this is legit or now I really have a case for somehting fishy. It is the same teams involved in the trade.

yep sounds like TEAM TEN LIKES SJAX