[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did something happen to Westbrook?

Flip_Side

Just checked my leagues info at head2head.com and they had an update saying this:

11.15.07 - Westbrook, Brian Knee; Will play

Eagles running back Brian Westbrook injures knee; Will play

I know it says he will play, but did something happen to his knee at all or was this the already existing injury.

Edited by Flip_Side

nothing that hasn't happened every week of his entire professional life. He ends up on the injury report then puts up 2 TDs on Sunday.

No but this is the first week in awhile that this particular league had an injury report talking about his knee.

Per the Philly Inquirer today....nothing major, just wanted to give his knee a day off since they practiced on the hard Novacare turf:

Eagles Notes | Sore Westbrook expected to play

Eagles Notes

Running back Brian Westbrook did not practice yesterday because of a sore knee, but he is still expected to be ready for Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins. Westbrook, who routinely sat out of practices earlier this season because of a swollen knee and abdominal strain, had not missed a practice leading up to the last four games. Part of the reason the Eagles decided to rest him yesterday was that they practiced indoors on an artificial surface because of the bad weather.

It probably isn't a bad idea to give Westbrook an occasional day off from practice because of his increased workload. He is averaging a career-high 25 touches per game, second in the NFL only to Pittsburgh's Willie Parker.

How many owners would have thought that Westbrook would be 2nd in the league in average touches??

Just checked my leagues info at head2head.com and they had an update saying this:

I know it says he will play, but did something happen to his knee at all or was this the already existing injury.

He hurt his knee early in the season and sat at game.....no? As a Westbrook owner this is the first you've heard of this? seriously?

**edit** looks like he sat a game because of his abdomen, but he still hurt his knee early in the season.

Edited by Hat Trick

He hurt his knee early in the season and sat at game.....no? As a Westbrook owner this is the first you've heard of this? seriously?

**edit** looks like he sat a game because of his abdomen, but he still hurt his knee early in the season.

Hey smartass, if you read the above posted information by swammi you would see that his knee hadn't been on the injury report in 4 weeks and all of a sudden it is, that makes me wonder. Now get outta here..shoo

Hey smartass, if you read the above posted information by swammi you would see that his knee hadn't been on the injury report in 4 weeks and all of a sudden it is, that makes me wonder. Now get outta here..shoo

Hey dipschitt, you're the one coming in asking about a guy who has had knee soreness or problems galore. He's had knee issues for about his entire career.......you freak out on a Friday morning cause of an update you saw. Ya might might want to change your sigline there dumba$$ :D

Missed Friday practice too, from KFFL...

Eagles | Westbrook questionable Week 11

Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:12:33 -0800

The Associated Press reports Philadelphia Eagles RB Brian Westbrook (knee) did not practice Friday, Nov. 16, and is listed as questionable for Week 11. Head coach Andy Reid said he thought Westbrook would be available to play.

Also, after quickly looking back through the KFFL news archives... the last time Westbrook missed a Friday practice was week 4 when he also missed the Giants game but that was for his rib/abdomen injury, IIRC.

Edited by kingfish247

Per Rotowire:

Westbrook missed practice for the second straight day with a knee injury and is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Dolphins, the Associated Press reports. "I think he'll be ready to go," coach Andy Reid said Friday. "It's not bad. There's a little swelling."

Per Rotowire:

Westbrook missed practice for the second straight day with a knee injury and is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Dolphins, the Associated Press reports. "I think he'll be ready to go," coach Andy Reid said Friday. "It's not bad. There's a little swelling."

That's a far cry from "just resting him because they practiced indoors"

They are playing the Dolphins this week....and Reid certianly is one to lean on the passing game. It wouldnt' surprise me one bit for the Eagles to revert to a more passing-oreiented attack this weekend, and limit Westbrook's reps.

And, though they are in no position to take an opponent for granted, if there was ever a game on the schedule that said "rest Westbrook", this would be it. Keep a close eye on the Sunday AM inactives.

I'd look for him to dress and play, but don't be surprised if he doesn't reach his 25-touch-per-game average....which is shame for Westbrook owners, as I am sure many were licking their chops at this match-up.

Hey dipschitt, you're the one coming in asking about a guy who has had knee soreness or problems galore. He's had knee issues for about his entire career.......you freak out on a Friday morning cause of an update you saw. Ya might might want to change your sigline there dumba$$ :D

And yet another report comes out on his knee thats even worse....shutup your making urself look really dumb.

And yet another report comes out on his knee thats even worse....shutup your making urself look really dumb.

:D yeah.....see I'm the dumb one cause I can go out and find the info that you can't :D

Dolphins in 07-08 :wacko:

Edited by Hat Trick

:D yeah.....see I'm the dumb one cause I can go out and find the info that you can't :D

Dolphins in 07-08 :wacko:

I posted the info in the first place that you obviously know nothing about. You realized you were wrong so you wanted to be the FIRST to post the updated status just so you didn't look half as dumb. And with that Dolphins 07-08 taunting, I don't care lol....I'm a fan through WINNING and LOSING seasons, even if there haven't been too many of the winning lately.

Edited by Flip_Side

I posted the info in the first place that you obviously know nothing about. You realized you were wrong so you wanted to be the FIRST to post the updated status just so you didn't look half as dumb. And with that Dolphins 07-08 taunting, I don't care lol....I'm a fan through WINNING and LOSING seasons, even if there haven't been too many of the winning lately.

Keep on editing that original post till it fits :D

(Rotoworld) Brian Westbrook (knee) missed his second consecutive practice Friday and is listed as questionable for Week 11 against the Dolphins.

Impact: However, Westbrook may have been given Thursday and Friday off partly because the Eagles practiced on artificial turf. Coach Andy Reid revealed that Westbrook is dealing with "swelling and soreness" in his knee, but says he should be ready to go in Sunday's matchup against the Zach Thomas-less 'Fins. Westbrook owners would be smart to grab Correll Buckhalter, but can pencil in their every-week starter for now. The signs do point to him playing.

Info is really easy to find if you assk everyone else to do the work for you. Anyone know if Adrian Peterson will play this week? :D Maybe I should go look first or wait for more info to come out before I go and Shiatt myself :D

(Rotoworld) Brian Westbrook (knee) missed his second consecutive practice Friday and is listed as questionable for Week 11 against the Dolphins.

Impact: However, Westbrook may have been given Thursday and Friday off partly because the Eagles practiced on artificial turf. Coach Andy Reid revealed that Westbrook is dealing with "swelling and soreness" in his knee, but says he should be ready to go in Sunday's matchup against the Zach Thomas-less 'Fins. Westbrook owners would be smart to grab Correll Buckhalter, but can pencil in their every-week starter for now. The signs do point to him playing.

Info is really easy to find if you assk everyone else to do the work for you. Anyone know if Adrian Peterson will play this week? :D Maybe I should go look first or wait for more info to come out before I go and Shiatt myself :D

Just asking here as Buckhalter hasn't been great at staying healthy himself, wasn't he held out last week and Tony Hunt named the #2 behind Westy? How is Bucky doing this week as if he's out, you might want to grab Hunt versus Bucky?

Adrian Peterson will definitely play this weekend and as a matter of fact the Bears are thinking of giving him more time since Benson's been such a bust. :wacko:

Just asking here as Buckhalter hasn't been great at staying healthy himself, wasn't he held out last week and Tony Hunt named the #2 behind Westy? How is Bucky doing this week as if he's out, you might want to grab Hunt versus Bucky?

Buckhalter was a late scratch due to flu-like symptoms making Hunt the #2 RB last week. Pretty sure Buckhalter is fine now.

Buckhalter was a late scratch due to flu-like symptoms making Hunt the #2 RB last week. Pretty sure Buckhalter is fine now.

Good info here...it indeed was the flu last week.

Solid info guys. I appreciate it as I actually dropped Buckhalter this week to add Hackett. I have Witten at TE, so I'm thinking of dropping Vernon Davis to add Bucky back just to be safe.

I wasn't asking whether he would play or not I simply asked if something new happened to his knee considering it hadn't been on the injury report in awhile. A question as simple as that draws a poor reaction from you and it doesn't deserve it. Get off my dick and find something else to do.

Anyone got anything new (like, someone in the locker room - is he getting taped?....)

i hate this feeling (and the guy I'm playing just started C-Buck - now, he may have anyone cause he's awful (starting two TE - one in the flex spot) along with C-Buck, so you know he's struggling this year) but to have to wait till the inactive report to find out if (a) I get to play my best player and (:D the backup who will probably have a good game against me is the man....