[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favorite NFL quotes

Randall

When asked why he ran up the score against Cleveland after beating them 61-7, Sam Wyche replied...

"When I get a big lead if the other team will promise to not try and come back then I will promise to stop trying to score."

AMEN!!

:D This should be tattoo'd on the head of every doofus who complains about the Patriots hurting people's feelings this year. :D

Full text of my favorite Jim Mora quotes.

"We couldn't do diddly-poo offensively. We couldn't get a first down. We couldn't run the ball. We didn't try to run the ball. We couldn't complete a pass. We sucked. It was a horses**t performance in the second half. Horses**t. I'm totally embarrassed, and I'm totally ashamed. We got our ass kicked in the second half. It sucked. It stunk. 'Cause they just blocked better, were more tougher, more physical, coached better, did everything better. We sucked."

"Let me start out saying this: Do NOT blame that game on the defense, OK? I don't care who you play, whether it's a high school team, a junior college team, a college team, much less an NFL team, when you turn the ball over five times ... you ain't gonna beat anybody. That was a disgraceful performance ... We gave it away. We gave them the frigging game. In my opinion, that sucked. "You can't turn it over five times. Holy crap. I don't know who the hell we think we are when we do something like that ... We've thrown (five) interceptions returned for touchdowns. That might be a league record. And we've still got six games left, so there's no telling how many we'll have. "I mean, it's absolutely pitiful to play like that. ... Horrible. Just horrible. Horrible." He added, to the press: "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs?" he said. "I just hope we can win a game, another game."

"It might have been the hardest hit I took all day."

-- Charger QB Drew Brees after a Raider fan hit him with a water bottle

RB George Rogers, about the upcoming season:

" I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first."

Jim Finks, when asked after a loss what he thought of the refs:

" I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating."

Doug Plank:

"Most football players are temperamental. That's ninety percent temper and ten percent mental."

Bo Jackson:

"If my mother put on a helmet and shoulder pads and a uniform that wasn't the same as the one I was wearing, I'd run over her if she was in my way. And I love my mother."

Joe Theismann:

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."