[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson, did he sit long enough?

Qball86

Been waiting all season for Johnson, as all his owners have, and thank god it starts this weekend. I want/need him to be back "up to speed" for the playoffs.

Its just too common for a player who has had such a long layoff to need a few weeks before they feel comfortable on the field again. Do you think he sat long enough where his reps won't be limited because of any uncertainty about the knee? IMO thats about the only thing that would limit his reps, his physical endurance and mental sharpness won't he should just play through that stuff.

I'm just not sure I want to start him this week yet or not. Anyone second guessing him or just me?

Well, when Dre (as his friends like to call him) and I were at dinner last night he told me that he is feeling great. He said I am good to go for all my fantasy owners who want to start me and to start me with confidence. He also said that although he is not 100% he doesn't feel that he is coming back too soon.

Well, when Dre (as his friends like to call him) and I were at dinner last night he told me that he is feeling great. He said I am good to go for all my fantasy owners who want to start me and to start me with confidence. He also said that although he is not 100% he doesn't feel that he is coming back too soon.

How long have you been dating Johnson?

No way you bench Andre. You've been waiting two freakin' months for him to return. So he is finally playing (against the Saints no less), and you're thinking of leaving him on the bench?

Let me put it this way: What's easier to live with - playing Andre and he scores squat or benching Andre and he goes off?

No way you bench Andre. You've been waiting two freakin' months for him to return. So he is finally playing (against the Saints no less), and you're thinking of leaving him on the bench?

Let me put it this way: What's easier to live with - playing Andre and he scores squat or benching Andre and he goes off?

it's not like he's been playing...

it really depends who you have at WR....

in most cases, I'd start him....

it's not like he's been playing...

it really depends who you have at WR....

in most cases, I'd start him....

Agreed, but you'd need to have some pretty outstanding options at WR to bench Andre, and most people who've been waiting on him probably don't have those options.

I'm starting him with confidence. He wanted to play two weeks ago and they told him no. I'm starting him over S. Holmes and K Curtis. My A. Johnson and C. Johnson combo is back. Now....if I could get them to both produce like they were back in week 1 and 2...........CHAMPIONSHIP!

Schaub and AJ had all of pre-season to develop timing and rapport...that's supposed to immediately return after an 8-week haitus??

If I had Santonio Holmes going against the Jets, or Kevin Cutis against the Dolphins (knowing the Eagles may be passing a ton if a gimpy Westbrook is limited), I'd have a tough time sitting them down for a potentially rusty AJ, trying to work his way back.

I know many AJ owners are psyched he's back, but do't let that entusiasm affect sound decision making.

JMHO.

Schaub and AJ had all of pre-season to develop timing and rapport...that's supposed to immediately return after an 8-week haitus??

If I had Santonio Holmes going against the Jets, or Kevin Cutis against the Dolphins (knowing the Eagles may be passing a ton if a gimpy Westbrook is limited), I'd have a tough time sitting them down for a potentially rusty AJ, trying to work his way back.

I know many AJ owners are psyched he's back, but do't let that entusiasm affect sound decision making.

JMHO.

finally....thank you...

:D

I mean, AJ could go off for 100 and 2 TD....but he could also have his timing all out of sorts...

it's not like Schaub isn't all banged up either...

I'm starting him with confidence. He wanted to play two weeks ago and they told him no. I'm starting him over S. Holmes and K Curtis. My A. Johnson and C. Johnson combo is back. Now....if I could get them to both produce like they were back in week 1 and 2...........CHAMPIONSHIP!

I have the same combo and I finally get to start it again :D

JMHO.

I hear ya, I thought about all that but I think that the reward outweighs the risk in my case with my other matchups. I may reconsider, we'll see.

FWIW.....the huddle has Schaub rated as the #2 QB this week and AJ rated higher than my other choices, I don't ever really read them other than to look at all the matchups for the MVP challenge, but I just looked for the outside opinion to see what they thought and found it interesting.

Edited by Hat Trick

I hear ya, I thought about all that but I think that the reward outweighs the risk in my case with my other matchups. I may reconsider, we'll see.

FWIW.....the huddle has Schaub rated as the #2 QB this week and AJ rated higher than my other choices, I don't ever really read them other than to look at all the matchups for the MVP challenge, but I just looked for the outside opinion to see what they thought and found it interesting.

Exactly. The reward outweighs the risk. We've waited two long months for this, and we're willing to risk putting his potential production on our bench?

Maybe it's just me, but owning Andre Johnson, seeing what he did the first two weeks, hearing how stoked he and Schaub are to be back, and knowing they're playing a terrible Saints defense, wouldn't it just make you sick to bench Andre and see him go off?

It's a lot easier to bench a guy like Kevin Curtis in favor of Andre, then shrug if Curtis outperforms Andre. But I kick myself endlessly if I play the "he might be rusty and Kevin Curtis could get a lot of looks if Westbrook is gimpy" card and Andre outperforms Curtis.

I'm not dismissing the risk at all - he very well may be rusty, and he and Schaub may not have their timing down like they did the first two weeks. If Houston had a road game in a place like Pittsburgh, I could potentially justify benching Andre this week if I had reasonable options with better matchups and upside. Being that it's a home game against New Orleans, the potential reward becomes greater.

Exactly. The reward outweighs the risk. We've waited two long months for this, and we're willing to risk putting his potential production on our bench?

Maybe it's just me, but owning Andre Johnson, seeing what he did the first two weeks, hearing how stoked he and Schaub are to be back, and knowing they're playing a terrible Saints defense, wouldn't it just make you sick to bench Andre and see him go off?

It's a lot easier to bench a guy like Kevin Curtis in favor of Andre, then shrug if Curtis outperforms Andre. But I kick myself endlessly if I play the "he might be rusty and Kevin Curtis could get a lot of looks if Westbrook is gimpy" card and Andre outperforms Curtis.

I'm not dismissing the risk at all - he very well may be rusty, and he and Schaub may not have their timing down like they did the first two weeks. If Houston had a road game in a place like Pittsburgh, I could potentially justify benching Andre this week if I had reasonable options with better matchups and upside. Being that it's a home game against New Orleans, the potential reward becomes greater.

How long you've waited is ireelevant...whether its one week, ten weeks, or two years...your focus should be on the situation for this coming Sunday, not how long you have been waiting to use him. Your arguments for using him later in your post are much more lucid.

But as I said earlier, buyer beware...he may offer great rewards, but also know that he may re-aggravate the injury going full-speed, he may not get the full workload of plays his first game back, and the coaching staff also now knows they have two very capable WRs in Jones and Walters.

He very well could post 100 yards and a TD or 2....or he could net you 4/50 yards. Neither scenario would surprise me. But if I had other options which were less risky, I'd certainly have to consider them, and if my playoff hopes depended on this decision, I could definitely live with my decision to start players not returning from an 8-week injury.

How long you've waited is ireelevant...whether its one week, ten weeks, or two years...your focus should be on the situation for this coming Sunday, not how long you have been waiting to use him. Your arguments for using him later in your post are much more lucid.

But as I said earlier, buyer beware...he may offer great rewards, but also know that he may re-aggravate the injury going full-speed, he may not get the full workload of plays his first game back, and the coaching staff also now knows they have two very capable WRs in Jones and Walters.

He very well could post 100 yards and a TD or 2....or he could net you 4/50 yards. Neither scenario would surprise me. But if I had other options which were less risky, I'd certainly have to consider them, and if my playoff hopes depended on this decision, I could definitely live with my decision to start players not returning from an 8-week injury.

Why doesn't it matter at the top of your post, its a criteria for not starting someone at the bottom of your post? I think the amount of time off makes a huge difference. If its a one week thing the injury couldn't have been all that bad ie no testing period needed to see if it gets re-aggrevated on the 3rd play of the game. Wouldn't the lengthier time off affect his route running, timing, hand eye coordination...?

Not attacking just asking.

And before everyone piles on, I do not generally use hand-eye tests et al to determine my line-up I'm just thinkinng of why he might be more of a 4/50 guy the first week rather than a 8/140/2 guy.

He needs to sit one more week. :D

:D It could turn out well Randall as AJ may flop in his first week back. And any way as you stated, as big as our game is this week, in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter too much as all that matters is what happens in the Playoffs.

Why doesn't it matter at the top of your post, its a criteria for not starting someone at the bottom of your post? I think the amount of time off makes a huge difference. If its a one week thing the injury couldn't have been all that bad ie no testing period needed to see if it gets re-aggrevated on the 3rd play of the game. Wouldn't the lengthier time off affect his route running, timing, hand eye coordination...?

Not attacking just asking.

And before everyone piles on, I do not generally use hand-eye tests et al to determine my line-up I'm just thinkinng of why he might be more of a 4/50 guy the first week rather than a 8/140/2 guy.

I think you and I are arguing the same point...

My first comment was to warn owners not to let their enthusiams get the best of them, just because they have waited 8 weeks to get him back, and the day is finally here. They need to look at this Sunday like any other....is AJ, coming off an 8-week injury, a better option than my other WRs, who don't have injury issues? Don't let the jubilation of your "stud" WR being back affect your decision making.

The comment at the bottom of my post is more related to the injury iteself...he has been out 8 weeks....unless he is super-human (which he may be), I doubt he comes back 100%, as if the injury never happened. Its gonna take some time for him, and the coaching staff, to feel 100% comfortable.

Listen, he may be better than 80% of the WRs out there when rusty. But if you are lucky enough to have two options in the top 20%, you gotta give them consideration...like I said, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he turned in a 4/40 type day....but it would shock me if Holmes or Curtis did, given their match-ups.

But I'd wager this...AJ may outperform one of them this weekend, but I don't believe he outperforms them both.