[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson, did he sit long enough?

Qball86

:D It could turn out well Randall as AJ may flop in his first week back. And any way as you stated, as big as our game is this week, in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter too much as all that matters is what happens in the Playoffs.

First I win by 2/10 of a point, then you win by 1/10 of a point. What's next a tie?

First I win by 2/10 of a point, then you win by 1/10 of a point. What's next a tie?

With the way things are going that would actually be the most appropriate ending. I can't believe in a decimal scoring system all the incredibly close games that played out so far. It's been another great season!!

By the way good luck this weekend. :D

ETA: By the way Randall, has there been an ignore list update? :D Otherwise why am I not able to send you a PM?

Edited by irish

I think you and I are arguing the same point...

The comment at the bottom of my post is more related to the injury iteself...he has been out 8 weeks....unless he is super-human (which he may be), I doubt he comes back 100%, as if the injury never happened. Its gonna take some time for him, and the coaching staff, to feel 100% comfortable.

To the first, I think so also...

As to the 100%, do you only consider the physical or a combination of being both physically and mentally sound 100%? The reason I ask is, didn't Kubiak sit Johnson longer than necessary to gain the bye week and know that AJs knee was physically 100%? Seems he could have come back and had light reps maybe 2 weeks prior to the bye. Why rush it though, Schaub was banged up as were the RBs.

If he's 100% physically, could his performance lack slightly due to not running plays at game speed for over 2 months?

Edited by Qball86

With the way things are going that would actually be the most appropriate ending. I can't believe in a decimal scoring system all the incredibly close games that played out so far. It's been another great season!!

By the way good luck this weekend. :D

ETA: By the way Randall, has there been an ignore list update? :D Otherwise why am I not able to send you a PM?

I have messenger turned off. It stalls sometimes. You can send an email.

I have messenger turned off. It stalls sometimes. You can send an email.

Done.

I think you and I are arguing the same point...

My first comment was to warn owners not to let their enthusiams get the best of them, just because they have waited 8 weeks to get him back, and the day is finally here. They need to look at this Sunday like any other....is AJ, coming off an 8-week injury, a better option than my other WRs, who don't have injury issues? Don't let the jubilation of your "stud" WR being back affect your decision making.

The comment at the bottom of my post is more related to the injury iteself...he has been out 8 weeks....unless he is super-human (which he may be), I doubt he comes back 100%, as if the injury never happened. Its gonna take some time for him, and the coaching staff, to feel 100% comfortable.

Listen, he may be better than 80% of the WRs out there when rusty. But if you are lucky enough to have two options in the top 20%, you gotta give them consideration...like I said, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he turned in a 4/40 type day....but it would shock me if Holmes or Curtis did, given their match-ups.

But I'd wager this...AJ may outperform one of them this weekend, but I don't believe he outperforms them both.

But the other thing to consider is hes coming back against a good defense to throw on.They said he could have played before the bye if I remember correct,instead he got 2 more weeks of healing and practice in

.They did take the safe route with him from the sounds of it,Im more worried about his cutting and ability to get open then the timing.

Health might be a bit of a concern, but certainly not rust. Neither Johnson or Schaub played much in the preseason but that didn't affect them much in week 1 or 2.

If they are practicing together, they should be good to go - and against the Saints defense?? Must starts, IMO.

After starting the season with a 5 game winning streak, then losing my next 5, I have to start Johnson over one of Evans, Colston and Holmes, which is a decent trio. I'm sitting Evans against Pats. IMO, Johnson is a no-brainer start.

Tough call to sit Evans in a game where Losman may have to throw the ball 45-50 times, especially in the absence of Lynch. Adam Schein has Evans as one of his WR starts of the week.

Tough call to sit Evans in a game where Losman may have to throw the ball 45-50 times, especially in the absence of Lynch. Adam Schein has Evans as one of his WR starts of the week.

The absence of Lynch means the Pats will put most of the emphasis on pass defense, IMO. I think Colston and Holmes are better starts than Evans, given that Johnson is a must start (again, IMO).

Bump to see if anyone out there did start Kevin Curtis instead? I think we can safely say there is no rust with Andre and Schaub. 73 yard TD in the first three minutes!!!

:D I really hope everyone cashed in on him today I mean how can U wait 8 weeks then not feel like a kid in the candy store the minute he's available I loved every single minute of it today thank you FF god for giving me my big dawg back :D