[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What the?

fitzkek

Ok. Apparently a trade just went down in my league. It is being kept a secret by both owners and will be announced on Sunday. One team is in first while the other is in tenth. Trade deadline is 12:59 p.m. sunday. I think it's a bit ridiculous, because I always thought league trades were everyone's business. I could be wrong on this though. I guess the last place team doesn't want other teams to use the information when dealing w/him in regards to other offers he may receive. Just wanted some of your opinions on this. Or if this has ever happened in anyone else's league?

Well, the guy in first is my brother and the commissioner.

when you say it will be "announced" on Sunday, does that mean the trade is official and is set? Obviously all trades should be viewed by the whole league before being passed, especially this late in the season(and between the 1st and 10th place teams). Sometimes people don't realize they are cheating until you point it out.

So it sounds like they have negotiated the trade but haven't executed it yet. Is that correct?

There is no need to announce negotiations of a trade, just the trade itself. However if they want to wait to pull the trigger until the last minute before the trade deadline, and right before starting lineups are submitted, then I can see how you might suspect that the trade is going to look lopsided and that they want to ram it through before anyone can question it.

But if what you say is true, that one owner simply wants to see if he gets a better offer before making this particular trade, well then there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's probably just a smart owner making sure that he's geting the best of all possible offers.

nothing wrong with not wanting to announce a deal because you feel it will hurt negotiations on another deal....if the other owner says he will wait then so be it.

also fwiw we have a weekly deadline for a deal to be announced where those players can be used in that weeks lineups(some leagues 1pm Fridays, others 6pm Fridays)....now if you did a deal on Sunday it wouldnt go thru til the following week

Edited by keggerz

Ok. Apparently a trade just went down in my league. It is being kept a secret by both owners and will be announced on Sunday. One team is in first while the other is in tenth. Trade deadline is 12:59 p.m. sunday. I think it's a bit ridiculous, because I always thought league trades were everyone's business. I could be wrong on this though. I guess the last place team doesn't want other teams to use the information when dealing w/him in regards to other offers he may receive. Just wanted some of your opinions on this. Or if this has ever happened in anyone else's league?

Not much of a secret it seems.