[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Kenny Watson doesn"t remain the starter for the remainder of the season.....

JaysGoingDown

There's no doubt that I agree with you guys that Watson has been more effective in this offense and fits better with what they've been doing. Rudi has been ineffective, however, he's back, being paid starter money and got the bulk of the work last week looking horrible doing so. Rudi should not be the starter, however it looks as though the Bengals are going to give him the rock 20+ times a game for 50 yards and Watson will have to outperform Rudi with his 10-12 touches. What a shame as Watson could really put up some solid numbers if he were given the opportunity. :D

Edited by irish

I was crucified on the message boards for making the statement about Rudi during the pre-season.

I was never high on Rudi to begin with....

I have never owned him on a fantasy team and I often wondered how he stayed so healthy during the past few seasons with his bruising style and the teams he plays against....

he plays some physical defenses....and shoulders almost the entire load...

How many wins do the Bengals have without Rudi?

Folks involved in fantasy football don't care about real wins for real NFL franchises. And honestly probably more wins have come from Palmer, CJ, and Housh's great play then from Rudis. Hell, even Graham won the game for them last week. You have to admit MV, Rudi has not looked good and Watson has seriously outplayed him.

Folks involved in fantasy football don't care about real wins for real NFL franchises.

Jays said that the coach should be fired on the spot if Rudi is the starter. I don't think the coach cares about fantasy football as much as he does wins and losses. I also checked the teams wins and they did beat the Jets while Rudi wasn't playing. That's one win without him and two with him.

I'm not sure if that's enough info to get the coach fired for playing Rudi.

Rudi isn't doing it right now, but he has a history of putting up 1300 yard seasons. He's a strong, physical runner and the team loses that when he's not in there. Even if he doesn't get 100 yards, the opposing team feels the pressure from Rudi most of the day.

As for me and my FF teams, I did draft Rudi in one league but I also have Watson on that same team as well. So my posting is not related to any FF implications that I may have.

Edited by MikesVikes

Jays said that the coach should be fired on the spot if Rudi is the starter. I don't think the coach cares about fantasy football as much as he does wins and losses. I also checked the teams wins and they did beat the Jets while Rudi wasn't playing. That's one win without him and two with him.

Rudi isn't doing it right now, but he has a history of putting up 1300 yard seasons. He's a strong, physical runner and the team loses that when he's not in there. Even if he doesn't get 100 yards, the opposing team feels the pressure from Rudi most of the day.

As for me and my FF teams, I did draft Rudi in one league but I also have Watson on that same team as well. So my posting is not related to any FF implications that I may have.

He's been a great and punishing player, but I think the punishment that he's been handing out has finally caught up to him... This is the same mindset that kept Eddie George in lineups for a few years over what he should have.

I agree with you that the coach shhouldn't be fired over this decision. But the highlighted line above did make me chuckle a bit. That's certainly not a ringing endorsement to keep starting players just cause they had success againt the Jets. :D I certainly don't think Watson has a great amount of work history as a starting RB to overtake Rudi but I'm just saying that I'd love to see him get a shot as he was having success and even against some stout defenses.

they don't?

You know what I mean. Stop looking to start something. Of course as a Cowboy fan I hope my team wins, however, when it comes to FF which is what's being discussed here, if a player scores a ton and wins a fantasy game for me but his team loses...I don't care unless it's the Cowboys.

Perhaps I was overreacting by saying he should be fired on the spot, but come on, you have to admit, Kenny Watson has looked real good as a backup, and has got younger legs than Rudi.

Perhaps I was overreacting by saying he should be fired on the spot, but come on, you have to admit, Kenny Watson has looked real good as a backup, and has got younger legs than Rudi.

his legs are younger because they arent as good...Michael Turner should be starting in SD too because he has younger legs :D

This is funny cause I'm sure this same argument happened when Dillon went down, and Rudi came in. Kenny has looked better, he has better hands out of the backfield, not as punishing but hits the hole harder. I don't think the two wins over the Ravens are good reason to keep Rudi in. I think he had 18 for 50 in the first game and what 22 for 46 the second time around. Just my take.

Performance? Watson has a 4.4 yds per carry average this season and Rudi a 2.6 - a noticeable edge and likely the reason behind the call for the coach to be fired for playing Rudi ... Granted, Tab Perry has a 9.0 yards per carry this season for the Bengals and Chad Johnson has managed a 6.0 yards per carry so far -- and folks would be quick to dismiss those as unsustainable if they shifted to RB, but is Watson's sustainable vs strong defenses and will Rudi's turn around as his health fully returns and he gets the benefit of running against the junior high defenses? Hmmm. Coaching is hard!!

Younger legs?. Man, you've never met Tina Turner or Jamie Lee Curtis if you're going to start relying on the "younger legs" arguement. :D Ummm, plus, a check of the Bengals roster shows that Watson was born 3/13/78 and Rudi born 10/1/79 ... so Watson's legs are older ... But he may indeed be fresher (which is also important when judging celebrity legs, mind you), as Rudi has been a proven workhorse for four of his six seasons coming into this and Watson has only earned 167 carries in his first six years in the NFL ... Watson's career YPCarry is better on those limited carries -- but again, how much of that was in crunch time and how much in mop up duty?

Hmmmm ... for the good of the Bengals in the real world, not in fantasy land, I think they split duty the rest of the year and then there is an open competition in camp next year for the starting job -- and if it looks like DeDe can step up, they deal one of them to a team desperate for a RB for whatever draft pick they can get.

But then again, I'm a Steeeelers fan, so who knows if my interests are unbiased ... :D