[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tom Brady and Randy Moss

Arianimal

"Is Moss really better than TO. Seriously. Im not a huge To fan by any means, but TO has put up numbers everywhere he has been. Moss did nothing in Oakland, and nothing really in about 5 years before this yr. "

Is that a joke?

I'll ignore the "5 year" comment (espn.com has Moss' statistics, no need for me to post all of them, but in his last 3 years in Minny had 37 TDs and arguably his best year ever in '03 which is within the last 5 years for our math-challenged friends), instead of focusing about everywhere each of them has been how about discussing who they've played with.

Moss turned Randall Cunningham into an MVP-caliber player, made Jeff George (JEFF GEORGE) looked good, and turned Culpepper into a Madden cover QB (we've seen how well he's done without Moss).

T.O. trashed Garcia (and made strange comments about his sexual orientation), trashed McNabb and is finally on his best behavior with Romo. We'll see how long it lasts.

Best part about these threads, there is actually a negative correlation with the number of posts and football acumen presented.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Moss really better than TO. Seriously. Im not a huge To fan by any means, but TO has put up numbers everywhere he has been. Moss did nothing in Oakland, and nothing really in about 5 years before this yr.

TO had Young-Garcia-McNabb and Romo

Moss had C-Pep for 2 seasons, then nothing sense until this season, had Moss had the same level of QB's throwing to him as TO, there is no question Moss would be the hands down best WR in the last 6 years.

Is Moss really better than TO. Seriously. Im not a huge To fan by any means, but TO has put up numbers everywhere he has been. Moss did nothing in Oakland, and nothing really in about 5 years before this yr.

Interesting debate. I think Moss is probably more talented, but it speaks volumes that he is having a career revival now that he is in great system. Trade him to the Dolphins and I bet you'd have the Moss of the Raider years again. I think TO is a much more determined player with a good work ethic. I know he melted down his 2nd year with the Eagles but as for on field play, I don't remember TO taking plays off or dogging it. I can't see Moss coming back from a broken ankle in 4 weeks, even if it was a SB game. Just my opinion.

...and this is coming from a Pats fan.

Yep, he's intelligent all right:

In 1997, Randy Moss was quoted, in a Sports Illustrated article as saying the 1970 Marshall plane crash "was a tragedy, but it really wasn't nothing big."

On November 14, 2006, Moss was honored for his success in college as a kick returner by having an award named after him, becoming only one of two black athletes (along with John Mackey) so honored. During the press conference, Moss responded to questions about his dropped passes and lackluster effort in several games, saying "Maybe because I'm unhappy and I'm not too much excited about what's going on, so, my concentration and focus level tend to go down sometimes when I'm in a bad mood." Moss made similar comments during his tenure with the Vikings, when he infamously proclaimed, "I play when I want to play."

On September 24, 2002 in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, Moss was driving and was preparing to make an illegal turn. A traffic control officer, noticing what he was about to do, stood in front of his car, ordering him to stop. Eyewitness accounts of the event differ at this point, but Moss didn't comply with the officer's order, and she was bumped by his vehicle and fell to the ground. Moss was arrested, and a search of his vehicle revealed a small amount of Josh Gordon. Initially charged with Suspicion of Assault with a Deadly Weapon which is a felony and a misdemeanor Josh Gordon possession, Moss pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor traffic violation, and was ordered to pay a $1,200 fine and perform 40 hours of community service.

Sounds like the most intelligent WR ever to play the game to me. Guess Belichick must have coached some real dumbasses. :wacko::D

And like I mentioned in my first post, I'm not taking anything away from his ability, he's the best WR in the game. But referring to him having impeccable smart just colors you as a blind homer. But I don't expect you to understand, it's all good. :D

amazing...that a guy such as yourself..that holds himself in such high regard..cant tell the difference between intelligence and the ability to articulate

i mean seriously...lol..look at you...why dont post an essay from one of his high school final exams? or maybe you can post the newspaper article from his high school arrest too?

the guy is from rural west virginia...he isnt very articulate...thats just life...his buddy jason williams isnt very articulate either

randy moss can read coverages from the wr position like a qb

ill stress this again...i can take the word of s guy hugh one from the huddle message board...or the word of bill belichick, maybe the best coach in football...its a toss up really...lemme flip a coin

amazing...that a guy such as yourself..that holds himself in such high regard..cant tell the difference between intelligence and the ability to articulate

Oh, so he can't articulate, that's why he's conducted himself as he has, gotcha. :D

i mean seriously...lol..look at you...

Uh, OK. Look at me. If that's meant as an insult, I don't get it. Maybe I'm intelligent enough to understand your point, but I can't articulate. That must be it. :wacko:

randy moss can read coverages from the wr position like a qb

If you equate that with intelligence, your standards for intelligence must be pretty low. :D

ill stress this again...i can take the word of s guy hugh one from the huddle message board...or the word of bill belichick, maybe the best coach in football...its a toss up really...lemme flip a coin

Wow. What a prophetic statement. You sure can articulate. :D

blah blah blah blah

That pretty much sums it up. ;) And yes, I'm laughing at you, not with you. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Oh, so he can't articulate, that's why he's conducted himself as he has, gotcha. :D

Uh, OK. Look at me. If that's meant as an insult, I don't get it. Maybe I'm intelligent enough to understand your point, but I can't articulate. That must be it. :wacko:

If you equate that with intelligence, your standards for intelligence must be pretty low. :D

Wow. What a prophetic statement. You sure can articulate. :D

That pretty much sums it up. ;) And yes, I'm laughing at you, not with you. :D

please post your credentials...then ill post bill belichicks credentials...then we shall compare

please post your credentials...then ill post bill belichicks credentials...then we shall compare

Do you even understand what I'm arguing? I posted that Moss is the best WR in the game. I posted that Moss is a phenomenal athlete and talent. But to call him intelligent is ludicrous, and I posted examples that led me to my opinion. I never offered my superioirity to Belichick in any way, shape or form. If you don't understand that, there's nothing more that I can add. :D

Do you even understand what I'm arguing? I posted that Moss is the best WR in the game. I posted that Moss is a phenomenal athlete and talent. But to call him intelligent is ludicrous, and I posted examples that led me to my opinion. I never offered my superioirity to Belichick in any way, shape or form. If you don't understand that, there's nothing more that I can add. :D

but your examples you posted are ridiculous

so randy said he wasnt trying hard when asked why he was dropping passes? did he bash his qb...his pathetic coach art shell? his outdated offensive coordinator tom walsh?

yeah he was arrested...is everyone who ever used Josh Gordon unintelligent?

belichick said it...yet you deny that its possible for randy to be labeled intelligent...do you understand thats what you are saying?

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

but your examples you posted are ridiculous

Why, because they make him look like a moran?

so randy said he wasnt trying hard when asked when he was dropping passes? did he bash his qb...his pathetic coach art shell? his outdated offensive coordinator tom walsh?

When you are a paid athlete, and say "I play when I want to play", you are a moran. JSMHO.

Well, that topic would require a lot more time and effort, but he was also arrested when a police officer asked him to stop the vehicle, and he ran her down. Does that sound like the actions of an intelligent individual. He happened to run her down when he had Josh Gordon in his car. Pretty smart, eh?

belichick said it...yet you deny that its possible for randy to be labeled intelligent...do you understand thats what you are saying?

Yes, I understand 100%. Step out from behind Belichick's shadow and try to look at this as an unbiased individual.

well i wont dog on all pot heads but i will say that its not very intelligent to admit you use an illegal drug when the place you

work for has a Drug and Substance Abuse Policy that will get your ass suspended.

when you do that stupid people look at you and say "thats one stupid mother F0cker"

by the way "forever in debt to huey lewis" how would you feel if another teams LB ends God Bradys season

and a fan of that team shows up with a user name like yours....just checking is all

Edited by keggerz

Why, because they make him look like a moran?

When you are a paid athlete, and say "I play when I want to play", you are a moran. JSMHO.

Well, that topic would require a lot more time and effort, but he was also arrested when a police officer asked him to stop the vehicle, and he ran her down. Does that sound like the actions of an intelligent individual. He happened to run her down when he had Josh Gordon in his car. Pretty smart, eh?

Yes, I understand 100%. Step out from behind Belichick's shadow and try to look at this as an unbiased individual.

well the thing is...id like to look at this as an unbiased individual...but i dont know randy moss personally...i dunno..you might...i dont....so all i ive have to go on really is the word of the guy who coaches my favorite football team...he says hes the most intelligent and best wr hes ever coached...so im going to have to take his word for it...you, however, seem to know much more than he does...i dunno

i just think its funny that because some dirt poor guys get paid millions of dollars to play a game...some people expect them to start acting as if they were born and bred in greenwich ct and went to boarding school....hes from a hick town in west virginia...and hes not the most articulate human being...that doesnt mean he cant possess a level of intelligence...and again...you make fun of him saying that he plays when he feels like it and is unhappy...when hes at a press conference for having a college kick return award named after him...i see it as him not bashing an inadequate coaching staff and roster

well i wont dog on all pot heads but i will say that its not very intelligent to admit you use an illegal drug when the place you

work for has a Drug and Substance Abuse Policy that will get your ass suspended.

when you do that stupid people look at you and say "thats one stupid mother F0cker"

by the way "forever in debt to huey lewis" how would you feel if another teams LB ends God Bradys season

and a fan of that team shows up with a user name like yours....just checking is all

lolol..huey lewis...sports is great isnt it

well..i dont really get in a bunch over a message board usernames like some might...but uhhh..hey if the team of that "LB" wins the superbowl...then im all for it

Tom and Randy may be putting together the best year any QB-WR tandem has ... but I wouldn't yet annoit them the best of all time.

Uh, yeah, with both of them in their early 30's, I'd say that Manning/Harrison and Young/Rice are pretty safe.

And LOL at Randy supposedly being "intelligent." :D

well the thing is...id like to look at this as an unbiased individual...but i dont know randy moss personally...i dunno..you might...i dont....so all i ive have to go on really is the word of the guy who coaches my favorite football team...he says hes the most intelligent and best wr hes ever coached...so im going to have to take his word for it...you, however, seem to know much more than he does...i dunno

so just curious but when Belicheat says that(and i am paraphrasing) he interpreted the rule differently(you know spygate) you believe him?

But hey dont worry about any of that stuff....

you can ignore that stuff and act like it never happened and

just enjoy the season that your New England Pasterisks are having :D

i just think its funny that because some dirt poor guys get paid millions of dollars to play a game...some people expect them to start acting as if they were born and bred in greenwich ct and went to boarding school

Where do I mention that I don't like him, or am not happy for him, or that I'm questioning his upbringing? We're discussing his intelligence here (not football smarts mind you), please stay on topic. TIA.

you make fun of him saying that he plays when he feels like it and is unhappy...when hes at a press conference for having a college kick return award named after him...i see it as him not bashing an inadequate coaching staff and roster

Ahh, so because he said it at a small event it doesn't count. Gotcha.

lolol..huey lewis...sports is great isnt it

well..i dont really get in a bunch over a message board usernames like some might...but uhhh..hey if the team of that "LB" wins the superbowl...then im all for it

:D also glad to see you ignored why Moss is stupid as F*#K too :D

i will say that its not very intelligent to admit you use an illegal drug when the place you

Edited by keggerz

Where do I mention that I don't like him, or am not happy for him, or that I'm questioning his upbringing? We're discussing his intelligence here (not football smarts mind you), please stay on topic. TIA.

Ahh, so because he said it at a small event it doesn't count. Gotcha.

oohhh right..because ones upbringing doesnt have any bearing on their ability to be articulate!

that comment was directed at you anyway...it was just in general

hey his comment counts!...for what? i dunno.....im just saying...this guy is being asked about his performance at an awards ceremony for college kick returning...and he could go out and bash his coach..his qb..and the lack of talent on the roster...but he didnt...hes not the brightest...but that doesnt mean he cant possess some level of intelligence

take manny ramirez for example...he cant put two sentences together to save his life....but hes probably one of the most intelligent hitters of his generation..maybe the most intelligent

take manny ramirez for example...he cant put two sentences together to save his life....but hes probably one of the most intelligent hitters of his generation..maybe the most intelligent

You're confusing athletic skill with intelligence. Manny has an excellent knowledge of the strike zone, but that doesn't make him an "intelligent" person.

You're confusing athletic skill with intelligence. Manny has an excellent knowledge of the strike zone, but that doesn't make him an "intelligent" person.

in my opinion..to be the best at anything...you must possess intelligence...

manny has great knowledge of the strikezone...he also sets up pitchers...he can also recognize spin and identify a pitch out of the hand of a pitcher

id say that takes some kind of "intelligence"...would you disagree? i mean the brain is working there

manny has great knowledge of the strikezone...he also sets up pitchers...he can also recognize spin and identify a pitch out of the hand of a pitcher

id say that takes some kind of "intelligence"...would you disagree? i mean the brain is working there

I think that's ability, not intelligence.

From dictionary.com:

intelligence: manifestation of a high mental capacity

If you think that applies to Randy, we'll have to agree to disagree.

[divertattentiontomannysinceicantwinanargumentthatsupportsmossbeingi

telligent]

:D Manny :D

[/divertattentiontomannysinceicantwinanargumentthatsupportsmossbengint

lligent]

Edited by keggerz