[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tom Brady and Randy Moss

Arianimal

TO had Young-Garcia-McNabb and Romo

Moss had C-Pep for 2 seasons, then nothing sense until this season, had Moss had the same level of QB's throwing to him as TO, there is no question Moss would be the hands down best WR in the last 6 years.

It's too bad that Moss's career numbers depend on another player, eventhough he is so great at a position. A RB can do it by himself. A QB can sometimes, but a WR depends on his QB.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Too bad it doesn't remotely hinder the Pats' chance at an undefeated season and yet another world championship, or the fact that the Bengals lose to the Cardinals and the Browns haven't been relevant for at least a decade.

He could wear a pink scarf around his neck and still obliterate any secondary.

:wacko:

it's still funny, months later.

Granted, at 25 years old, I haven't seen a lot of football in my life, but these guys are unbelievable. I can't even imagine two such elite players ever being on the exact same wavelength at such critical positions.

If only you started with this paragraph, most people would have stopped reading and it could have saved you years of embarrassment, as this thread will continue to be dug up frequently and often.

It's rare for a Huddler to proclaim his ignorance of the game so loudly and proudly! Hail to you!

If only you started with this paragraph, most people would have stopped reading and it could have saved you years of embarrassment, as this thread will continue to be dug up frequently and often.

It's rare for a Huddler to proclaim his ignorance of the game so loudly and proudly! Hail to you!

Ignorance of the year when Moss/Brady both broke the TD record?

One year does not make them the best combo in history for any other period than one year. In the historical context of the game (greater than one year), they are far from it. Do it for 4 - 5 more years and they most certainly enter into the discussion.

Moss' 23 TD catches pass Jerry Rice's 22 for the league's single-season mark.

When Moss does it in the same number of games Rice did he gets the record in my mind. Ha can do it, but hasn't yet.

Don Hutson scored 17 times in 11 games. Moss hasn't even equalled him.

Edited by Randall

• 2 weeks later...
Moss' 23 TD catches pass Jerry Rice's 22 for the league's single-season mark.

When Moss does it in the same number of games Rice did he gets the record in my mind. Ha can do it, but hasn't yet.

Don Hutson scored 17 times in 11 games. Moss hasn't even equalled him.

Luckily the NFL's CBs are getting faster, but unluckily for the defense, they are still too slow to cover Randy "Moonshine" Moss.

not so good that he can win a super bowl though. :D

He finally has a QB with talent somewhat near Steve Younge. And they went to the Superbowl with no effort. But you count them out all ready? :wacko:

With all those guns Marvin is dropping, I don't expect him to be catching many TDs.

Rice probably could have grabbed 35 if the Niners loaded him up with cheap garbage time TD's when they were up 28 late in the 4th

He finally has a QB with talent somewhat near Steve Younge. And they went to the Superbowl with no effort. But you count them out all ready? :wacko:

With all those guns Marvin is dropping, I don't expect him to be catching many TDs.

it don't mean a thing if you ain't got that ring . . .

Rice probably could have grabbed 35 if the Niners loaded him up with cheap garbage time TD's when they were up 28 late in the 4th

Please tell me you're joking? I'm no fan of Moss', see the HOF thread. However, I feel the need to bring the facts when I see things like this...

Of Moss's 23 TDs last year, exactly 3 came in the 4th quarter, and none of those meet your above description. In week 3 vs BUF the score was 31-7 in the 4th(still a garbage time TD, I know, but...), week 4 (forget the opponent) the score was 27-13, and week 17 vs the NYG they were trailing 24-28.

In fact, he scored only 3 others in the 3rd quarter. Meaning 17 of the 23 came in the first half, 13 in the 2nd and 4 in the 1st.

The most lopsided score he caught at TD at was that 24 point lead, followed by twice with 21 point leads (both in the second quarter)

Edited by Bring Back Pat!!!

Please tell me you're joking? I'm no fan of Moss', see the HOF thread. However, I feel the need to bring the facts when I see things like this...

Of Moss's 23 TDs last year, exactly 3 came in the 4th quarter, and none of those meet your above description. In week 3 vs BUF the score was 31-7 in the 4th(still a garbage time TD, I know, but...), week 4 (forget the opponent) the score was 27-13, and week 17 vs the NYG they were trailing 24-28.

In fact, he scored only 3 others in the 3rd quarter. Meaning 17 of the 23 came in the first half, 13 in the 2nd and 4 in the 1st.

The most lopsided score he caught at TD at was that 24 point lead, followed by twice with 21 point leads (both in the second quarter)

Dont try and downplay my point with facts

Edited by whomper