[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's the MVP?

broncosn05

MVP  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Tom Brady
    • Randy Moss
    • Brett Favre
    • Brian Westbrook
    • Terrell Owens
    • Tony Romo
    • Other (though really there should just be 2 choices)

Favre is the answer IMO. :D Although Brady will get it. Not that he isn't deserving, but IMO he has less of an impact on the Pats success than Favre does on GB's.

Go back and take a look at some of those "perfect strikes." Brady is an excellent QB, but he gets away with a lot more than most do because of Moss. As some said above, Moss is the MVP of that team, but past success for the Pats without him & past proof that he doesn't do well when it's all up to him dictates to me that he shouldn't be league MVP.

agree with this as well

I see what you're saying but do you think Moss does what he's done if Cassel was rhe full time starter?

That's not really a fair question. Cassell is a back up QB and there aren't many back up QBs in the league that have what it takes to be an NFL starter ... else they'd be starting. Yeah, yeah I know ... there might be some undiscovered stud waiting in the wings but for the most part the back up QB is a guy that you don't ever want to rely on but might be good for 1 or 2 games.

The better question is ... can any other starting QB in the league come in and do what Tom Brady is doing with his team ... and I'd guess that a great many of them could.

That's not really a fair question. Cassell is a back up QB and there aren't many back up QBs in the league that have what it takes to be an NFL starter ... else they'd be starting. Yeah, yeah I know ... there might be some undiscovered stud waiting in the wings but for the most part the back up QB is a guy that you don't ever want to rely on but might be good for 1 or 2 games.

The better question is ... can any other starting QB in the league come in and do what Tom Brady is doing with his team ... and I'd guess that a great many of them could.

Offensive line for MVP. :D

I see what you're saying but do you think Moss does what he's done if Cassel was rhe full time starter?
Cassel is a bad example actually. If you want to make that type of comparison you should be asking how many other QBs in the league would be doing that well if they were playing for the Pats and IMHO I think there are quite a few that could replace him & not skip a beat or have very little drop off.

Edit: Grits beat me to it...but completely agree.

Edited by rajncajn

And in regards to the discussion about Romo for MVP.

Not to take away from Romo because he is doing a fantastic job. But the MVP of the Dallas offense is Jason Garrett. This is basically the same offense as last year and the drastic jump in production is not simply a result of a more experienced Romo.

So many will bandy about the name of Romo or TO as the MVP of Dallas because they are the glory kids ... but I think the key to the Dallas offense is Jason Witten.

I can understand Moss as a comeback player, but not MVP.

Also, I kind of see Brady and Moss as great together, but over the last two years we've seen them apart without this level of production. So, I can't say which one for sure is the great contributer there...

Cassel is a bad example actually. If you want to make that type of comparison you should be asking how many other QBs in the league would be doing that well if they were playing for the Pats and IMHO I think there are quite a few that could replace him & not skip a beat or have very little drop off.

Edit: Grits beat me to it...but completely agree.

I see we are on the same page.

MVP awards are typically always given to the player with the biggest stats at his position and not the most "valuable" guy. Almost every year the "Most Valuable" guy to his respective team does NOT get the award. The NBA is the most recent to get it right IMO, when Nash was selected MVP. Many years it's just a "sentimental pick" or a popularity contest. I personally could care less about who gets "MVP" awards. It's a joke usually.

Edited by Hitman

MVP awards are typically always given to the player with the biggest stats at his position and not the most "valuable" guy. Almost every year the "Most Valuable" guy to his respective team doe NOT get the award. The NBA is the most recent to get it right IMO, when Nash was selected MVP. Many years it's just a "sentimental pick" or a popularity contest. I personally could care less about who gets "MVP" awards. It's a joke usually.

Yes ... we are agruing about who we believe is actually the most valuable to their team ... but I believe you are correct the award will go to the guy that put up the biggest numbers which does not necessarily equate to the most valuable player to his team.

Yes ... we are agruing about who we believe is actually the most valuable to their team ... but I believe you are correct the award will go to the guy that put up the biggest numbers which does not necessarily equate to the most valuable player to his team.

Oh yeah...and my pick would be Favre or Moss, BTW. :D

One thing I gotta ask about the Favre votes - isn't the defense as much a part of their record as Favre? With that D, I think Rodgers would be 6-4 or 7-3....

I hate to say this cause I hate the Bucs, but Jeff Garcia deserves mention - defense is playing better, but if you've seen any of their games, the Bucs are 2-8 with whoever the backup is in there instead of Garcia....doesn't deserve to be in say the top 3, but should be top 6 or 7...

I see we are on the same page.

I think the MVP discussion is based on the MVP on each teams roster. Using the argument that there are other qb's on other teams that could step in and do what Brady is doing then Brady could step in for Favre or Owens or Andre Johnson or someone could step in for Moss and do what he is doing.

The question is, of each teams 53 man roster which singel person on that roster was the most valuable player on that Roster? & of the 32 answers to that question which player was the most valuable of them?

Not, which player can't be replaced by another player from another team? That's not an option anyway.

I think the MVP discussion is based on the MVP on each teams roster. Using the argument that there are other qb's on other teams that could step in and do what Brady is doing then Brady could step in for Favre or Owens or Andre Johnson or someone could step in for Moss and do what he is doing.

The question is, of each teams 53 man roster which singel person on that roster was the most valuable player on that Roster? & of the 32 answers to that question which player was the most valuable of them?

Not, which player can't be replaced by another player from another team? That's not an option anyway.

If that is your criteria you might as well re-name it to the Most Valuable Quarter Back ... because in the end every single play starts with the QB. Don't believe me ... look at the teams that are struggling in this league and with very few exceptions all of them have QB troubles (Cincinnati is the glaring expection).