[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson Updates

RussMan

I wouldn't count on S. Holmes being available for a while. I just read the dreaded words "high ankle sprain" regarding his status. He could be out a while...

i know.. just saw that myself..going to try to pick up nate washington and justin gage (with calvin johnson on the bench). plus we havea flex option so i can just start graham

Adrian Peterson will take part in at least a portion of Vikings' practice today.

The team will have a better idea of his return date after seeing how his torn LCL reacts to a day of practice. His return to practice doesn't mean he will play in Week 12, but it's a great sign for his chances of returning soon, likely in Week 13.

WOW. I will be very curious to see how that goes!

from CBS:

Vikings RB Adrian Peterson was on the field for the first part of Minnesota's practice on Wednesday, participating in light individual drills with his teammates. After working out without pain in his injured right knee the past two days, Peterson took the next step in his recovery from a partially torn lateral collateral ligament. Coach Brad Childress said he considered Peterson upgraded from the "long shot" status he assigned the NFL's leading rusher earlier in the week regarding his readiness to play against the New York Giants. Still, the rookie must have another MRI test before he can be cleared and is unlikely to be in uniform on Sunday. "I don't put any restrictions on him. Nothing surprises me with what that kid does," Childress said.