[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Priest Holmes re-injures neck

PaulOttCarruth

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:PeLKf...lient=firefox-a

that is the only thing that Google turns up on " Foxsports.com Priest Holmes" and it was updated 1 hour ago :D

now he is listed on the injury report as "neck" so i wonder if that is what they are running with :D

Edited by keggerz

To further heap on the bad news on Chiefs RBs:

Profootballtalk.com reports that Larry Johnson has a Lisfranc injury that will be treated by rest and rehab.

And on it goes. This supports our report Monday that the Chiefs and Johnson expect the runner to miss the rest of the season. Now with Priest Holmes' status uncertain, the Chiefs are hurting for runners. It's important to note that Johnson is not expected to undergo surgery, which would make his rehab far shorter than similar cases like Kevin Jones and Dwight Freeney.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

Weird, theres been NO talk of this here in KC. None at all.

he took a few hits and is listed as limited in practice Neck(cant find that link now)...i think glazer is just trying to take his previous injury and marry it to a possible injury and run with it

Here is an article that also contains this additional info:

That would leave rookie Kolby Smith, a fifth-round draft choice with 10 carries for 19 yards, as the only running back available unless the Chiefs add a player this week.

The Chiefs were aware of the report, and Coach Herm Edwards said, “Priest got dinged in the game in Indianapolis. He did return to the game before eventually coming out. We’re evaluating him, and we’ll see where it’s at (today).”

Edited by Gunther

From a purely selfish point of view, I hope this isn't true because I just picked him up in a TD only league and started him against the Raiders because I really liked the matchup this week. Not going into a long explanation as to why, but our lineups had to be in today.

From a football fan perspective, I really hope this isn't true because I never want to see any player, whether I like them or not, to have their career ended because they pushed it too far and got hurt so bad they couldn't play anymore, let alone live a normal life after football.

It's all entertainment in the end as far as I'm concerned. I don't care if my team (homer of FF) wins or loses, I just don't think players need to sacrifice the rest of their life for a few moments of entertaining the crowd when their health is already somewhat in question.

The NFL Network just ran some breaking news that Holmes is retiring.

from profootballtalk.com

POSTED 10:51 p.m. EST, November 20, 2007

PRIEST TO CALL IT QUITS

A league source tells us that Priest Holmes will announce his retirement from the NFL during a Wednesday press conference.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network, citing an unnamed source, has a similar report.

Holmes re-injured his neck on Sunday. The neck originally was injured in 2005, and he was out of football for all of the 2006 season.

The former holder of the single-season touchdown record is signed through 2009. The Chiefs presumably could attempt to recover some bonus money from Holmes, but to do so would be a bad P.R. move.