[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking ahead to next year--your homer team

Chief Dick

Well, it's that time of year to analyze the good, bad, and ugly regarding your hometown team. So here goes for the Chiefs:

GOOD

1. Defense is getting better. As we look forward, needs are corner, corner, and corner. Linebacking core could use someone to eventually replace Edwards. Allen and Hali are cornerstones for awhile. We just need to keep adding depth on defense.

2. Special teams. Coverage units have been good. Punting has been good. Field goals have been average at best.

3. Croyle. I might be changing my mind about him. He had some tempo and poise on Sunday in a hostile environment.

BAD

1. Offensive line. Clearly the #1 area of need in the offseason. I see the Chiefs going at this in FA and the draft.

2. Corner play. We are old and slow at that position. We need youth there desperately.

UGLY

1. Play calling. Terrible all season. We haven't gone downfield AT ALL the whole season. And we wonder why LJ et al have nowhere to run. Mike Solari WILL be fired after this season. Guaranteed.

The Chiefs are stuck between young and old. They need to decide what kind of team they want to be. Unfortunately for us, we can expect more of the same until Peterson retires. Very frustrating time to be a Chiefs fan.

Well, it's that time of year to analyze the good, bad, and ugly regarding your hometown team. So here goes for the Chiefs:

GOOD

1. Defense is getting better. As we look forward, needs are corner, corner, and corner. Linebacking core could use someone to eventually replace Edwards. Allen and Hali are cornerstones for awhile. We just need to keep adding depth on defense.

2. Special teams. Coverage units have been good. Punting has been good. Field goals have been average at best.We also need a kick returner, Drummand has been terrible, Hall wasn't much better, but surely they can find something better.

3. Croyle. I might be changing my mind about him. He had some tempo and poise on Sunday in a hostile environment.

BAD

1. Offensive line. Clearly the #1 area of need in the offseason. I see the Chiefs going at this in FA and the draft.

2. Corner play. We are old and slow at that position. We need youth there desperately.

UGLY

1. Play calling. Terrible all season. We haven't gone downfield AT ALL the whole season. And we wonder why LJ et al have nowhere to run. Mike Solari WILL be fired after this season. Guaranteed.

The Chiefs are stuck between young and old. They need to decide what kind of team they want to be. Unfortunately for us, we can expect more of the same until Peterson retires. Very frustrating time to be a Chiefs fan.

Edited by Hat Trick

UGLY

+1

From last week's Colts - Chiefs game:

Kansas City Chiefs at 14:53 KAN IND

1st and 10 at KC 37 (14:53) P.Holmes left end to KC 35 for -2 yards (M.Jackson).

2nd and 12 at KC 35 (14:17) B.Croyle pass incomplete short right to D.Bowe.

3rd and 12 at KC 35 (14:11) (Shotgun) B.Croyle pass short middle to K.Smith to KC 46 for 11 yards (A.Bethea).

4th and 1 at KC 46 (13:25) D.Colquitt punts 30 yards to IND 24, Center-J.Darche, fair catch by T.Rushing.

Herm never takes chances. I can't stand coaches who always punt on 4th and 1 from anywhere outside of the opponent's 35 yard line. Granted, tied in the 4th quarter might not be the best time to take a chance, but at some point you need to show some faith in your offense and go for it. To me, always taking the conservative approach is nothing but a cop out where the coach can blame the defense if it doesn't work out.

I'm a Broncos fan, and though there are things about Shanahan I'm not crazy about, at least he makes aggressive, difficult coaching decisions in an effort to win the game.

Here's another gem of a series:

Kansas City Chiefs at 10:59 KAN IND

1st and 10 at KC 24 (10:59) P.Holmes left tackle to KC 24 for no gain (G.Brackett).

2nd and 10 at KC 24 (10:23) B.Croyle pass short right to T.Gonzalez to KC 31 for 7 yards (K.Hayden, F.Keiaho).

3rd and 3 at KC 31 (9:39) (Shotgun) B.Croyle pass short middle to D.Bowe to KC 45 for 14 yards (A.Bethea).

1st and 10 at KC 45 (8:58) K.Smith left end to KC 40 for -5 yards (J.Thomas).

2nd and 15 at KC 40 (8:18) B.Croyle sacked at KC 37 for -3 yards (R.Brock).

3rd and 18 at KC 37 (7:41) (Shotgun) K.Smith left tackle to KC 39 for 2 yards (K.Hayden, G.Brackett).

4th and 16 at KC 39 (7:08) D.Colquitt punts 37 yards to IND 24, Center-J.Darche. T.Rushing to IND 33 for 9 yards (K.Fox).

Nice choice on 3rd an 18.

Edited by MTSuper7