[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owner dumps half his team in waiver pool

MothAudio

I can't believe it but the guy in last place [out of the playoffs] in our 10 team office / $$$ league just dumped half his team in the waiver pool. The guys he dropped are...

Nov 20 3:30pm Jeff Wilkins (StL - K)

Nov 20 3:30pm Koren Robinson (GB - WR)

Nov 20 3:30pm Najeh Davenport (Pit - RB)

Nov 20 3:30pm DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)

Nov 20 3:30pm Eli Manning (NYG - QB)

Nov 20 3:29pm Steve Smith (Car - WR)

Nov 20 3:28pm Leigh Bodden (Cle - DB)

Nov 20 3:28pm Washington (Was - DEF)

Ok, the only two I'm concerned with are Manning and Smith. What should I do? Make a post that those players are off limits?

Anytime the phrase "dump" and "pool" are in the same sentence, it isn't pretty.

Ok, the only two I'm concerned with are Manning and Smith. What should I do? Make a post that those players are off limits?

I would make all his players off limits and make sure he is never invited back.

I can't believe it but the guy in last place [out of the playoffs] in our 10 team office / $$$ league just dumped half his team in the waiver pool. The guys he dropped are...

Nov 20 3:30pm Jeff Wilkins (StL - K)

Nov 20 3:30pm Koren Robinson (GB - WR)

Nov 20 3:30pm Najeh Davenport (Pit - RB)

Nov 20 3:30pm DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)

Nov 20 3:30pm Eli Manning (NYG - QB)

Nov 20 3:29pm Steve Smith (Car - WR)

Nov 20 3:28pm Leigh Bodden (Cle - DB)

Nov 20 3:28pm Washington (Was - DEF)

If I was the commish of that league, I'd just declare his team dead from here on out and put in the lineup every week his obvious starters...but under no circumstances would I allow ANY of those players back into FA.

Keep in mind I have to work with these guys, the last thing I want to do is take strong-arm action and piss people off. The league is more about fellowship than money and competition. The real kicker is that ths guy is someone I elected as co-commissioner this year. Since he's on vacation i'll discuss it with the other co-commish and propose we return Manning and Smith to his line up. Then I'll talk to him next week.

Yeah, take control of his team, add the players back to it, and set the lineups for him.

this is the way to go, co-worker or not. He didn't have any of your feelings in mind when he dumped these guys, you shouldn't have his feelings in mind returning them to his team

Edited by loaf

Who did he pick up to replace them?

Nov 20 3:37pm Dennis Northcutt (Jac - WR)

Nov 20 3:37pm Charlie Frye (Sea - QB)

Nov 20 3:36pm Abdul HodgeIR (GB - DL)

Nov 20 3:36pm Miami (Mia - DEF)

Nov 20 3:35pm Justin MedlockNA (KC - K)

Nov 20 3:35pm Jorge CordovaNA (Jac - DL)

He's a Browns fan so he picked up a couple of ex-Brownies. No idea why he grabbed the other four??? I don't think he did it to screw things up, but I don't think he understands that there are a couple of owners that could use Manning and Smith. The others one's he tossed back I'm not worried about. Someone threw the Detroit defense back in the WW pool a few weeks ago, so we're not the most competitive league going. Still, I'm trying to keep things fair.

He's a Browns fan so he picked up a couple of ex-Brownies. No idea why he grabbed the other four??? I don't think he did it to screw things up, but I don't think he understands that there are a couple of owners that could use Manning and Smith. The others one's he tossed back I'm not worried about. Someone threw the Detroit defense back in the WW pool a few weeks ago, so we're not the most competitive league going. Still, I'm trying to keep things fair.

none of those guys play

Dennis Northcutt (Jac - WR) - 4th string

Charlie Frye (Sea - QB) - back-up

Abdul HodgeIR (GB - DL) - hurt on IR

Miami (Mia - DEF) - mehhh

Justin MedlockNA (KC - K) - cut, not on KC

Jorge CordovaNA (Jac - DL) - Who?

He has to take all his players back

:D

Holy moly. I agree with the others, you need to reverse his add/drops.

i would think they would back you on this.

I 'd like to think they would. I just can't believe he did that and don't like to flex my administrative muscle any more than needed. But clearly this is one of those times. He's not starting any of those guys and [for now] fieiding his most competitive roster. All theu guys he dropped were backups.

Edited by MothAudio

none of those guys play

He needs a kick in the ass as well. For whatever reason, he's intentionally tanking.

none of those guys play

I agree. Reverse and freeze his team. Tell everyone it is for the good of the league.

I had a guy in by big $$ league start off 2-5...he stopped subbing for his byes. I asked him what the deal was, and he said he was doing better in his other league. So now I put in his lineup, and I instituted a mandatory fine, and it's pretty hefty...funny thing is, there have been 2 people SINCE then that I have had to fine, for the exact reason.

Why are people such Megan Foxes??

He needs a kick in the ass as well. For whatever reason, he's intentionally tanking.

Exactly..Just arbitrarily dropping his team for non starters ? This guy needs to be knocked out cold and thrown down a flight of stairs

sounds like he did it as a joke, thought it'd be funny, then run off on vaca....

being a 'bunch of work buddies' he probably wouldn't care if you restore his team

and then run it for him :D

but you have to restore his team to save the integrity of the league for the remainder of the season...

just do it!...whats he gunna do? not buy you lunch next Friday?

Keep in mind I have to work with these guys, the last thing I want to do is take strong-arm action and piss people off. The league is more about fellowship than money and competition. The real kicker is that ths guy is someone I elected as co-commissioner this year. Since he's on vacation i'll discuss it with the other co-commish and propose we return Manning and Smith to his line up. Then I'll talk to him next week.

I would hire his replacement while he is on vaca, when he gets back, go over his evaluation and tell him to feel free to put you down as a reference in his new endeavors. :D

Exactly..Just arbitrarily dropping his team for non starters ? This guy needs to be knocked out cold and thrown down a flight of stairs

...and then hogtied, given a wet willie, followed by an atomic wedgie, then tied to the bumper of the nearest vehicle and dragged through town...and then... :D

OK, maybe that's a bit much. Sorry, my punishment fetish sometimes gets the best of me. :D

Carry on... :wacko:

...and then hogtied, given a wet willie, followed by an atomic wedgie, then tied to the bumper of the nearest vehicle and dragged through town...and then... :D

OK, maybe that's a bit much. Sorry, my punishment fetish sometimes gets the best of me. :D

Carry on... :D

You forgot a good spanking. :wacko:

Appreciate the responses. Knew what I needed to do and after speaking with a couple of owners this morninig returned the guys he dropped back on his squad and posted this on our homepage. I also locked him out. Something I do after you lose in the playoffs. Looks like I'll have to add a more specific provision to our league manifesto next year. It never ceases to amaze me what guys will do next.

Commissioner's Note:

11/21 Real funny Matt. You may be out of the playoffs but everyone else is still trying to win. Dumping top 12 starters into the waiver pool for guys on "IR" is not cool. Gobble, gooble.

The Commish

You can't win. Now one of the owners said I should have left his team alone. This was 5 days after I asked for his opinion on this subject! Thanks for the late reply! We have a "collusion clause" in our manifesto that touches on this subject. I shot this memo to everyone in the league.

To justify my action, the reason I reversed his moves was because he was tanking, the value of the 7 players he dropped wasn't of the same value of the 7 players he pickd up [not even close]. The degree of the difference constitutes "tanking". His team [starters and bench] is not as strong now as before the moves. And since two of those players are top 15 starters he gave an unfair advantage to anyone with the highest waiver position. He would not have done that before he was eliminated. It's obvious he gave up and doesn't care. My duty is to see that everyone plays by the rules. His action goes against one of the guidelines in our manifesto / league rules [fielding your most competitive team]. I guess next year I'll have to make things a little more clear for everyone. I contacted three other owners. Two thought something should have been done and didn't voice any opposition to the action I proposed [one of them is the co-commish]. The third didn't reply. So my action was fair and democratic.