[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A question on Yahoo

Fatman

My local league uses Yahoo which, for the paramaters of our league, works very well. There is a bit of an issue now as to Ricky Williams coming back into the league. There are three owners who are desperate for RB help and are very anxious to claim him.

Our league only uses waivers when players are dropped; other than that FA acquisitions can happen at any time (something I have been unable to change for the past couple of years). Like Ricky Williams, there have been some players in the past that enter the league midseason and are not in the player database. Historically, we have allowed a post to the message board to claim a player like this as long as the owner had an open roster spot.

My question is this - now, when Yahoo adds players, do they come into the league on waivers? It was my understanding that they did, and we were going to allow waivers to determine claims like this going forward. From the best I can tell, he came in just as a free agent and was able to be picked up immediately.

Does anyone have any idea? It would be much appreciated.

Edited by Fatman

From my Yahoo league he is coming in as a FA, so the FA rules would apply.. I never checked earlier in the year if he was already listed.. He does have the "NA" next to his name which means he should be considered as a FA...

I know in baseball, when someone is called up they add him as a FA and everybody gets a shot at him.