[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darius Walker signed off practice squad in Houston

SpinalTapp

Sure there is always a chance. IIRC, he has been cut and resigned to the practice squad a few times already, so they obviously like him. His main competition would be Echemandu and Dayne. So even though he is mainly being brought up for depth, I don't think it is unthinkable to see him get a look down the stretch, especially if they have no shot at the playoffs.

I think the Texans will basically be auditioning RBs for next season, especially if and/or when they're eliminated from the playoffs. It's pretty obvious that neither Green or Dayne are the real answer, so they're going to want to see what they've got and what they will need to get during the offseason.

Be careful who you drop though, because if Walker does get a start, it probably won't be until the final couple of weeks of the season. I picked up Echemandu last week thinking that he might be able to help me during the playoffs, but I dropped Kolby Smith to get him. Now Echemandu is in the doghouse for fumbling on his only carry, Walker has been activated, and Smith looks like he will be KC's starting RB for the rest of the season. That's a good example of the risks you're taking when you reach for these guys.