[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 10 RB's next year

Randall

Okay, for what it is worth:

I don't think LT is going to top the list any longer. He's getting too old, way too many touches, and he's most probably going to have a new coaching staff to get used to. He's coming back to the pack, and will end up right in the thick of the top 10 FF RBs.

Addai has proven me wrong beyond the shadow of a doubt. He ought to be one of the top 3 RBs off the board next year.

I think LJ is having his year in Hell after too many carries the previous year & will bounce back soundly, especially now that the specter of Priest no longer hangs over his head.

If MIN can bring itself to admit that the T Jackson experiment is a miserable failure and gets even a mediocre QB, AD could be the top FF RB easily.

Westbrook will continue to be undervalued by FF owners, much like Tiki was for almost his entire career.

There are going to be at least 2 rookies from an extremely strong rookie RB class who will break the top 10. What helps make this possible is that many of the teams at the very top of the draft don't need a featured RB, meaning that not only will this be a deep RB class next year, but also that some very talented RBs will drop to some pretty good teams.

I think LJ is having his year in Hell after too many carries the previous year & will bounce back soundly, especially now that the specter of Priest no longer hangs over his head.

The big risk with LJ is if this is indeed a lisfranc issue, that could linger. Until otherwise noted, he's on my high risk list.

There are going to be at least 2 rookies from an extremely strong rookie RB class who will break the top 10.

That is a very bold statement...has it ever happened before?

Also, I'm not so sure about the RB talent dropping too far. Teams with a mid-to-high draft pick that might be selecting an RB:

Miami (pending Brown's recovery prognosis)

Carolina

Houston

Atlanta

NY Jets -- T. Jones was obviously not the answer

Cincy -- Rudi is done, though they do need to rebuild the defense

Tampa Bay

That is a very bold statement...has it ever happened before?

Also, I'm not so sure about the RB talent dropping too far. Teams with a mid-to-high draft pick that might be selecting an RB:

Miami (pending Brown's recovery prognosis)

Carolina

Houston

Atlanta

NY Jets -- T. Jones was obviously not the answer

Cincy -- Rudi is done, though they do need to rebuild the defense

Tampa Bay

Miami (pending Brown's recovery prognosis) Burning a 1st or 2nd rounder on a RB with Brown, Chatman, & Booker on the roster? No way.

Carolina Using a high pick with D Williams & Foster on the roster? Very unlikely.

Houston Maybe, but Kubiak watched Shanahan succeed with low draft picks at RB for years, and the emphasis seems to be on D in the 1st round

Atlanta Likely home for McFadden

NY Jets -- The problem is the O-line, not the RBs. But they do need a more studly RB in the stable.

Cincy -- With so many gaping holes on D and Rudi & Watson on the roster? No way. If they did, this would be a plum spot for a stud FF RB.

Tampa Bay - They'll have to admit Cadillac was a huge mistake. Unlikely based upon their history with him so far.

Edited by Bronco Billy

was one hell of a DC

Yeah, but a very lax head coach. He instilled or demanded very little discipline and the team was like a boat without a sail. They wandered and had very little direction or accountability.

When Holmgren left he recommended Reid to replace him but Wolf chose Rhodes. He probably dis-trusted everything Holmgren said at that point.

This is top 10 ie how they will IMO finish not how they will be drafted, assume that's what we mean. For PPR and not taking into account potential injuries:

Addai

AP (very boom/bust though)

Bush

Westbrook

R Brown

FWP

McGhee

LT

Lynch

K Jones

Others to consider include Portis, Drew, LJ too I guess but real iffy on him. I know I won't take the chance next year. I'm liking Watson maybe next year also.

This is top 10 ie how they will IMO finish not how they will be drafted, assume that's what we mean. For PPR and not taking into account potential injuries:

Addai

AP (very boom/bust though)

Bush

Westbrook

R Brown

FWP

McGhee

LT

Lynch

K Jones

Others to consider include Portis, Drew, LJ too I guess but real iffy on him. I know I won't take the chance next year. I'm liking Watson maybe next year also.

I would caution people to be careful relying on Ronnie Brown. People seem to forget that the RB is not at full performance the year after tearing the ACL.