[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ASU is getting no respect

Bushey

ASU is going to destroy USC on Thanksgiving day. I say this, not only as a fan, but years of getting beat down by them will be the only fuel needed. KNowing that there is no way to impress the dating computer, the Rose Bowl is there only hope. I will take it. Defeating USC and and possibly a date with OSU will be all I need to make this season a huge success. The BCS NC is a farce anyway. ASU in a route!

34 - 17

:D

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why they're getting no respect.

09/01 San Jose St W 45-3

09/08 Colorado W 33-14

09/15 SDSU W 34-13

09/22 Oregon St W 44-32

09/29 at Stanford W 41-3

10/06 at Wash St W 23-20

10/13 Washington W 44-20

10/27 #21 California W 31-20 Is currently 6-5

11/03 at #5 Oregon L 35-23 Now have 2 losses and represent the only quality opponent on the ASU schedule to this point.

11/10 at UCLA W 24-20

Same reason Kansas is undefeated and only #2.

A victory over USC will certainly lend some cred to their resume but I don't see it helping a whole lot. We are talking about a 3 loss team in that scenario. Now, if they blow them out, that may make a difference.

09/01 San Jose St W 45-3

09/08 Colorado W 33-14

09/15 SDSU W 34-13

09/22 Oregon St W 44-32

09/29 at Stanford W 41-3

10/06 at Wash St W 23-20

10/13 Washington W 44-20

11/03 at #5 Oregon L 35-23 Now have 2 losses and represent the only quality opponent on the ASU schedule to this point.

11/10 at UCLA W 24-20

A victory over USC will certainly lend some cred to their resume but I don't see it helping a whole lot. We are talking about a 3 loss team in that scenario. Now, if they blow them out, that may make a difference.

ridiculous to even compare ASU's SOS to Kansas

SOS -

Kansas 101

WVU 42

ASU 26

huh? you have to be joking with this- USC is better than any team WVU will face this year. IF they beat USC there is no doubt they have a better resume than WVU.

ASU SHOULD be ahead of WVU right now- The Pac 10 is tougher than the Big East - and ASU has played a tougher schedule to this point than WVU. But, it will be clearer after the USC game , no doubt.

For obvious reasons, I'm not as wildly confident in my Trojans this year as in years past, so I'm anxiously awaiting this game. If USC wins, I suddenly become a Bruin fan on Saturday (shoot me now.) But if the Sun Devils pull it out, I can go back to hating the Bruins again, restoring the natural order of things leading up to 12/1. Or I can still hate the Bruins and pull for the Beavs on 12/1, but that only gives us one shot at upsetting the Ducks.

My poor fan brain is a bit confused..somebody hold me....

09/01 San Jose St W 45-3

09/08 Colorado W 33-14

09/15 SDSU W 34-13

09/22 Oregon St W 44-32

09/29 at Stanford W 41-3

10/06 at Wash St W 23-20

10/13 Washington W 44-20

11/10 at UCLA W 24-20

Haven't compared ASU's to West Virginia, but looking at ASU's schedule it's hard to be impressed.

09/01 San Jose St W 45-3

09/08 Colorado W 33-14

09/15 SDSU W 34-13

09/22 Oregon St W 44-32

09/29 at Stanford W 41-3

10/06 at Wash St W 23-20

10/13 Washington W 44-20

11/10 at UCLA W 24-20

Agreed !

It's easy to see with the schedule they've played why they don't get any respect. The best win they've had all season is defeating a 6-5 Cal team, not even ranked in the top 40 currently............how's that for one weekass schedule ?

A win over USC doesn't mean too much, as USC has even an easier schedule then ASU and lost to a hopeless Stanford team. USC's only top 40 win came against those same horrible Cal Bears . So they lose to Stanford and beat only 1 team inside the top 45................??? How's that for another weakass schedule

Wildcats is obviously sniffing glue here, pulling straws from a hat or something, to be pimping a win by either team as significant when the facts clearly show, neither team has beaten ANYONE inside the top 40..............................WEAK !

I guess i get really confused at times like these with this wildcat fella :D

He degrades the Bucks, even though they've beaten 4 teams in the top 36 , then pimps up ASU or USC and neither team has beaten ANYONE in the top 40..............??? ASU's only loss came at the hands of #11 Oregon, while OSU lost to #17 Illinois and USC loses to #78475906 Stanford. Somehow it escapes me, when the facts are laid out here to view, how he continues to say OSU is weak while pimping 2 teams who've obviously not proven near as much as the BUCKS. :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Agreed !

It's easy to see with the schedule they've played why they don't get any respect. The best win they've had all season is defeating a 6-5 Cal team, not even ranked in the top 40 currently............how's that for one weekass schedule ?

I like WVU, I just think they are just getting the benefit of losing early in the season

Not saying ASU has played a brutal schedule by any stretech, but neither has WVU- and I htink it is crazy to think ASU won't leap WVU if they get by USC

A win over USC doesn't mean too much, as USC has even an easier schedule then ASU and lost to a hopeless Stanford team. USC's only top 40 win came against those same horrible Cal Bears . So they lose to Stanford and beat only 1 team inside the top 45................??? How's that for another weakass schedule

As easy as you think USC has had it- they would hand it to yer Buckeyes, who do not impress me at all

top 45? where do you get these random numbers? Cal has faded, no question- Oregon St happens to be in the top 30- go check yer top 45 again

Wildcats is obviously sniffing glue here, pulling straws from a hat or something, to be pimping a win by either team as significant when the facts clearly show, neither team has beaten ANYONE inside the top 40..............................WEAK !

I guess i get really confused at times like these with this wildcat fella :D

He degrades the Bucks, even though they've beaten 4 teams in the top 36 , then pimps up ASU or USC and neither team has beaten ANYONE in the top 40..............??? ASU's only loss came at the hands of #11 Oregon, while OSU lost to #17 Illinois and USC loses to #78475906 Stanford. Somehow it escapes me, when the facts are laid out here to view, how he continues to say OSU is weak while pimping 2 teams who've obviously not proven near as much as the BUCKS. :D

top 36? where does this come from- as for degrading yer Bucks- I felt they were decent, but not deserving of #1, which proved to be true- ............. pimping who? a 1 L ASU team that has played a tougher schdule than WVU, and who without question will jump WVU and OSU IF they beat USC? pretty simple really when USC is BETTER than anyone OSU or WVU even has on their schedule

Wildcat, these random rankings I've gotten are merely posted on CBS, you know. The officail BCS rankings :D

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/bcs

As you can see neither USC or ASU have beaten anyone in the current top 40 BCS rankings, while OSU has beaten 4 in the top 36 . So for someone so set on facts ...................get your straight ! :wacko:

I like the fact that you say with certaintly that USC would pound the Bucks, but you seem to be at a loss for any facts that support this outlandish statement.............again.

Edited: I did miss Oregon St at #37 , so the fact is OSU has beaten 4 teams in the top 36 ,while neither of these Pac 10 GIANTS have beaten anyone inside the top 36 , I guess it's easy for us all to assume that both of those schools would punk the BUCKS, since there is so much evidence to conclude that statement :D

Edited by theeohiostate

I like the fact that you say with certaintly that USC would pound the Bucks, but you seem to be at a loss for any facts that support this outlandish statement.............again.

Edited: I did miss Oregon St at #37 , so the fact is OSU has beaten 4 teams in the top 36 ,while neither of these Pac 10 GIANTS have beaten anyone inside the top 36 , I guess it's easy for us all to assume that both of those schools would punk the BUCKS, since there is so much evidence to conclude that statement :D

TOS, didn't you say this just a few weeks ago? : :D

"For the record, I'd like to say if the SunDevils win at Oregon and @ home against USC, i have no issues with them overtaking the Bucks atop the BCS polls. This team is surprising and exciting and now facing the meat of their schedule. If they go undefeated in the PAC 10 this season, they are the most deserving team in the country, imo.

The PAC 10 , imo, is better at the top 5 teams in their conference then the SEC , and while not as deep below that it's enough for me to say they have what appears without the end results of the bowl season, to have the best conference at this point.

TOS, didn't you say this just a few weeks ago? : :D

"For the record, I'd like to say if the SunDevils win at Oregon and @ home against USC, i have no issues with them overtaking the Bucks atop the BCS polls. This team is surprising and exciting and now facing the meat of their schedule. If they go undefeated in the PAC 10 this season, they are the most deserving team in the country, imo.

The PAC 10 , imo, is better at the top 5 teams in their conference then the SEC , and while not as deep below that it's enough for me to say they have what appears without the end results of the bowl season, to have the best conference at this point.

I don't see the relevence in digging out an old post, especially since my statement started with IF ASU beats Oregon (which they did not) , but

Yes, if ASU had beaten a Dixon lead Oregon team and USC, they be deserved to be ranked ahead of OSU, but that would have given them 2 wins over teams inside the top 35 , as of now, they don't have that.

Edited by theeohiostate

Wildcat, these random rankings I've gotten are merely posted on CBS, you know. The officail BCS rankings :D

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/bcs

As you can see neither USC or ASU have beaten anyone in the current top 40 BCS rankings, while OSU has beaten 4 in the top 36 . So for someone so set on facts ...................get your straight ! :wacko:

Yer Big 10 had been the 5th or 6th ranked conference ALL SEASON long.

I watch ALOT of football, and I go by what I see- the Big 10 was/is DOWN without question, and IMO OSU drops a few games in a full Pac 10 schedule without question.

again, I like USC tomorrow night, but if ASU prevails- I think you will see them jump OSU AND WVU

Yer Big 10 had been the 5th or 6th ranked conference ALL SEASON long.

As usual , instead of debating the FACTS I posted about USC or ASU, you've chosen to once again stoop to your typical unitelligent answer and continue to bash the Big 10 , base on mere factless ignorance.

Now who looks like the 5 or 6th best conference? No chance at a NC game , A for sure loss in the rose bowl and no wins for your 2 big fish over any teams inside the top 36. That says enough for anyone without homer glasses on. Take 'em off, you'd be surprised that the world is now round and not flat like your IQ. :D

Edited by theeohiostate

As usual , instead of debating the FACTS I posted about USC or ASU, you've chosen to once again stoop to your typical unitelligent answer and continue to bash the Big 10 , base on mere factless ignorance.

Now who looks like the 5 or 6th best conference? No chance at a NC game , A for sure loss in the rose bowl and no wins for your 2 big fish over any teams inside the top 36. That says enough for anyone without homer glasses on. Take 'em off, you'd be surprised that the world is now round and not flat like your IQ. :D

TOS coming with facts- that is some funny chit

1 SOUTHEASTERN (A) = 79.89

2 PAC-10 (A) = 79.19

3 BIG EAST (A) = 78.88

4 BIG 12 (A) = 77.93

5 ATLANTIC COAST (A) = 76.35

6 BIG TEN (A) = 75.41

Sorry, but the week in and week out conference games of the SEC and Pac 10 this year make it an unbalanced playing field.

In all honesty- you see yer Bucks getting thru ASU/USC/OREGON/CAL? they would be 2-2 AT BEST

I don't see the relevence in digging out an old post, especially since my statement started with IF ASU beats Oregon (which they did not) , but

Yes, if ASU had beaten a Dixon lead Oregon team and USC, they be deserved to be ranked ahead of OSU, but that would have given them 2 wins over teams inside the top 35 , as of now, they don't have that.

You said "For the record" didn't you? So if the PAC 10 champion was more deserving of a shot for the NC than Ohio State back then what has changed since both conference champions could have one loss?

ridiculous to even compare ASU's SOS to Kansas

SOS -

Kansas 101

WVU 42

ASU 26

huh? you have to be joking with this- USC is better than any team WVU will face this year. IF they beat USC there is no doubt they have a better resume than WVU.

ASU SHOULD be ahead of WVU right now- The Pac 10 is tougher than the Big East - and ASU has played a tougher schedule to this point than WVU. But, it will be clearer after the USC game , no doubt.

I am amazed by the apparent desperation that ya'll exhibit in your PAC 10 homerism. You are not being attacked, at least not by me. But your reaction to my simple critique of an obviously mediocre resume makes me want to. Settle down.

I didn't compare ASU's schedule to KU's. I merely pointed out that ASU's wins are unimpressive and then mentioned that KU is in the same boat. Neither deserve a great deal of respect. The reason neither are ranked higher than they are.

I didn't compare USC to anyone on WVU's schedule and they may very well beat all those teams. However, this year I'm not so convinced of that due the fact that USC has beaten exactly zero teams that represent any quality at all. But since you want to compare schedules... Our opinions aside...

If ASU beat USC, they will have beaten 1 top 25 team and 1 team that is currently ranked 37.

If WVU beat UConn, they will have beaten 2 top 25 teams and 1 team that is currently ranked 35.

"The Pac 10 is tougher than the Big East"

Let's take a closer look at that statement.

The only evidence we have to examine here are head-to-head and like opponents. It's a small sampling but at least there's something, so let's...

Cincinnati (8-3, T-#3 Big East) manhandled Oregon St (7-4, #4 Pac 10) 34-3

Arizona State (#1 PAC 10) beat Oregon St 44-32

Washington (4-7, #8 Pac 10) stomped Syracuse (2-9, last Big East) 42-12

Ore St and Louisville (5-6, 7th Big East) both played Utah

Ore St won 24-7

Louisville lost 35-44

Cin and ASU both played SanDiego St.

ASU won by 21 at home 34-13.

Cincinnati won by 31 at SD St 54-23

Now, other than tradition and blind homerism there is really not a good reason to believe the PAC 10 is tougher than the Big East? Unless you consider the fact that Stanford must be pretty darn good because they knocked off mighty USC with their back-up QB. So I guess I'll give it to you based on the superior bottom feeders.

You said "For the record" didn't you? So if the PAC 10 champion was more deserving of a shot for the NC than Ohio State back then what has changed since both conference champions could have one loss?

I'll answer that for him. He very clearly stated that if ASU beat both Oregon and USC then... What has changed is the fact that, like he said, ASU did not beat Oregon. Turns out Oregon and maybe USC are the only quality teams on ASU's schedule and they haven't beaten either. The best they can do now is be 1-1 against "quality" opposition.

Please re-read my post , you'll understand it again if you take time to. :D

Yes, I said "For the record"..................specifically relating to ASU beating Oregon and USC , what is so confusing to understand about that statement. It didn't happen, so my feelings are not shared in any other circumstance.

2 PAC-10 (A) = 79.19

3 BIG EAST (A) = 78.88

4 BIG 12 (A) = 77.93

6 BIG TEN (A) = 75.41

Sorry, but the week in and week out conference games of the SEC and Pac 10 this year make it an unbalanced playing field.

In all honesty- you see yer Bucks getting thru ASU/USC/OREGON/CAL? they would be 2-2 AT BEST Bucks go4-0 no doubt, imo

I'll pass on those completely rediculous numbers you just threw out there without souce.

Let's keep to the only poll that really matters, The BCS obviously.

Big 10 has 6 top 36 teams

Pac 10 has 3 top 36 teams

Nuff said , really. Unless you want to try to find a source as more reliable then the BCS :D

Edited by theeohiostate

2 PAC-10 (A) = 79.19

3 BIG EAST (A) = 78.88

4 BIG 12 (A) = 77.93

6 BIG TEN (A) = 75.41

In all honesty- you see yer Bucks getting thru ASU/USC/OREGON/CAL? they would be 2-2 AT BEST

Since you're using numbers to make your point(although I have no idea where these come from) you should probably recognize the fact that the difference between the SEC and Pac 10 is 7 tenths, while the difference between the Pac 10 and Big East is a mere .31. The drop from there is almost a full point. Given this information you should probably leave the Pac 10 out of your above statement or I suppose you could just add the Big East to it. Either way would work I guess.

What has changed is the fact that, like he said, ASU did not beat Oregon. Turns out Oregon and maybe USC are the only quality teams on ASU's schedule and they haven't beaten either. The best they can do now is be 1-1 against "quality" opposition.

What has changed is that Ohio State is no longer safely in the #1 ranked BCS position.

The truth is back when TOS made those remarks, he like I'm sure many Buckeye fans, feared the thought of having to play LSU. This was just a weak attempt to bolster any team other than LSU as their opponent in the BCS NC. :D

What has changed is that Ohio State is no longer safely in the #1 ranked BCS position.

The truth is back when TOS made those remarks, he like I'm sure many Buckeye fans, feared the thought of having to play LSU. This was just a weak attempt to bolster any team other than LSU as their opponent in the BCS NC. :D

:D

GIve you props for trying to shove that load of bs, but simply put Oregon was the best team in the county, imo, when Dixon was healthy. As a true fan on the sport, I'd have rather seen my BUCKS face the better team, and we all can agree LSU , just ain't that team :wacko:

Edited by theeohiostate

I'll pass on those completely rediculous numbers you just threw out there without souce.

Let's keep to the only poll that really matters, The BCS obviously.

Big 10 has 6 top 36 teams

Pac 10 has 3 top 36 teams

Nuff said , really. Unless you want to try to find a source as more reliable then the BCS :D

Sagarin-

ranks teams/conferences all season, and his rankings are part of the BCS. Maybe it is just me, but the talk all year has been what is the best conference the SEC or Pac 10, with the Big 10 nowhere in sight. I watched alot of Big 10 games, and if you honestly think the qualiy of play was high you are out of yer mind.

Yet again, combine soft NC with a down Big 10

OU losing Dixon was brutal, no question- and you love to pull bad losses (UCLA/ND) out of yer ass- how about Wins?

Cal slid, but there win over Tennessee is STILL far better than any NC win the Big 10 can hang their hat on...........