[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please chime in on this trade

Furd

I've been quick to pooh-pooh "collusion posts" because you can't really prove it. A trade happened in a league that has caused a bit of controversy. Its not going to get vetoed. I'm just looking for some objective thoughts about it.

The situation involves a 4 team division in a twelve team league. The standings are:

Team A: 7-5

Team B: 7-5

Team C: 7-5

Team D: 6-6

Obviously, all teams are in the playoff hunt. None of these teams can really afford to lose another game, but Team D has to win the next two.

The trade involves A and B. I'm not going to post the whole rosters. Just the pertinent players:

A- Bulger, LT, Portis, Selvin Young, Dunn, Lendale White

B- Romo, Peterson (Minn), Larry Johnson, Kenton Keith, Fred Taylor, Duckett

This week, B plays C in a crucial matchup. Due to injuries, B has to start Keith and Taylor at RB. (Ironically, his opponent is starting Addai and Jones-Drew) B can't afford to lose. So the following trade is proposed - with attached comments:

Team B gave up: Romo, Tony DAL QB Duckett, T.J. DET RB Taylor, Fred JAC RB

Team A gave up: Bulger, Marc STL QB Dunn, Warrick ATL RB Young, Selvin DEN RB

Comments: Here is the deal, you probably only need 1 back up RB going into the playoffs that's White. You upgrade your playoff line up big time with Romo at QB. I get a serviceable QB and 2 RB's that will help. Also, we don't play for the rest of the season unless we both make the playoffs. With this deal you'll make it for sure, with this deal It gives me a shot of Peterson doesn't come back, because it looks like Johnsons out. This deal makes sense for us both despite being in the same division

While B doesn't play A the rest of the season, both C and D play A. Team C owner doesn't like it. Team D owner believes that, in part due to the comments, that there is a conspiracy afoot to keep him out of the playoffs. While arguably both teams are made stronger by the trade, the trade plugs the only real weak spot in A's lineup. And with A's lineup strengthed, his chances of beating both C and D have increased, which, of course greatly strengthens B chances of making the playoffs.

What do you think?

TIA.

I've been quick to pooh-pooh "collusion posts" because you can't really prove it. A trade happened in a league that has caused a bit of controversy. Its not going to get vetoed. I'm just looking for some objective thoughts about it.

The situation involves a 4 team division in a twelve team league. The standings are:

Team A: 7-5

Team B: 7-5

Team C: 7-5

Team D: 6-6

Obviously, all teams are in the playoff hunt. None of these teams can really afford to lose another game, but Team D has to win the next two.

The trade involves A and B. I'm not going to post the whole rosters. Just the pertinent players:

A- Bulger, LT, Portis, Selvin Young, Dunn, Lendale White

B- Romo, Peterson (Minn), Larry Johnson, Kenton Keith, Fred Taylor, Duckett

This week, B plays C in a crucial matchup. Due to injuries, B has to start Keith and Taylor at RB. (Ironically, his opponent is starting Addai and Jones-Drew) B can't afford to lose. So the following trade is proposed - with attached comments:

Team B gave up: Romo, Tony DAL QB Duckett, T.J. DET RB Taylor, Fred JAC RB

Team A gave up: Bulger, Marc STL QB Dunn, Warrick ATL RB Young, Selvin DEN RB

Comments: Here is the deal, you probably only need 1 back up RB going into the playoffs that's White. You upgrade your playoff line up big time with Romo at QB. I get a serviceable QB and 2 RB's that will help. Also, we don't play for the rest of the season unless we both make the playoffs. With this deal you'll make it for sure, with this deal It gives me a shot of Peterson doesn't come back, because it looks like Johnsons out. This deal makes sense for us both despite being in the same division

While B doesn't play A the rest of the season, both C and D play A. Team C owner doesn't like it. Team D owner believes that, in part due to the comments, that there is a conspiracy afoot to keep him out of the playoffs. While arguably both teams are made stronger by the trade, the trade plugs the only real weak spot in A's lineup. And with A's lineup strengthed, his chances of beating both C and D have increased, which, of course greatly strengthens B chances of making the playoffs.

What do you think?

TIA.

nothing at all wrong with that deal....and sometimes people will say things to get a deal done....the comments dont really matter much at all...and fwiw maybe the guy thinks he has a better shot at beating that team i the playoffs vs the other team :D

tell team C to take some Vitamin C and stop :D

fwiw that trade is the epitome of win win

Edited by keggerz

This is not collusion at all...Team B only stated the obvious, which was that they do not play each other the rest of the season. Sounds like C and D are tense as the race is tight, which is fine, but what is so wrong with this trade? If Team B was the commish and wrote that he'd change the schedule so they didn't play, that goes way mych further than collusion. This did not happen. B made an argument using valid points.

:D

Edited by The Wolf

Trade looks fine to me.

1. Neither team can be accused of collusion, since they ar both strengthening their teams....both teams probably said "Look, if we make this deal, it makes both our teams stronger...and it almost gurantees Team D will be eliminated, so we both make."...nothing wrong with that at all.

2. Team D feels its collusion because his playoff chances have been hurt...well no chit! Happens all the time. That's the idea of trading....to make your team stronger so you can get to the post-season and increase your chances of winning. Obviously, someone else's chances diminish when another team's chances increase.

Team D owner believes that, in part due to the comments, that there is a conspiracy afoot to keep him out of the playoffs.

Just a further thought on this.

Of course there is a conspiracy to keep him out of the playoffs. It's called the other teams improving themselves to make sure that they DO make it.

This is Sofa King We Todd Did.

Trades have been flying out of the woodwork in my local, with teams selling off next year's draft in spades to improve for the playoffs. I am the only team in playoff contention that didn't make a deal, and I went from being a clear favorite to being probably the third best team in my division (losing AD didn't help).

It happens. The guy should deal with it and make his own deals.