[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jordan owners sit tight

i_am_the_swammi

Sirius was just discussing the Raiders RB scenario, and that they may be activating Bush before today's 1:00PM deadline. To do so, they need to cut an existing player, and apparently, Jordan has asked for his release, due to being benched the last several weeks.

If Jordan is released, he can sign with any team...and Sirius was mentioning that KC & NE might be likely desitinations.

His value skyrockets if either of those scenarios takes place, so Jordan owners....sit tight!

PS...this was purely speculation, and we'll know in about 50 minutes if the 1st half of this scenario plays out.

Sirius was just discussing the Raiders RB scenario, and that they may be activating Bush before today's 1:00PM deadline. To do so, they need to cut an existing player, and apparently, Jordan has asked for his release, due to being benched the last several weeks.

If Jordan is released, he can sign with any team...and Sirius was mentioning that KC & NE might be likely desitinations.

His value skyrockets if either of those scenarios takes place, so Jordan owners....sit tight!

PS...this was purely speculation, and we'll know in about 50 minutes if the 1st half of this scenario plays out.

Thanks Swammi..Great post..I am in a quandry with Priest retiring and our free agent and trades deadline this week.

he wouldnt have to go thru waivers?

he wouldnt have to go thru waivers?

Wasn't mentioned during the conversation....they were making it sound like he would be given his outright release, and specualting on who might have interest.

If he would have to pass thru waivers, the team claiming him would have cut an existing player, and sign him to likely a one-year deal (Jordan would probably only agree to this). So it needs to be a team that wants him for just this season (theoretically to make a playoff push or fill a glaring need).

At 5-5, the Chiefs may be this team anyway....I am trying to think what other teams with sub-.500 records would want him for just the rest of the year, and at the expense of an existing player, and I can't really think of one.

Wasn't mentioned during the conversation....they were making it sound like he would be given his outright release, and specualting on who might have interest.

If he would have to pass thru waivers, the team claiming him would have cut an existing player, and sign him to likely a one-year deal (Jordan would probably only agree to this). So it needs to be a team that wants him for just this season (theoretically to make a playoff push or fill a glaring need).

At 5-5, the Chiefs may be this team anyway....I am trying to think what other teams with sub-.500 records would want him for just the rest of the year, and at the expense of an existing player, and I can't really think of one.

Houston could use RB help

you dont think he would actually play this week do you?

I guess that would depend on how similar the playbook is. KC has zero options beyond Smith at this point and I doubt they will try to rely on the passing game. I normally would not think so but in this situation?

you dont think he would actually play this week do you?

I doubt it but doubt if Al Davis would even want him on that team. Besides someone else would probably claim him.

I haven't heard many good things about Smith though either.

Who else is available?

Seriously, how bad is the Raider organization? They give up Moss for a 4th rounder, shuffle their starting line-up at RB and QB all the time to accomplish what exactly and now will probably release Jordan for nothing? Dumb azz teams like the Raiders, Dolphins and Rams only contribute to making the Pats look so darn smart.

Bush and Russell better pan out otherwise the Raider ineptitude could go on for another 5-10 years.