[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey! Pac 10 Homers!

BS Miscreant

Brut Sun Bowl

(Pac-10 No. 3 vs. Big 12/Notre Dame/Big East)

Word on the street(and talk radio) around here is that USF will be going to the Sun Bowl if they beat PITT this weekend. I don't know how true that is but man would I love that challenge. That would be a likely match-up with ASU, USC or Oregon. A nice little measuring stick for my Bulls and the Big East.

Now go ahead and beat my ass about what a thumping USF would take in any of those scenarios and here's hoping we have to address this again later. I might even be willing to do a sigline bet just for the entertainment value. I have stayed away from such bets but this would certainly be worthy.

GO BULLS!!! :D

Allow me to be the first not to congratulate you if you end up getting Oregon. That team is obviously not the same without Dixon.

I don't want a Dixonless Oregon. We'd kill them and get no credit.

Not sure, but I think if ASU loses to AZ then you will get ASU, and Oregon (with a win on 12/1) will go to SD for the Holiday bowl, as the #2 PAC10 team. Unless a win by ASU puts them in the Fiesta - still possible. Then I suppose either UCLA or Oregon goes to El Paso, depending on whether the Ducks can beat the Beavers without Dixon - talk about a big IF there. But would the Sun even take a 6-6 UCLA squad? Poor choices there all around.

All this assumes USC beats UCLA and gets the Rose, of course. And I can't say I'm 100% on that, but feeling much better after the Turkey Day massacre in the desert...

Not sure, but I think if ASU loses to AZ then you will get ASU, and Oregon (with a win on 12/1) will go to SD for the Holiday bowl, as the #2 PAC10 team. Unless a win by ASU puts them in the Fiesta - still possible. Then I suppose either UCLA or Oregon goes to El Paso, depending on whether the Ducks can beat the Beavers without Dixon - talk about a big IF there. But would the Sun even take a 6-6 UCLA squad? Poor choices there all around.

All this assumes USC beats UCLA and gets the Rose, of course. And I can't say I'm 100% on that, but feeling much better after the Turkey Day massacre in the desert...

I think the more likely scenario puts OSU as the Pac 10 #3. I may be wrong, but if ASU takes care of biz against UA, and OSU takes out Oregon- the Beavers are sitting there as the Pac 10 #3.

I think the more likely scenario puts OSU as the Pac 10 #3. I may be wrong, but if ASU takes care of biz against UA, and OSU takes out Oregon- the Beavers are sitting there as the Pac 10 #3.

Crap, I just checked and you're right - I forgot about that. Beavers and Bulls in El Paso - hmmm, intriguing.......

Oregon St does look like the likely opponent at this point because if they beat Oregon, which appears probable now. The Sun bowl committee will basically be choosing between OSU and OU with identical overall records. I can't imagine they would want OU after they lost their last three games. Don't get me wrong here because OSU/The Pac 10 is a step up from previous USF bowls but it has lost quite a bit of luster from when I originally posted this thread. I was thinking, USC would probably beat ASU and the big three this year would win out the rest of the way. That would leave them all with two losses and a 10-2 ASU team going to the Sun Bowl. But a wounded OU or an 8-4 OSU just isn't that exciting.

Now if OU recovers and looks good handling OSU then maybe that's something to get excited about.

Hell, I should just be happy that USF isn't going to the Meineke Car Care Bowl or the Papa Johns.com Bowl again. But I'm not.

And so it is... USF vs Oregon

Ducks getting 6.5

I don't imagine any of you out on the left coast will be going anywhere near that one. Bushey?

Mark me down as a willing sigline participant if the Bulls get a chance to get their a$$e$ kicked by a PAC 10 team. :D

The Ducks can beat your Bulls with their 3rd string QB. I'll take the bet.

Geez dude, are you sure? They got blanked by the stinking Bruins - when UCLA couldn't buy a decent QB for the day either - for crying out loud. Good luck with that...

The Ducks can beat your Bulls with their 3rd string QB. I'll take the bet.

Is that with or without the 6.5? Doesn't sound like you think they need it.

What's the bet? sigline, cash, pride, picking up the check on our next date...?

Geez dude, are you sure? They got blanked by the stinking Bruins - when UCLA couldn't buy a decent QB for the day either - for crying out loud. Good luck with that...

He's letting his heart instead of his brain do the talking. I don't think he likes me very much. But don't tell him I said that. :D I don't want it to effect his willingness to bet.

Is that with or without the 6.5? Doesn't sound like you think they need it.

What's the bet? sigline, cash, pride, picking up the check on our next date...?

He's letting his heart instead of his brain do the talking. I don't think he likes me very much. But don't tell him I said that. :wacko: I don't want it to effect his willingness to bet.

Oh baby .... I think I'm in love. You name the bet (other than the date thing. Not really into that but I'm sure Detlef would love to take it in the :D or the :D for you if that's your thing)

I'm perfectly content getting the 6.5 since you were the one that threw it out. If that's backpedaling I hear then hey, I understand.

Edited by theprofessor

I'm perfectly content getting the 6.5 since you were the one that threw it out. If that's backpedaling I hear then hey, I understand.

I didn't throw it out there. That's the line. I was merely mentioning it but I would be happy to give you the 6.5 since it will probably be more like two TDs if not worse.

I like the backpedaling thing. You think you're just so clever don't you?

Sigline?

Anyone else?

I didn't throw it out there. That's the line. I was merely mentioning it but I would be happy to give you the 6.5 since it will probably be more like two TDs if not worse.

I like the backpedaling thing. You think you're just so clever don't you?

Sigline?

Anyone else?

I was only stating that you offered the spread. Personally, I like the USF club, especially their fiery head coach. I just think that Oregon will play with a lot of emotion given the way they ended the season. I'm looking for an upset. If Oregon gets someone behind center that won't lose the game they have enough talent to upset the Bulls.

I was only stating that you offered the spread. Personally, I like the USF club, especially their fiery head coach. I just think that Oregon will play with a lot of emotion given the way they ended the season. I'm looking for an upset. If Oregon gets someone behind center that won't lose the game they have enough talent to upset the Bulls.

Wow! A civil response. I believe I will reciprocate.

No doubt Oregon has the talent to win this game if they get a good game from their QB. Likewise, I have no doubt that if USF shows up, and I mean really shows up ala their games against Auburn, WV, C Florida and Louisville they will handle, maybe even blowout the Ducks. You will probably think I'm nuts but I believe because of the Bulls speed and scheme that they would've presented Oregon's O, with Dixon, one of their toughest match-ups all year.

Apparently I'm not the only one who feels this way.

From Foxsports.com

Writer lists this as a bowl game with "Serious Dog Potential"

28. Brut Sun Bowl

South Florida vs. Oregon, Dec. 31

Back in September, this could've been considered a possible BCS matchup. Oregon has lost four straight bowl games and is on a three-game losing streak since QB Dennis Dixon went down. A decent showing against Oregon State aside, the offense is one-dimensional and mediocre after rocking and rolling through the first nine games. South Florida's defense will be cranked up to close out its year on a high note, and if it's on, this could quickly turn into an ugly blowout.

Stars of the show: 1) South Florida DE George Selvie, 2) Oregon RB Jonathan Stewart, 3) Oregon DE Nick Reed

The off-the-cuff initial prediction: South Florida 34, Oregon 17

Edited by BS Miscreant