[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hackett > Branch?

cre8tiff

I'd have to think without a doubt that DJ is the main man not only for now but the foreseeable future as well.

Don't forget that in the three games before Branch was injured he put up 122, 77, and 130 yards respectively. Granted, Hackett wasn't in those games either.

Don't put too much weight on Branch's first game back from a high ankle sprain. My guess is this becomes more of a 1a/1b with the edge to Hackett as the better red zone target. Defenses will be forced to adjust to Hackett if he keeps producing.

Hackett owners should also be aware that he has shown himself to be injury prone. He missed the end of last year with an ankle sprain as well.

and Irish is a lock with his picks...

Do we have a graemlin playing the violin? That'd be perfect here. :D

Hugh Engram fan here, but his production will peter out quite a bit as he returns to the #3 slot guy.

His production has been solid in the past couple of seasons when he played that role in the offseason. I traded S. Moss a couple of weeks ago in a ppr league because I got tired of eating bagels with Santana (or negatives like he gave me once this season) and take a guy that will catch 4 ball for 40 yards every week. That's 8 points that are always there with a solid slot man and while he's not winning me games, he's not feeding me badels either. Engram is a decent #3 receiver in a 14 team ppr league. I wasn't serious about him outscoring Hacket or Bracnh, just throwing his name into the conversation.

If the Seahawks continue this pass based gameplan, there is room for both to have solid numbers. Branch still hasn't worked with Hasselbeck nearly as much as Engram and Hackett, which is still hurting him in go-to situations. I'm not a Deion Branch "guy", but there is a good chance for production from the flanker in this offense. That said, I still give the edge to Hackett. He is getting better by the game at the small stuff, but still his greatest asset is ability to go up and get the ball down the field. He is almost certain to have one big play per game, which by itself makes him consistently startable in fantasy leagues.

On gamedays I always sport my Engram jersey. My second favorite Seahawk of this era, behind Hasselbeck. The Seahawks probably aren't going to need him to put up the numbers he has been putting up lately, but will still be the unsung MVP of this offense with five catches. It has been pretty cool watching him produce like he has been of late, especially after the thyroid thing from last year.

I think Branch is going to be hit-or-miss the rest of this season due a combination of the time he has missed and Hasselbeck's comfort level with the other targets. Next year I think we will be able to expect a pretty consistent year from Branch, entering his third year in the system.

Do we have a graemlin playing the violin? That'd be perfect here. :D

Me thinks the problem (besides your reputation) is you like to fancy yourself as a FF guru. You should probably give a rationale as to why you think one way or the other. We are all going to be wrong numerous times; that is the nature. But if you think that Hackett is going to be the man; a well thought out point or two wouldn't hurt your cause.

On gamedays I always sport my Engram jersey. My second favorite Seahawk of this era, behind Hasselbeck.

I puke a little inside my mouth every time I see Hasselbeck at a post game conference with a gay hat and an argyle sweater. However, he has carried this team to a 6-4 record (should be 7-3 or 8-2 ....whatever) with numerous practice squad receivers as his weapons through much of the year. Holmgren has been a bit reluctant to let unleash the hounds, but now it has come to the obvious. Hasselbeck is the best offensive weapon on the Hawks and he can fling it very effectively to a healthy group of WRs on this team.

In short, right now Seattle and Green Bay are very similar teams in the way they execute the game. I'd kind of like to call it smoke and mirrors, but how many other NFC teams are running the ball as the primary focus of their offense? Minnesota? Chicago?

Edited by bushwacked

Me thinks the problem (besides your reputation) is you like to fancy yourself as a FF guru. You should probably give a rationale as to why you think one way or the other. We are all going to be wrong numerous times; that is the nature. But if you think that Hackett is going to be the man; a well thought out point or two wouldn't hurt your cause.

Fair enough... First of all I just think that hasselbeck has built and continues to build a solid connection with Hackett. However, other than the great matchup this week against the Rams, Hackett has been blowing people up for several weeks now. The amount of times Hackett’s been thrown to each week has gone up from 9-10-13 times, while his receptions have gone up from 6-8-9 each week. His yardage totals have also gone up from 58-101-136 and on top of those impressive numbers he has scored in each week since he returned. Those stats are pretty impressive!!! I expect him to continue to post some very solid stats moving forward especially this week against a weaker opponent.

Fair enough... First of all I just think that hasselbeck has built and continues to build a solid connection with Hackett. However, other than the great matchup this week against the Rams, Hackett has been blowing people up for several weeks now. The amount of times Hackett’s been thrown to each week has gone up from 9-10-13 times, while his receptions have gone up from 6-8-9 each week. His yardage totals have also gone up from 58-101-136 and on top of those impressive numbers he has scored in each week since he returned. Those stats are pretty impressive!!! I expect him to continue to post some very solid stats moving forward especially this week against a weaker opponent.

Good work. But, one should realize that a fully healthy Hackett and a fully healthy Branch have played together for about...0 quarters of football this year. When either one is healthy, they put up some good numbers.

+1 :D

exactly why I kept him on my bench till he was ready to play.....Hasselbeck likes the bigger reciever who at 6-2,206 lbs is in his third yr.....Branch will draw some good games as well and they will probabaly end up about the same in FF points....but my money is on Hackett to nudge all receivers to include Engram

Deion Branch. The 6.5 million dollar man. You have to hand it to the guy. He parlayed one decent season and a Superbowl MVP into serious cash. He's still waiting for a thousand yard season, and his high TD total for a year is 5, which he did once. I'm pretty sure that, even in his best year he wasn't a top 20 WR. 6.5 mil a year for that?

I don't think that Branch has ever been the #1 guy and I doubt that this changes with a healthy Hackett. Hackett has 3 TDs in 4 games. I'm willing to bet that even in this abbreviated season for him he eclipses Branch's career high year in TDs.

1a and 1b is probably a good assumption.

I had both until recently and traded Branch away. With the playoffs looming I feel more comfortable starting DJ due to the fact Hasselback has become very comfortable with him and this probably wont change the rest of the season.

You can't go wrong either way though, considering Holmgrem has decided to go to the air and plans to keep it that way.

1a and 1b is probably a good assumption.

I had both until recently and traded Branch away. With the playoffs looming I feel more comfortable starting DJ due to the fact Hasselback has become very comfortable with him and this probably wont change the rest of the season.

You can't go wrong either way though, considering Holmgrem has decided to go to the air and plans to keep it that way.

+1...in this offense, I think both will do well...

Don't forget that in the three games before Branch was injured he put up 122, 77, and 130 yards respectively. Granted, Hackett wasn't in those games either.

Don't put too much weight on Branch's first game back from a high ankle sprain. My guess is this becomes more of a 1a/1b with the edge to Hackett as the better red zone target. Defenses will be forced to adjust to Hackett if he keeps producing.

Hackett owners should also be aware that he has shown himself to be injury prone. He missed the end of last year with an ankle sprain as well.

Hackett goes out with the same ankle injured.....Branch gets 90+ yards and a TD.