[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stoops to Michigan?

theeohiostate

Seems like Michigan's short list to fill the vancancy left by Carr's retirement has Oklahoma's Bob Stoops and Iowa's Kirk Ferentz , as well as Les Miles.

I can see Sarge now :D

Sarge, you can't deny it'd be an offer Stoops would consider, Michigan is the winningest program in history and the job is a good one.

Edited by theeohiostate

Seems like Michigan's short list to fill the vancancy left by Carr's retirement has Oklahoma's Bob Stoops and Iowa's Kirk Ferentz , as well as Les Miles.

Sarge, you can't deny it'd be an offer Stoops would consider, Michigan is the winningest program in history and the job is a good one.

RR is on that list also

Why would Stoops leave the riches at OU, for Michigan. He already turned down FLA, which is a 10 times better job than Michigan. No way in hell Stoops leaves OU for Michigan. His next stop is in the NFL, imo. Stoops is in the thick of things every year in Norman, and is being paid sick money.

Sarge brings up a very good point... and it is the same with Ferentz, and that is the money situation. Michigan is notoriously cheap when it comes to coaches, and both Stoops and Ferentz are 2 of the highest paid coaches in all of college football. Ferentz is the highest paid coach in the Big Ten. So in other words, Michigan will have to spend a LOT of money to get either one of them, plus all of the buy outs they'll have to do with the current assistants, cuz the new coach will want his own staff, and rightfully so. That said, there aren't any better candidates for the job than Stoops and Ferentz. Both know how to handle the media a billion times better than Lloyd Carr could, plus both are of high integrity, which you can say what you want about Michigan Football, but believe me, that is what the boys in blue up there want.

As far as this Sooner fan is concerned Mich. can have Stoops sooooooooooo long as we are GUARATEED to get Leach. I believe that Stoops has forgotten everything he learned udner Spurrier and Synder and what led him the a NC in '00. JMO and FWIW if KU were to beat Mizzuo I'm gonna find it hard to root agaisnt Mangino, I'd kinda like to see KU play for the NC. :D

As far as this Sooner fan is concerned Mich. can have Stoops sooooooooooo long as we are GUARATEED to get Leach. I believe that Stoops has forgotten everything he learned udner Spurrier and Synder and what led him the a NC in '00. JMO and FWIW if KU were to beat Mizzuo I'm gonna find it hard to root agaisnt Mangino, I'd kinda like to see KU play for the NC. :D

This has got to be a joke. You want Mike "no defense" Leach as our next coach. This guy has a brillant offensive mind, but defense wins when it matters, and he doesnt have a clue about defense. No way I want a coach like this. If Stoops ever left, I hope the administration is bringing in another defensive minded coach. No way Id want Mike Martz II aka Mike Leach coaching my football team.

And no matter what, I never want my Sooners to lose. This isnt the pros, where the lesser the record the better the draft position. Im still in mourning after the Texas Tech loss. No way I want to go back to the Gary Gibbs or Howard S. days of losing week in week out, ever again. A true fan never wants to see his team lose, no matter what.

BTW,

Stoops says QB Bradford cleared to play against Oklahoma State

Associated Press

Updated: November 22, 2007, 9:15 PM ET

NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford, who sustained a concussion in last weekend's game at Texas Tech, has been cleared by physicians to play in Saturday's bedlam game against Oklahoma State, coach Bob Stoops said Thursday.

"Everything has checked out and barring any unforeseen circumstances Sam will play this week," Stoops says in a news release from the school.

Bradford, the nation's top-rated passer, was injured in the first quarter of Oklahoma's 34-27 loss at Texas Tech, which knocked the Sooners (9-2, 5-2 Big 12) out of national title contention. He has thrown for 2,520 yards and 28 touchdowns with only six interceptions this season.

Backup quarterback Joey Halzle completed 21 of 41 passes for 291 yards with two touchdowns and one interception in relief of Bradford against Tech.

Stoops didn't release additional information about injured defensive end Auston English, who is doubtful for Saturday. English has missed the past two games with a hairline fracture in his leg.

Oklahoma also will be without leading rusher DeMarco Murray (knee), defensive end Alan Davis (concussion) and backup receiver Adron Tennell (knee).

The Sooners could claim the Big 12 South division title with a victory over instate rival Oklahoma State (6-5, 4-3), and the win would propel them into the Big 12 championship game against the winner of the north division in San Antonio on Dec. 1.

This has got to be a joke. You want Mike "no defense" Leach as our next coach. This guy has a brillant offensive mind, but defense wins when it matters, and he doesnt have a clue about defense. No way I want a coach like this. If Stoops ever left, I hope the administration is bringing in another defensive minded coach. No way Id want Mike Martz II aka Mike Leach coaching my football team.

And no matter what, I never want my Sooners to lose. This isnt the pros, where the lesser the record the better the draft position. Im still in mourning after the Texas Tech loss. No way I want to go back to the Gary Gibbs or Howard S. days of losing week in week out, ever again. A true fan never wants to see his team lose, no matter what.

Leach has produced sick Offensive numbers with pretty much every team he has been Assc. with, Kentucky (Tim Couch), KSU, OU, TT......

All this with lesser talent. Has Leach ever been in a situation to possibly land more than 5, 5 star recruits(in a year)? At any CFB powerhouse his recruting pull/power would not be the magnintude 2-3 like at TT but to the tune of a 8-9. With this comes the ability to get those players on D that can produce, all I'm saying is that Stoops has been in the cat bird seat in the Big 12, and since his Bro left and Mangenius went to KU, OU is 0-fer in BCS bowl games. Either Stoops reaches down and reinstalls his nuts in his sack and starts being the HC at OU, or he needs to go. Seems to me just maybe Bob needs to crawl in Venables butt and come out his mouth or any other coach on staff for that matter....I dont know what needs to be done, but losing to BSU last year, CU and TT this year, which IMO is inferior talent shows a lack of preperation, ie: the coaching.....All the reasons OU was in the spotlight left, Mangino to KU, Leach to TT, Stoops to AZ, two OFF Cord and a D Cord, wheres that leave Stoops? IMO looking stupid......Then theres the sayers: Oh we can still win the Big 12 and play in a BCS bowl, hell if we do, I hope Sonner nation is prepared for another loss....

Dont get me wrong I like what Stoops has done at OU, but just maybe he had the right Staff under him that made he appear to be the Savior. A group of Synder's boys come to OU and bam we win a NC from outta nowhere, agreed it was with D, but you have to admit if and its a big if, if Leach ever gets a top 20 D at TT the nation will have to look out for the RR's. Mangino is an Off minded coach, whose D has held oppents to a mere 156 points this year opposed to the 504 they have scored. They are the least pentalized team in CFB, hell maybe Mangino was the genuis behind OU.

I don't know what is up with OU football as of late, but it needs to change......You know Sarge that OU should be undefeated but we have 2 losses in inferior teams, something has to give! Maybe its parity, hell its been all aover CFB this year OSU vs ILL, USC vs STanford, USF vs WVU, etc take your pick, but IMO winning at OU isnt an option its expected, just as OSU, SC, Mich, ND, Alabama( all numerous CF champs) fans expect to win; any traditional CFB power can expect no less

Hows the saying go??? Winning isnt everything? its the ONLY thing........

Rant over..........

I hear you, but Leach isnt the answer. No way, no how. Look at Macky Mack in Austin. he doesnt win them all either. Inferior talent, that is hyped and ready to shock the world, can beat over confident talent, that is reading its press clippings. And yes this is a coaching fault. But just like Carroll at SC, it happens. This OU team is very young. 2 of the 3 best players on offense are red shirt freshman. The other is a Junior WR. The OL hasnt played well as of late, and that is concerning. There isnt a Senior on D that will be missed next yr. If this happens next yr, Ill agree something needs to change. But none of us had expectations for this yr, with a red shirt freshman at QB. he has exceeded all expectations. #1 pass efficency QB in the nation. No one predicted that. Bradford had a terrible game vs Colorado, and was knocked out vs Tech. That to me is the difference in undefeated and 2 loses. No excuses, you have to play solid every week to win, as teams have too many athletes to just let you walk over them like in the 80's or 90's.

OU is ahead of the curve where most Sooner fans thought we would be. Stoops is a major reason why. Im not about to show him the door. I agree we lost NC games we shouldnt have, but Carroll lost one he shouldnt have as well to Texas.

My rant is over as well........

I can't believe that I'm seeing an OU fan actually wanting Stoops gone. Are you kidding me? Maybe you forgot the barrell you guys got scraped out of thanks to Iowa's own Bobby Stoops. I mean I'm sorry, but that is acting spoiled. Particularly when you won a National Championship in 2000, went to the title game in 2003 and 2004. Big 12 Titles in 00, 02, 04, and 06. It is hard to win a national championship. Extremely hard. And it isn't easy to win conference championships, something that Stoops has done 50 percent of the time he's been head coach there, AND with a win over OK State, has a chance to increase that. You need to put things in perspective I think. Oklahoma was a running joke thorughout the 90's, and not exactly known for having the cleanest programs in the Barry Switzer. Stoops restored everything for you guys, and what, top 10 finishes every year cept for 1 year, his FIRST. You kidding me?

I can't believe that I'm seeing an OU fan actually wanting Stoops gone. Are you kidding me? Maybe you forgot the barrell you guys got scraped out of thanks to Iowa's own Bobby Stoops. I mean I'm sorry, but that is acting spoiled. Particularly when you won a National Championship in 2000, went to the title game in 2003 and 2004. Big 12 Titles in 00, 02, 04, and 06. It is hard to win a national championship. Extremely hard. And it isn't easy to win conference championships, something that Stoops has done 50 percent of the time he's been head coach there, AND with a win over OK State, has a chance to increase that. You need to put things in perspective I think. Oklahoma was a running joke thorughout the 90's, and not exactly known for having the cleanest programs in the Barry Switzer. Stoops restored everything for you guys, and what, top 10 finishes every year cept for 1 year, his FIRST. You kidding me?

Good points you make in your post, and yeah you are right Stoops did trun the program around, I just think the program needs to be shaken up, all the past coordinators under stoops have went on to HC jobs, that in its self speaks volumes for Stoops, may he (stoops) needs to shake up the coaching staff, OU's players are making stupid mistakes (meantal mistakes), which has cost us two games thus far. Better preparation by caoches and players can erase a big % of this.

I just dont know.....hell if I had the answer i would probaly be a coach!

Why would Stoops leave the riches at OU, for Michigan. He already turned down FLA, which is a 10 times better job than Michigan. No way in hell Stoops leaves OU for Michigan. His next stop is in the NFL, imo. Stoops is in the thick of things every year in Norman, and is being paid sick money.

Your probably right, he wouldnt come to AA, But florida a 10 times better job......I dont think so...