[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jon Kitna

capostatus

i really thought kitna would put up waaaaay better numbers this yr. drafted him in 1 league and traded for him in the other when i was desperate for a QB. turns out i couldve just gotten one on FA that puts up more pts.

i thought the niners O-line was bad but the lions must be worse.....kitna gets sacked all the time

it aint helpin that roy williams has been so non existant.......is he just not gettin open or does kitna not have any time to look for him? i havent seen many lions games this yr so perhaps a few homers can chime in

i might be lookin at benchin him

i really thought kitna would put up waaaaay better numbers this yr. drafted him in 1 league and traded for him in the other when i was desperate for a QB. turns out i couldve just gotten one on FA that puts up more pts.

i thought the niners O-line was bad but the lions must be worse.....kitna gets sacked all the time

it aint helpin that roy williams has been so non existant.......is he just not gettin open or does kitna not have any time to look for him? i havent seen many lions games this yr so perhaps a few homers can chime in

i might be lookin at benchin him

I was also high on Kitna and have had to find other options in 2 leagues. I thought he would be a lot more explosive with the weapons he has. Oh well it is what it is!

Kitna has been putting up decent numbers most of the season outside of 2 bad games. He had a couple of huge games as well. The O line is bad and Kitna cant avoid the rush very well. One touch and he seems to go down. The resurgence of Kevin Jones is taking some of the passing TD's away from Kitna as well. He was ranked as the 13th QB in my league going into this week so hes better than over half of the other QB's in the league.

Detroit has been running a lot (way more than they should be running with a still questionable Kevin Jones in the backfied and Pro-Bowl caliber Receivers itching to make a difference). I'm not sure what that is all about... bu apparently Martz has a thing about needing to rush more times than the opposing team, regardless of whether that makes sense during that particular game or not. There were times yesterday when I was saying out loud, "Seriously? You're still running the ball?" :D

But even when they do pass the ball, it just looks like a combination of innaccuracy and dropped balls (with probably a lot more innaccuracy on Kitna's part). That's mostly on Kitna, but is also more likely to happen when you don't get your Receivers involved in the game more often.

When I was watching the game it reminded me a lot of when he played for the Bengals.

Move the ball,move the ball,can't finish the drive and settle for a FG.I can't help but think that things might have played out differently had 2 of the first 4 FG's gone for TD's.

Penalties have been a big drive killer for the Lions as well. They seem to get themselves into a lot of third and long situations, and I'm talking about 3rd and 10 to 20+ long.

I drafted Kitna to be my starter in two leagues. In one, I traded Cutler for Hasselbeck in a keeper league back in Week 10, and I've been rolling with Hass ever since. In the other, I drafted Matt Schaub as my backup. Now that he's reasonably healthy and Andre Johnson is back, he's a decent option. I thought about starting him this week, but Kitna's floor and ceiling are both a lot higher than most of the other (non-stud) QBs out there. Obviously 224 with 1 TD and 1 INT isn't great, but it's not like we got completely stiffed.

I'm just curious why people expected Kitna to all of a sudden be this superstud fantasy QB. Has anybody not seen his entire body of work?

martz offense + another yr in system + roy williams + addition of calvin johnson

i mean he was ranked a top 10 QB in fantasy pts last season and i expected him to at least equal last yr's #s with the drafting of calvin

question is should i try to trade for derek anderson now? theres a team that has romo & anderson and shes lookin to unload anderson. i dont know who i could offer for him......her team is directly ahead of mine right now. i could maybe try and trade holmes but in this league we can start 5 WR and all my receivers are huge assets to have (plus its PPR). kitna hasnt been horrible but i dont know if he can put up the points i expected.

I was also high on Kitna and have had to find other options in 2 leagues. I thought he would be a lot more explosive with the weapons he has. Oh well it is what it is!

I had Kitna and Brady in a keeper league last year and decided to keep Kitna this year since he was much cheaper and could "put up similar numbers" :D:D

DK said all that needs to be said. His OL is horrible. So, how often has the guy been able to get into a groove and complete 5+ passes in a row?

Add that to Martz's offense and the patterns he asks the WR's to run (many are long developing routes) and you get mediocrity. Martz almost got Bulger killed and I have no idea how Kitna is not quite banged up by this point.

Kitna has been brutalized in that offense - sadly such is the mark of a Martz offensive line. He has been sacked 44 times - the #2 in the NFL is Roethlisberger with only 30. Kitna also ranks #3 with 5 lost fumbles and #2 with 12 interceptions. For leagues with negative points on turnovers, that's pretty hard to take.

I drafted him too and then drafted Favre later, so that's turned out OK. As far as Williams goes, I am surprised he doesn't get more looks - is he really #1 there?

+1 - I did too in UFFDA. I think I only played Kitna once or twice early in the year. Kitna will ride the bench the rest of the way...

detroit homer here. kitna isn't the problem with our offense, but he's a big part. he is a metahead and it almost seems like he likes taking the hits that sack him. it's a toughness thing.

week to week, the gameplans are so dramatically different, you don't know if you'll see all pass or all run.

word this last week is that the owner demnaded they throw more to CJ.

i would avoid kitna, jones and willimas and would start CJ as a #3 WR. hanson is safe and predictable too.