[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL REFS are CHEATERS!

Grits and Shins

I meant to post this last week.

The rule is cut and dried ... no review on field goals.

Yet last week in the CLE-BAL game they reversed the call on the field of NO FIELD GOAL after 15 minutes of deliberation. Did a ref on the field actually stick his head under a hood and review the play, no ... but he got on the horn with the guy in the booth and took his cue from him.

This is a blatant selective intrepretation of the rules.

:D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Refs miss calls. It happens. Nobody's perfect.

If the rules state they can review a play, they should. If rules state that they can't, call stands. Easy.

The refs reviewed that FG by Dawson. Head ref may or may not have stuck his head under the review booth, but they were looking at it on the reply on the large JumboTron at Ravens stadium.

Ravens had a game at Cincy earlier in the year (MNF opening week). During that game, the refs clearly missed a pass interference call on Todd Heap in the end zone that would have resulted in a game winning/or tieing TD. They were unable to go back and reverse that call. Play stood, Ravens lost. I mainly watch only Ravens games, but I'm sure that refs miss calls in other games too.

Refs shouldn't be able to override NFL rules on how to call plays.

They didn't review the play, learn the facts before you make a post. One official under the goalpost said he knew it hit the back post, but the other official over ruled him. Once they discussed it, they made the correct call. Review didnt have anything to do with it.

So you are okay with the ref.s selectively choosing which rules they'd like to enforce and when?

They didn't review the play, learn the facts before you make a post. One official under the goalpost said he knew it hit the back post, but the other official over ruled him. Once they discussed it, they made the correct call. Review didnt have anything to do with it.

Yes they did. They were watching the reply on the screen at Ravens stadium.

The head ref went over and put on a head set ... why did he do that? He did that because he was talking to the guy in the review booth. In addition they could see on the Jumbo Tron that they got it wrong.

If it had been a matter of one ref seeing it one way and another seeing it differently it would not have taken 15 minutes.

The refs cheated. They used instant review to determine the FG was good when the rules clearly prohibit them from doing so. The head ref on the field doesn't have to stick his head under the hood for it to be instant review. The ref in the booth can review it too.

Can't remember where I read this but apparently when the ref called upstairs the review official told him it was not a reviewable call and he couldn't discuss the play with him.

That's when they huddled up to discuss again. I think the question is did any of the referees see the replay on the JumboTron and use that in their discussion.

Can't remember where I read this but apparently when the ref called upstairs the review official told him it was not a reviewable call and he couldn't discuss the play with him.

That's when they huddled up to discuss again. I think the question is did any of the referees see the replay on the JumboTron and use that in their discussion.

Thats what I heard too on Sirius last week. When the ref called up, the replay official told him he would have to confer with his crew and come up with a call. The official that "saw it hit the backbar" was adamant in what he saw and the field goal was called good.

Thats what I heard too on Sirius last week. When the ref called up, the replay official told him he would have to confer with his crew and come up with a call. The official that "saw it hit the backbar" was adamant in what he saw and the field goal was called good.

Sorry ... I don't buy it ... this sounds like damage control to me; i.e. a story they made up to cover up the fact that they cheated.

Yep. How can you be mad when they get the call right when a game hinges on it? F the rules it's common sense.

Rules are NOT made to be flexible. Why? Because if they are selectively enforced that means they get it right sometimes and sometimes they don't. Why didn't they break the rules and review the bogus call on Heap referred to earlier in this thread?

There are other "judgement calls" by ref.s that are not reviewable ... why should this one be treated any different. There are games in the past where the results likely would have been changed had the ref.s broke the rules and reviewed the play ... why should Cleveland get an exception other teams don't? Is it because somebody paid the refs?

Rules are NOT made to be flexible. Why? Because if they are selectively enforced that means they get it right sometimes and sometimes they don't. Why didn't they break the rules and review the bogus call on Heap referred to earlier in this thread?

There are other "judgement calls" by ref.s that are not reviewable ... why should this one be treated any different. There are games in the past where the results likely would have been changed had the ref.s broke the rules and reviewed the play ... why should Cleveland get an exception other teams don't? Is it because somebody paid the refs?

I believe the officials called up and were told they couldn't review it. What makes this call different from any others is the officials probably didn't know it wasn't reviewable. How many times of all your years of watching football have you seen a field goal hit one upright, bounce onto the backbar, and bounce back out? Would you have known it wasn't reviewable if you had been the ref?

1 ref said it was good ,1 said it was bad.They went under the hood to see if they could review and were told no.The ref who said it went through won over the ref who said it didnt by convincing the head official.

Edited by xtra