[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver planning on life without Selvin and Travis this weekend.

MTSuper7

Yet again, the most frustrating backfield in fantasy football history is at it again. Sounds like Selvin is safe when he's healthy though and that this is temporary. However, Shanahan's history dictates that if either Andre Hall or Mike Bell plays well in Chicago, we might be seeing more of them next week. Ugh!!!

:D

Yet again, the most frustrating backfield in fantasy football history is at it again. Sounds like Selvin is safe when he's healthy though and that this is temporary. However, Shanahan's history dictates that if either Andre Hall or Mike Bell plays well in Chicago, we might be seeing more of them next week. Ugh!!!

Huh? Are you saying Selvin is out? Where is this coming from? Any quotes you could be helpful to what you are trying to say.

Huh? Are you saying Selvin is out? Where is this coming from? Any quotes you could be helpful to what you are trying to say.

Selvin Young (knee) missed a second straight day of practice Thursday.

With FB Kyle Johnson signed, it appears that the Broncos are fearing that both Young and Travis Henry could miss the game. Check back on Friday for Young's status.

Life without Henry maybe.....

Rotoworld: Broncos RB Selvin Young is expected to practice today. The Denver Post also reports that Travis Henry will likely miss Sunday's game. Young's return would be a great sign that he is poised to start against what has become a very lax run defense. We'll have an update on both his and Henry's status later today.

Kyle Johnson is a fullback with less than 5 carries in his 2 years in Denver.

He catches the ball well out of the backfield though. My only guess for why they signed Kyle would be if they needed to move Sapp up to the running back spot, or they needed help on special teams.

Kyle Johnson is a fullback with less than 5 carries in his 2 years in Denver.

He catches the ball well out of the backfield though. My only guess for why they signed Kyle would be if they needed to move Sapp up to the running back spot, or they needed help on special teams.

article said they signed Johnson to play fullback in order to move Mike Bell to tailback (presumably to back-up Hall, if he starts in place of Young).

But at this point, everything is moot....they need some extra bodies to practice. The real proof will come when they announce the inactives on Sunday.

I'm guessing Young plays, based on his ability to get back in the game after the injury last week. They are most likely giving him some rest this week to ensure the injury is fully healed, and to not risk any further damage going forward.

Logic does say this: at 5-5 and the division title at stake the next several weeks, they will play their best players....and at this point, Young is by far their best tailback.

From KFFL Friday afternoon:

Broncos | Young hopes to play Week 12

Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:04:11 -0800

Bill Williamson, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos RB Selvin Young (knee) practiced Friday, Nov. 23, and hopes to play Week 12.

He practiced....looks like another infamous game-time decision.

I bless the day I swore off Denver RBs. :D

The only thing making the Denver RB situation bad this season is injury.

When Henry starts he gets almost every carry.

When Young starts he gets almost every carry.

You are implying that Shanny is playing games at the RB position. When in reality he plays no games this year unless there is an injury. Only reason Hall got a lot of carries last week was cause Young got hurt.

The only thing making the Denver RB situation bad this season is injury.

When Henry starts he gets almost every carry.

When Young starts he gets almost every carry.

You are implying that Shanny is playing games at the RB position. When in reality he plays no games this year unless there is an injury. Only reason Hall got a lot of carries last week was cause Young got hurt.

There is always injury (one reason for swearing off them) and when there isn't, there is shanahanigans (the other reason for swearing off them). I had a very good year last year and am having another this year. Coincidence? I think not.

There is always injury (one reason for swearing off them) and when there isn't, there is shanahanigans (the other reason for swearing off them). I had a very good year last year and am having another this year. Coincidence? I think not.

this isn't true....

when a RB stands out and can pass block, he starts....when there is injury, the next best available steps in..

this isn't true....

when a RB stands out and can pass block, he starts....when there is injury, the next best available steps in..

Sure. That's why there were endless threads on here last year about the Denver RB carousel, because it isn't true.

Sure. That's why there were endless threads on here last year about the Denver RB carousel, because it isn't true.

you might look at just last year...but I'm looking at the past 6 years or so when people questioned their backfield repeatedly...

last year wasn't a good year for Denver RB's...mostly because of Tatum Bell...

you can't blame injuries, because it's a natural thing and there is no way to predict them...

regardless if there is an injury to their starting RB every year....the backup is worth stashing, I play to win....some people play not to lose...

I've won my local with Portis and Droughns as my RB and usually enter the playoffs with a Denver RB as my starter....to each his own...

I had Travis Henry since draft day and Selvin Young since week 4 - and I'm 6-6 and most likely out of the playoffs.

I've been screwed at RB since I decided to get involved in this rat of a running game, never again.

Steer Clear of Denver

I'm sure Selvin will play, when he got injured he went out and then came back in 10 minutes later.. he has to stop being feminine.

Edited by mibar22

I love how everybody is all like "steer clear of denver"

"lol @ having a denver rb"

"shanny will screw all fantasy owners" etc

fact of the matter is injury is the only thing to effect who is running the ball

henry had the job till he got hurt..

selvin young was his backup despite half the people here laughing at the notion. he has looked better then henry imo when given the bulk of the carries

selvin would (and if healthy will) be the primary ball carrier in henrys absence

if selvin cant go, hall looks like he may be good plugin

you cant predict injury or drug use

shanny has had little if no affect on the changing of rbs

you guys keep "avoiding denver rbs" and ill keep scooping em up off the wire and plugin them in all the way to the superbowl

fact of the matter is injury is the only thing to effect who is running the ball

selvin young was his backup despite half the people here laughing at the notion. he has looked better then henry imo when given the bulk of the carries

selvin would (and if healthy will) be the primary ball carrier in henrys absence

you guys keep "avoiding denver rbs" and ill keep scooping em up off the wire and plugin them in all the way to the superbowl

It's always somethin with the Denver running game.

you should steer TO Denver RBs. Where else can you find a third stringer that can put up the same type numbers as the first stringer. All this garbage about Shanny is pure urban legend. He takes his starter and runs him almost exclusively. Last year was the exception and almost the only year he didn't just feed the normal starter. The years when Droughns, Anderson, Gary etc were running it was cause other guys got hurt.

If Henry is cleared and plays again next year, only reason he wouldn't be a top 10 RB is injury. I won't draft Henry exclusively for that reason, not cause of Shanny.

Edited by SteelerMurf