[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Grant

FantasyGuy20

He goes over 100 yards and a TD on just 15 carries against a top 10 rush defense. He had some pretty nice runs where he cut back almost the entire field. I was surprised he didn't get more touches in the 3rd/4th when the game was in hand for the Pack, but Favre was just on fire.

Can he keep it up against Dallas or will GB run even less next week? I bet he can't wait to play OAK in two weeks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He goes over 100 yards and a TD on just 15 carries against a top 10 rush defense. He had some pretty nice runs where he cut back almost the entire field. I was surprised he didn't get more touches in the 3rd/4th when the game was in hand for the Pack, but Favre was just on fire.

Can he keep it up against Dallas or will GB run even less next week? I bet he can't wait to play OAK in two weeks.

Psst. The Lions are a top 10 run defense because teams can pass on them.

Psst. The Lions are a top 10 run defense because teams can pass on them.

Psst the lions still only yield a 3.7 YPC which is good for a tie for 4th best in the NFL and the lions have faced the 11th most(tie) rushing attempts in the leauge

Edited by keggerz

Psst the lions still only yield a 3.7 YPC which is good for a tie for 4th best in the NFL and the lions have faced the 11th most(tie) rushing attempts in the leauge

Don't confuse me with facts and statistics. Let me wallow in the Lions misery.

But....do you think GB will still be going after another RB for next season?? I hope this guy starts next year - any news homers?

I haven't heard anything. TT is hard to predict and doesn't say much. He usually surprises.

I would expect he continues with mosty defensive picks and takes a RB later in the draft. He seems to like trading down and grabbing more picks.

I haven't heard anything. TT is hard to predict and doesn't say much. He usually surprises.

I would expect he continues with mosty defensive picks and takes a RB later in the draft. He seems to like trading down and grabbing more picks.

Thanks man....I'd love to keep this guy in my FFL next year - he looks good! Good enough to the point where I don't know why they'd be in need of another back.

Edited by joeyb7

Thanks man....I'd love to keep this guy in my FFL next year - he looks good! Good enough to the point where I don't know why they'd be in need of another back.

I'd keep him. Ted Thompson doesn't like free agents much or going after glamor picks. He is a build it through the draft kind of GM and though he got Grant through a trade (6th round)I doubt he'll go after anyone big. That isn't his style.

I don't see the Packers going out of their way to acquire another RB next season. Grant is playing very well, and there's no reason to give up on Brandon Jackson yet, especially since he was expected to be raw in the first place. I think if a guy falls to them in the draft that they would be crazy to pass on, they'll take him, but other than that, they'll probably roll with what they have.

I benched him for Earnest Graham this week. :D

Not a bad move considering matchup and history. I have peoblems with those who start players with bad matchups and then say they knew they'd do well the whole time.

Besides there is this-

Earnest Graham (probable, ankle) practiced without restrictions Friday.

He faces next to no competition for carries with Michael Pittman (ankle) all but certain to be inactive. Graham's a fine RB2 play versus Washington.

Too early to tell as of yet. Wait til he gets in the 4th quarter of a tight game before claiming "The Kid is Good". It is a lot easier to run when the whole defense is playing the pass than it is if they are trying to stop the run.

Too early to tell as of yet. Wait til he gets in the 4th quarter of a tight game before claiming "The Kid is Good". It is a lot easier to run when the whole defense is playing the pass than it is if they are trying to stop the run.

True...but none of the other RBs Green Bay has used have been this efficient. Wynn was OK, but not this consistent.

True...but none of the other RBs Green Bay has used have been this efficient. Wynn was OK, but not this consistent.

No and the team is developing the running game. Good is a relative word. They aren't going out and signing a better back. McCarthy will make the running game work. This is a young team.

Grant started 4 games

KC 2.9 average against #17 in rushing defense

MN 4.8 #1 defense

CAR 4.4 #20

DET 6.7 #8

No and the team is developing the running game. Good is a relative word. They aren't going out and signing a better back. McCarthy will make the running game work. This is a young team.

Grant started 4 games

KC 2.9 average against #17 in rushing defense

MN 4.8 #1 defense

CAR 4.4 #20

DET 6.7 #8

those 4 D's are ranked in the top 5 in YPC allowed ranging from 2.9(minn) to 3.8 KC (balt is # 1 allowing only 2.7 YPC)

those 4 D's are ranked in the top 5 in YPC allowed ranging from 2.9(minn) to 3.8 KC (balt is # 1 allowing only 2.7 YPC)

That's true and Carolina and Detroit are tied at 4th. Green Bay isn't a "we're going to run try and stop it" smash mouth team but as the game progresses find a way to make it work.

Dallas is 3rd so this will be a good test. I believe again they will use the pass to open up the run. If they can run out the clock late in the game(when the opposition knows you will run) more people will be beievers.

That's true and Carolina and Detroit are tied at 4th. Green Bay isn't a "we're going to run try and stop it" smash mouth team but as the game progresses find a way to make it work.

Dallas is 3rd so this will be a good test. I believe again they will use the pass to open up the run. If they can run out the clock late in the game(when the opposition knows you will run) more people will be beievers.

he seems like a good kid and i hope he can continue his success....i know after the denver game I think it was you that said he looked a bit small and i actually thought he looked like a bigger back...but i think the kid runs hard and its always good to see someone kinda come out of nowhere to be a success, even if it is just for a small fleeting moment. I am sure there are many athletes that would die to shine even for just one game at the NFL, MLB , NHL level

edit: i remember reading something where i think it was the packers rb coach who said grants running style and body most remind him of dorsey levens

Edited by keggerz

he seems like a good kid and i hope he can continue his success....i know after the denver game I think it was you that said he looked a bit small and i actually thought he looked like a bigger back...but i think the kid runs hard and its always good to see someone kinda come out of nowhere to be a success, even if it is just for a small fleeting moment. I am sure there are many athletes that would die to shine even for just one game at the NFL, MLB , NHL level

edit: i remember reading something where i think it was the packers rb coach who said grants running style and body most remind him of dorsey levens

I was comparing him to Dorsey Levens. RB coach Edgar Bennett said he saw him as a smaller version of Dorsey. To me he runs very much the same. It's uncanny because he has the same number.

Q: What does Ryan Grant bring to the table for the offense?

Edgar Bennett: "Obviously, he had an extremely productive game (against Denver). Tough, strong runner. Runs with a good ball lean. Physical. Finishes he runs. Shows good quickness.

The one thing that stands out the most is his toughness."

Q: Is Ryan Grant similar to any other players that you've worked with in the past?

Edgar Bennett: "I look at it individually. Each guy brings something different to the table as an individual. Obviously, Dorsey Levens comes to mind as far as his mindset, his attitude, his approach. Ryan Grant has similar attributes to Dorsey. Tough, physical runner. Good body lean. Obviously, Dorsey was a thicker, bigger-type man, but Ryan certainly as very good size, around that 220 (pound) mark. He's a tough guy. He runs downhill."

not bashing or trying to mess with you but a serious question: What sells you on a RB or player?

Just time, really. Every once in a while a guy will come along who looks so extraordianary that he'll sell me right off the bat, but with a new guy I just need to see that he can keep it going and not be a flash in the pan, not put the ball on the ground, etc. A lot of guys can have a few good games. Take Samkon Gado from a couple years ago. Though I do believe Grant has looked better than Samkon did thus far.

That said, Grant is on my fantasy team and he is in my lineup every week. I remember hearing the broadcaster during this weeks thanksgiving day game describe Grant as being "fierce." That's definitely the way I want a runningback on my team to be described. So long as he remains the unquestionable starter, he will be in my weekly lineup.

Edited by Crazysight