[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lost in all of this is the real story

GWPFFL BrianW

And that is Darren McFadden. Give that man a heisman right now. That was a great performance.

While he's the best potential pro, he didn't have the consistency this season to merit the Heisman, I think he had several games under 80 yards, had he not been giving up so many carries, I think he'd of had a better shot.

You have to think it'll be between Tebo and Brennan, with his 5 TD performance last night and keeping his team undefeated.

Edited by theeohiostate

While he's the best potential pro, he didn't have the consistency this season to merit the Heisman, I think he had several games under 80 yards, had he not been giving up so many carries, I think he'd of had a better shot.

You have to think it'll be between Tebo and Brennan, with his 5 TD performance last night and keeping his team undefeated.

Yeah real hard to argue against Tebo. 46 tds is just sick!

Yeah real hard to argue against Tebo. 46 tds is just sick!

Stats hardly ever win the Heisman , if so then Graham Harrell would run away with it this season. The fact that Brennan has 1000 more yards passing and 8 more TD through the air coupled with a perfect record, imo , gives him the edge over Tebo.

Stats hardly ever win the Heisman , if so then Graham Harrell would run away with it this season. The fact that Brennan has 1000 more yards passing and 8 more TD through the air coupled with a perfect record, imo , gives him the edge over Tebo.

Just one more thing we will have to wait and see for.

Just one more thing we will have to wait and see for.

I think you also have to consider a darkhorse like KU QB Reesing , whose sporting an undefeated team and has an incredible TD to INT ratio of 30 and 4. If this teams beats Mizzu and OU , I think he'll win hands down, no questions asked.

Yeah but McFadden ran all over the greatest defense ever. I know they are the greatest defense ever because LSU fans told me so.

nice sarcasm, but you'd agree we saw this D coming apart 6 or 7 weeks ago, and it has slowly deteriated ever since. I think this defense gets a bell rung by 10-15 offenses in the country.

I know he's just a sophomore and some other guys have put up gaudy numbers but the more I look at what Tebow has done the more impressed I am. Let's keep in mind the quality of teams he's putting these numbers up against. He's not playing Hawaii's schedule and he's not throwing 50-60 times every game.

After today,

Passing

3,000+ yds/30ish TDs/6-7 INTs

Rushing

800+ yds/20+ TDs

Also keeping in mind that no one has ever thrown for 20 and rushed for 20 TDs in a single season ever until he did it this year.

McFadden has put up 1750 yards rushing, when teams know this team cant pass. Can't dismiss him.

The Heisman should go to Sam Bradford of OU. We all saw the difference between OU without Bradford (last week), and with Bradford 49 pts and 4 TDs today. OU would be in the NC game had Bradford not got hurt a week ago.

BTW, Bradford just broke the NCAA freshman record for TDs in a season. he now has 32, with only 7 INTs.

Not bad for a freshman.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3125841

NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford set an NCAA freshman record Saturday by throwing his 30th touchdown pass of the season.

Bradford, a redshirt freshman, set the mark with a 2-yard toss to tight end Joe Jon Finley to give the 10th-ranked Sooners a 28-7 lead over Oklahoma State with 2:25 left in the first half.

under that theory, give it to Dixon. Oregon can't even score any points without him.

That is truly sad. One of the most explosive and entertaining teams in the country lose one player and they get shut out by UCLA. It's a shame.

The Heisman should go to Sam Bradford of OU. We all saw the difference between OU without Bradford (last week), and with Bradford 49 pts and 4 TDs today. OU would be in the NC game had Bradford not got hurt a week ago.

Please tell me you're joking :D He had a fine year for a freshman but let's be serious here. :wacko: He won't finish in the Top 10. It was clear watching that game that Texas Tech would have dominated the Sooners with, or without, Bradford. :D

Please tell me you're joking :D He had a fine year for a freshman but let's be serious here. :wacko: He won't finish in the Top 10. It was clear watching that game that Texas Tech would have dominated the Sooners with, or without, Bradford. :D

You have no clue what you are talking about. Tech didnt dominate the Sooners. Sure early on, when the backup Halze couldnt hit the broad side of a barn, Tech jumped out to a big lead. But the 2nd half OU dominated, and with Bradford in just the 2nd half alone, they win that game by 2 TD's. OU was done in Techs 10 twice in the 4th quarter and came away with no points. They also had a TD called off which looked questionable at best, as the player certainly looked in bounds on replay.

You obviously didnt watch yesterdays game vs Okie St. the same Okie St that is averaging 500 yards a game. Tthey was destroyed by my Sooners. And Okie St beat up Tech. The OU offense didnt help out the defense at all in the 1st half and they were gased. No way Bradford isnt leading that game at halftime, and pulling away by 21 pts in the end. You have no idea about OU vs Tech over the years, we own Tech. Stoops only lose to Tech was in 2005, when the Sooners went 9-4, and it was as questionable a review call as the Oregon vs OU. Dont kids yourself. You are spewing the mouth probably only seeing half the Tech game. If you saw the 2nd half, you will know they lost by 6, and OU had every chance to win that game late.

Gene Wojciechowski gets it.

There are 925 Heisman voters -- 870 media, 54 living Heisman winners, one collective fan vote. The more voters, the more probability of the dreaded Knucklehead Factor.

Florida QB Tim Tebow has put up the kind of numbers that should earn him the Heisman Trophy.

These are the voters who don't stay up late on the East Coast to watch Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan. These are the voters who automatically eliminate Florida quarterback Tim Tebow from consideration because he's a -- gasp! -- sophomore. These are the voters who question whether Tebow should even be a finalist, what with the defending national champion Gators only 9-3 and out of the title hunt. These are the voters who confuse NFL potential with college production. These are the voters who sometimes don't even vote (though the online balloting has helped increase the voting activity to about 97 percent).

And that's not the worst of it. Twenty years ago, a Heisman voter once told me he never cast a first-place vote for an African-American player.

The instructions on the Heisman ballot are so simple -- "I hereby designate (name, school) as my first choice to receive the Heisman Memorial Trophy, awarded to the most outstanding college football player in the United States for 2007." It doesn't say, "the most outstanding college football player who doesn't disrupt my sleep patterns," or "the most outstanding college football player who is preferably a junior or senior," or "the most outstanding college football player whose team is undefeated and playing in the BCS Championship Game."

Arkansas running back Darren McFadden has Adrian Peterson-like NFL skills. He'll likely be the first pick in next year's NFL draft. I've seen him play in person and he's other-worldly.

But he's not my first pick on my Heisman ballot. Tebow is.

Tebow has seven more rushing touchdowns than McFadden (22-15) on 110 fewer carries. And anybody who watches Tebow on a regular basis knows those TDs weren't simply QB sneaks. Ten of those 22 touchdowns were 5 yards or longer. And by the way, Tebow is the Gators' leading rusher, which means he took a pounding in the same killer SEC as McFadden. Against Florida State in the regular-season finale, he played part of the second half with a broken right hand.

Tebow has four fewer TD passes (29) than Hawaii's Brennan and Mizzou's Daniel (33), but he also has 178 fewer pass attempts than Daniel and 105 fewer than Brennan. And for those who think Tebow somehow doesn't deserve the trophy because Florida isn't a national title contender, remember this: The Gators lost five starters on offense (including their leading running back and wide receiver) and nine on defense from 2006, and since the BCS began in the 1998 season, no team has won back-to-back BCS championships.

The rest of my ballot? McFadden will occupy the No. 2 spot, with Daniel, Brennan, Oregon quarterback Dennis Dixon or West Virginia quarterback Pat White as my likely No. 3.

:D:D