[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WV or OSU

theeohiostate

I wonder if the fact that last year's OSU team (substantially better than this year's version) got outplayed, outcoached, outclassed and generally destroyed in the NC game last year has any bearing on their current ranking. While I agree that on paper OSU makes a SLIGHTLY better case this year, I can't help but think that last year's absolute drubbing is still weighing on the voters minds.

How do you figure last years team was substantially better?

Our defense is much improved and our offense has played slightly worse. I like this team better.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you figure last years team was substantially better?

Our defense is much improved and our offense has played slightly worse. I like this team better.

I'm not a big 10 or OSU homer and do not follow either closely. However, I havent watched any more or less OSU football last season vs. this season, but I can't help but think a team that lost the Heisman winner plus Pittman, Gonzalez, and Ginn Jr. must be alot worse offensively.

You may be right though TOSU. But I think in the voters minds a better team last year got mauled by a team that needed alot of luck to get through the SEC with only 1 loss. Hence the SEC bias - a team last year that lost to Auburn, needed a blocked EP to beat SC East, and barely beat LSU at home beat the living hell out of the Big Ten's best team.

Edited by Cyclones

:wacko::D

some funny chit -

I like it, when the forum monster truck aficionado thinks he knows more about my team then myself :D

Why don't you find some pertinent information about your wildcats, stick with the sloppy bottem feeding Pac 10 , leave the big boy talk to the experts :D

I'm not a big 10 or OSU homer and do not follow either closely. However, I havent watched any more or less OSU football last season vs. this season, but I can't help but think a team that lost the Heisman winner plus Pittman, Gonzalez, and Ginn Jr. must be alot worse offensively.

You may be right though TOSU. But I think in the voters minds a better team last year got mauled by a team that needed alot of luck to get through the SEC with only 1 loss. Hence the SEC bias - a team last year that lost to Auburn, needed a blocked EP to beat SC East, and barely beat LSU at home beat the living hell out of the Big Ten's best team.

This is why many are convinced any NC game that does not include the SEC Champions can not be taken seriously.

I'm the one waiting for the proof. All I've been hearing all year long is how great you guys are. Now its time to put up or shut up. Now it's time to prove it. The fact is... vs non conference, the SEC has been less than stellar. To me that has much more substance then a bunch of people in the media saying the SEC is great. No conference has more to prove than the SEC this bowl season. You're great? then prove it.

Actually I gave the SEC their due. I think they had some pretty easy outs last year though. Florida over Ohio State was extremely impressive. But LSU over Notre Dame at home? Nothing special, especially when you consider Michigan and USC already beat them just as bad. Auburn over Nebraska. Not bad, Big 12 North Champion. Kentucky over Clemson was semi-good. Two losses to overrated big ten teams though. I would say the SEC was the best conference last year, but that doesn't have anything to do with this year now does it?

He has nothing to bring to this discussion other then hatred for the Big Ten and the continuous pimping of any team other then his beloved wildcats.

The fact is..........there are no facts you can find that support WV being ranked over OSU, other then the timeliness of their losses. The facts clearly show OSU is the more deserving team, any other conclussion is based on hate, homerism or stupidity.

Still think OSU deserves to be ranked ahead of WVU??? this should be good.

You got hate, homerism and stupidty nailed - well done

yer clueless

Until you can rebuff one of the 10's of points I've made to make that case, who's the idiot ?

ok- for starters....... Used BCS numbers since you love em so much

- More quality wins........ check

WVU- 24 Cin,29 UConn, 31 Rutgers

OSU - 19 Wisky

- Better conference..........check

- better SOS ...................check

- better NC wins........... check

WVU- 42 MSU, 54 Maryland

OSU - 74 Wash

need anything else?

Edited by wildcat2334

ok- for starters.......

- More quality wins........ check

WVU- 24 Cin, 25, USF, 29 UConn

OSU - 19 Wisky

- Better conference..........check

- better SOS ...................check

- better NC wins........... check

WVU- 42 MSU, 54 Maryland

OSU - 74 Wash

need anything else?

Another failed attempt. Now your grasping at straw dear boy.

Please reconsider taking a self imposed leave from these forums, as to not look any dumber then you've made yourself out to.

I will ask again, and it will be the last time to prove yourself.

Please rebuff my statements on these forums from yesterday concerning this matter. I and others have repeadidly asked for you to do so, but you have failed so far to respond, aside of your endless Sargain drivel.

Please review these posts, and get back with us when you have something of substance to say :D

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2301487

Your continued dodgeing of this topic is very telling and the lack of your response speaks volumes of your true knowledge of college football, your a joke, and it's far time you got PUNKED !

As most of you know, this year in college football has been very weak. And now you ask who should be #1 after this week. Just like in LSU's case. Its going to be OSU, because the media thinks they are the best team out there...Too me there is not a team deserving to be #1 at this point. Can you truly give me a legit team....even if LSU would have won, did they deserve to be #1, no not a chance but they were the best team the media thought at the time...

So don't give me OK, OSU, KU, USC, LSU, MIZZ, WVU, as a legit #1 because they can all be.

That is why a playoff is needed BAD.

+1!

If you need an argument that the whole thing is a mess, just look above. When a one loss team that has beaten exactly one top 20 team, in a conference that has three top-20 teams (two of which are 15 or worse) is arguing they deserve a spot in the NC game by virtue of SOS and strength of conference, you know you have problems. When it's hard to find an argument to dispute their claims, you really have problems.

My guess is that OSU and WVU will both be in the title game because I think OU will take care of MU in the Big 12 title game. WVU will take care of Pitt and OSU will, well...

Now, as neilfish says, there's not a single team out there with a legitimate claim over either of these teams. Hell, I guess I hope the MU takes care of business so that a high profile team like OSU gets left out in the cold and puts another chink in the BCS armor. That will make two years in a row that a Big 10 team got passed over for the NC game and you've got to think that the rumblings will start big time.

+1!

If you need an argument that the whole thing is a mess, just look above. When a one loss team that has beaten exactly one top 20 team, in a conference that has three top-20 teams (two of which are 15 or worse) is arguing they deserve a spot in the NC game by virtue of SOS and strength of conference, you know you have problems. When it's hard to find an argument to dispute their claims, you really have problems.

My guess is that OSU and WVU will both be in the title game because I think OU will take care of MU in the Big 12 title game. WVU will take care of Pitt and OSU will, well...

Now, as neilfish says, there's not a single team out there with a legitimate claim over either of these teams. Hell, I guess I hope the MU takes care of business so that a high profile team like OSU gets left out in the cold and puts another chink in the BCS armor. That will make two years in a row that a Big 10 team got passed over for the NC game and you've got to think that the rumblings will start big time.

I want Mizz vs WVU as well. I'd much rather see OSU vs USC in the Rose Bowl, and the possibility of another split title. That would be wonderful. That's EXACTLY what college football needs.

I want Mizz vs WVU as well. I'd much rather see OSU vs USC in the Rose Bowl, and the possibility of another split title. That would be wonderful. That's EXACTLY what college football needs.

I don't put anything past the writers but like I've said before I don't see a split NC given the AP votes the last couple of weeks. Mizzou and WVU each had 1 first place vote last week. They now have 45 and 20 respectively. No one else has any.

On the off chance it does happen the scenario would have to involve Ohio St just pounding USC. As much as everyone is always all over USC's jock, there is no way they(#8) beat the #3 team in the country, ending up with 2 losses, and jump #1 and #2.

I hope like hell it's WVU and Mizz. Wow what a bomb of a ratings game that would be. Will the BCS crumble, or will it put OSU in the game in hopes of keeping the BCS around a few more years?

I would love to see the BCS crumble in favor of a playoff but my feelings will not change the fact that I will not only watch WVU vs Mizzou but I will be looking forward to it.

I would love to see the BCS crumble in favor of a playoff but my feelings will not change the fact that I will not only watch WVU vs Mizzou but I will be looking forward to it.

Die hard college football fans will.

There is a group that won't though that normally would if it was a big matchup.

I don't think OSU vs WVU will bring a huge audience either.

BCS might be screwed as far as a National Championship game.

I do see a big National pull for a OSU vs USC matchup.

Die hard college football fans will.

There is a group that won't though that normally would if it was a big matchup.

I don't think OSU vs WVU will bring a huge audience either.

BCS might be screwed as far as a National Championship game.

I do see a big National pull for a OSU vs USC matchup.

A huge pull from Pasadena too.