[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

72 Dolphins

Patriots

Disclaimer: Just so no Dolphins fans get their panties in a twist. Let me first say that I do not mean to implicate each and every member of the 72 'Phins... I'm sure plenty of them conduct themselves with honor and maturity and don't act like jerk-offs every year when some team threatens to go undefeated.

However, those who do openly talk smack every year, as they have this year, are a joke. Other greats take their hat off to those who come along later to match or better their records. Not these guys.

Well said. This is how I should have phrased it. I'm sure they're aren't all crabby jerks.

Let the Patriots get there first (undefeated) before we start comparing them to the greatest team to ever take the field.

As a bona fide Pats fan and a certified Dolphins hater, I couldn't agree more.

All the talk of the "blueprint to beat the Patriots" Is premature. I understand why it is there, but if the blueprint was so good, why is the team still undefeated.

Never mind....don't throw the reasons (excuses) out there.

But I would say the same thing about the whole "Greatest Team Ever" discussion. Premature.

Unless this team goes on to win the NFL Championship, though, all that talk doesn't mean diddly. Just like the talk of the blueprint is at this point unfounded, the talk of this being the greatest team ever is unfounded.

It's not a Bears team, it's not a 49ers team, and it's not a Bronco's team. It's the team that did what no other team in the history of the NFL did. They overcame tough opponents and played through tough injuries to be perfect.

If the Pats go undefeated I will be happy as heck. I would love to shut up the cork poppers from that '72 Dolphins team. Until that happens, they are only a team playing very well so far.