[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looks like Philly found the kryptonite

Cowboyz1

New England is beatable and Jimmy Johnson showed the rest of the league how. Pressure and tackle. Oh and don't make a STUPID, STUPID, STUPID play call at the end of the game. Dallas was doing the same thing to them until they blew it with penalties, miss tackle and an undermaned secondary.

I can't believe they didn't run Westbrook or a screen anything low risk down in field goal range. Unbelievable. Philly played their guts out in this game and you can bet the rest of the league just collectively exhaled and realized they can beat this club.

Bet the points come way down from the 17 they had against the NFC in the Superbowl!

Now I understand a little of Belichick's game plan. Half the battle is perception and he wanted to tell the league "you can't beat us, we are just to perfect "by running up the scores on teams. Well there goes that plan. I always knew they would come down to earth, this is the NFL and to do what Miami did in 72 is as close to the impossible there is in this league.

New England won't do it. I really hope the Cowboys get a chance at em again.

If that wasn't enough to bust New Englands bubble wait till they play the next 5 games. Teams are going to wear New England out because now they know for sure they can be beat even with a backup QB at the helm and a set of 2nd team wide outs.

Brady will be blitz with every kind of package imaginable for the next 5 weeks straight, regardless of the damage he does.

Well done Philly, as much as I hated to see you of all teams do what I was waiting to happen, you did it.

Feeley you know better then that, damn you for blowing a golden opportunity and I have to blame Ried also for that call unless Feeley changed the play. There was no reason to get greedy there at all, ESPECIALLY, with cover two deep staring him right in the face. Come on, a go route into Samuel? Dumb just, plain dumb. I guess that is to be expected from the back up though.

Pass it around fellas, kryptonite for everyone............. :D

Edited by Cowboyz1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the one thing that helped the Eagles is Lito knows how to play Moss...

I thought he played him well because he had a crappy QB when he played Moss in Oakland and in Minny.....but apparently he has his number :D...

the Colts showed the path for how to beat the Pats and the Eagles perfected it.....now a better team actually has to actually do the same thing...

you pretty much drop your coverage back to 5 or 6 DB's and rush 5 or 6 players....

You talk like the Patriots are the only team that can't make adjustments. This game not only exposed some of the Patriots weakness to the league but to the Patriots. They are the best coached, best prepared team in football, they will adapt. I pity the team that blitzes Brady all game, they will get eaten alive.

As I said in the other thread, great game plan by Philly.

However, don't you think it occured to other teams to pressure and tackle?:D

Philly's line play was outstanding last night on both sides of the ball. Nuff said. Just goes to show how relatively little credit NE's Oline has gotten for this successful run. The pocket collapsed on Brady nearly every play of the game. First time all season I've seen such a thing.

This is just not something any team can make happen.

Yeah, the blueprint is:

* have a top-notch DC whose calling card is frequently calling some of the most exotic blitzes in the game

* have the defensive personnel to execute the DC's schemes

* have an offensive line that can hold the wolves at bay long enough to attack the soft deep zones in the Pats' coverages

Very very VERY few teams have what it takes to pull that off.

Peace

policy

Yeah, the blueprint is:

* have a top-notch DC whose calling card is frequently calling some of the most exotic blitzes in the game

* have the defensive personnel to execute the DC's schemes

* have an offensive line that can hold the wolves at bay long enough to attack the soft deep zones in the Pats' coverages

Very very VERY few teams have what it takes to pull that off.

Peace

policy

Sounds like a very good team I know and love? Anyway, agreed their is a small detail of personel I did leave out but still all the rest of the teams on their schedule can bring the dogs, but can the cover also?

Blitzing every down is definately not the answer. Unless the other team wants to give up a quick 7 points on a bomb to Moss or a screen to someone.

Not my point, as there we many times Brady rushed his throw when the blitz WAS picked up and that tells me he can be rushed dispite his line doing it's job! Which he had not done much up until this game.

Sounds like a very good team I know and love? Anyway, agreed their is a small detail of personel I did leave out but still all the rest of the teams on their schedule can bring the dogs, but can the cover also?

I will agree that, with exception of the Colts, the Eagles gave the Patriots the best run for their money. However the Patriots still put up 24 offensive points, 7 Defensive and only punted twice? Brady threw for almost 400 yards and the Patriots committed no turnovers.

The bigger success came against the Pats D where they were shown to be vulnerable against in-routes. This will most certainly be addressed in practice this week and some defensive adjustment devised.

If anything the blueprint was to be competitive against the Pats because since the Pats still won there is no blueprint to beat them. Yet.

Every team can have a bad game... NE is so good they have a bad game and still win.

Bullcrap, New England did not by any means have a bad game. They played great and it took Philly to play great to even be in the game. However, my point is that they have weaknesses and can be beat with an accurate QB, pressure, good tackling and most of all STAMINA. They went no huddle for 30 minutes and ran once all 1st half.

The only reason they didn't get beat last night was because of a bone head play call at the end. Philly was right their and killed themselves.

God I can't believe I just said something good about the Eagles. This game insures them to be in the cellar and I'm ticked they didn't win last night, I must be going coo coo :D

NE are not the incredible monsters that many here and the media have set them up to be. Watch, the energy they have put into buring people all year will catch up to them and games are going to be a lot closer down the stretch.

The Cowboys out-played the Pats and beat themselves, with penalties.

The Colts out-played the Pats and beat themselves with bad play calling.

Now the Eagles out-played them and beat themselves with a dumb throw and bad play calling.

It's the same thing all the time from some people. :D The next time they give the Pats any amount of credit for a win will be the first.

And before the pile on starts, no, I don't think they'll go undefeated. And no, I don't think they're the greatest team ever. They are, however, the best team this year. That's about it.

If i'm a Philly fan i'm happy about what the team did last night despite the outcome. Bye bye McNab

why would we be happy that we lost and fell one game behind in the WC race?

I mean I am glad that we went into Foxboro and smacked the Pats in the mouth and am glad that we didnt roll over and die when we spotted the Pats 7 points...but i would not qualify myself as a happy eagles fan today...as for McNabb because i think that is what you were inferring about....when he is 100% he will be the starter and I as a philly fan am ok with that....Feeley came in and did what a backup is supposed to do....for the most part he played competently just like he has done in the past for philly.

why would we be happy that we lost and fell one game behind in the WC race?

I mean I am glad that we went into Foxboro and smacked the Pats in the mouth and am glad that we didnt roll over and die when we spotted the Pats 7 points...but i would not qualify myself as a happy eagles fan today...as for McNabb because i think that is what you were inferring about....when he is 100% he will be the starter and I as a philly fan am ok with that....Feeley came in and did what a backup is supposed to do....for the most part he played competently just like he has done in the past for philly.

I don't quite remember but wasn't McNab 100% last season when Garcia took the team to the playoffs?

I think it speaks volumes that Mcnabb was not on the sidelines, team rule or not, you don't leave your starting QB at home unless he has no value on the sidelines to help the starter or the team doesn't want him around! Why wouldn't you want your Vet QB to support your backup during the game? Regardless, Mcnabb's days are numbered in Philly, as I think they are growing tired of the inconsistancy and injury bugs. He's no spring Eagle these days.