[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Taylor Shot in Leg

geeteebee

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SEAN TAYLOR "FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE"

Redskins safety Sean Taylor has been shot in Florida, a source with knowledge of the situation tells us. He is in critical condition at a Miami-area hospital and, per the source, is "fighting for his life".

Taylor spent Sunday night in his Florida home with his girlfriend and infant daughter. A robbery occurred, and Taylor was shot in the leg by one of the invaders.

The bullet severed his femoral artery. He currently is in surgery.

Taylor, the fifth overall pick in the 2005 draft, was in Florida to get a second opinion on an injured knee.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Taylor, his family, and the Redskins organization, and we hope that Taylor will make a full recovery.

I hope he's okay. Any life lost is a tragedy.

That being said, what was your first thought when reading the headline of this post and knowing his backround? I know mine wasn't because it was a burglary at his house.

There will sure be a lot of speculation as to the who, what when where and why of this incident.

The Miami Herald said it was a shot to the gron.

Sean Taylor of the Washington Redskins was shot and wounded early Monday by an intruder in his home on Old Cutler road in South Miami Dade.

Taylor, a former University of Miami star, was airlifted to the Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

Details were sketchy about the shooting.

According to police, Miami-Dade patrol officers received a call about 1:45 a.m. Monday that a homeowner had been shot in the leg. The homeowners told police they heard intruders at the rear door of the house, trying to pry it open.

The male homeowner went to investigate and a female in the house then heard a shot. Paramedics responded and found the victim, with a gunshot wound to the groin.

The shooting happened at 18050 Old Cutler Rd. County property records list it as the address for Taylor. It is a four-bath, four-bedroom house with a taxable value of $704,297.

His family has asked that no information about his condition be released at this point, said Lorraine Nelson, a hospital spokeswoman.

Taylor, 24, is in his fourth season with the Redskins. A safety, he leads the team with five interceptions but has missed the last two games with a knee injury.

In 2004 he was the fifth pick overall by the Redskins, after stellar career at the University of Miami.

:D WOW! I am stunned right now. I dont know what to say, I just know that I am angry and I am tired of these senseless shootings.

I think we all are. While he has been in trouble in the past I haven't heard of anything for 2 years.

Terrible news. Very sad can't say enough about how tragic this type of thing is. I don't know what to say Taylor has had his issues and the first thing I thought was not good, but it sounds bad as can be. Hope they can catch the people involed.

I hope he's okay. Any life lost is a tragedy.

That being said, what was your first thought when reading the headline of this post and knowing his backround? I know mine wasn't because it was a burglary at his house.

There will sure be a lot of speculation as to the who, what when where and why of this incident.

Actually the first thing I thought was burglary considering it seems to be a growing trend for NFL players, the second thing I thought was a jilted lover considering the location of the gun shot. Of course it could be thug/gang related but it wasn't my first thought.

At any rate I hope he comes out of it ok. He certainly is fun to watch, but aside from that any life lost or even career ended over a senseless shooting is a tragedy IMO.

These people are saying he was shopt twice.

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. -- Washington Redskins and former University of Miami standout football player Sean Taylor was shot in his home early Monday morning, according to Miami-Dade police.

Local 10 is reporting that Miami-Dade police are investigating the shooting at the home at 18050 Old Cutler Road.

Miami-Dade police confirmed there was a shooting at about 1:30 a.m. at Taylor's home in Palmetto Bay and said Taylor was the person who had been shot. Police received a 911 call from a woman inside the home, Local 10 learned.

Taylor was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital around 2 a.m., according to police.

A family friend, who did not want to be identified, told Local 10's Rad Berky that Taylor was shot twice. Police said Taylor was in critical condition.

Crime scene investigators were seen leaving with bags of evidence collected inside the home, Berky said.

Taylor is in his fourth season with the Redskins. The 24-year-old leads the team with five interceptions but has missed the last two games with a knee injury. The 212-pound Taylor played in his first Pro Bowl in 2006.

Copyright 2007 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

These people are saying he was shopt twice.

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. -- Washington Redskins and former University of Miami standout football player Sean Taylor was shot in his home early Monday morning, according to Miami-Dade police.

Local 10 is reporting that Miami-Dade police are investigating the shooting at the home at 18050 Old Cutler Road.

Miami-Dade police confirmed there was a shooting at about 1:30 a.m. at Taylor's home in Palmetto Bay and said Taylor was the person who had been shot. Police received a 911 call from a woman inside the home, Local 10 learned.

Taylor was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital around 2 a.m., according to police.

A family friend, who did not want to be identified, told Local 10's Rad Berky that Taylor was shot twice. Police said Taylor was in critical condition.

Crime scene investigators were seen leaving with bags of evidence collected inside the home, Berky said.

Taylor is in his fourth season with the Redskins. The 24-year-old leads the team with five interceptions but has missed the last two games with a knee injury. The 212-pound Taylor played in his first Pro Bowl in 2006.

Copyright 2007 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Law breaker :D

Edited by peepinmofo

I havn't read this entire thread - but I watched CNN and theya ren't saying Where he was shot, and his family asked for privacy....kinda sounds like he took it in the groin area -- maybe an angry lady friend ? Sorry if this weas already mentioned, or even wrong....no time to read the whole thread (at work and all)

Truly sickening, I hate criminals with a passion, if in fact he was a victim of a robbery. It's a good sign that he is even alive 10 hours plus after being shot, his chance for survival goes up dramatically after the first few hours. For the sake of his daughter I hope he pulls through this.