[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Taylor Shot in Leg

geeteebee

Exactly.

Attorney and friend of the family Richard Sharpstein said Monday afternoon that Redskins S Sean Taylor's life is currently "hanging in the balance."

Sharpstein says that Taylor, who came out of surgery just after noon, called the player "nonresponsive and unconscious" and says doctors are "worried about a possible brain injury or death." He added that Taylor may have lost oxygen to the brain. "They're waiting to see if he comes to," Sharptein said.

Source: Washington Post

Basically the same thing happened to one of my cousins. He isn't on a resporator, but does have a feeding tube. Pretty much in a permanent vegetative sate, and has been since 1991. If Taylor is in that type of state, it would be better for him and his family if he doesn't make it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically the same thing happened to one of my cousins. He isn't on a resporator, but does have a feeding tube. Pretty much in a permanent vegetative sate, and has been since 1991. If Taylor is in that type of state, it would be better for him and his family if he doesn't make it.

:D

Very sad news for the family as well as his players both college as well as professional......A sad day for the U of M.... a sad day for football......I hear local radio reporting he is in a coma and in critical condition.....it is day to day......he may or may not have damage....I will not be known till/if he regains......I can not add any details of who is the suspect....My only thoughts is somehow it was not just a coinsidence....

Sad day...if I get more from local, I will pass it along......

:D

My thoughts are with Sean, and his family and friends. Regardless of the outcome, this is a tragedy, those closest to him will be traumatized.

An observation.

I got home from work, errands ect. turned on ESPN, and have watched 45 mins or so of 'pregame', I wasn't glued to the TV, but I don't think they have mentioned this at all. I know they've talked about Ricky no less than 5-7 times, and given their thoughts on Thursdays game. Seems like they should've at least mentioned it. ESPN has really been disappointing.

-DD21

My thoughts are with Sean, and his family and friends. Regardless of the outcome, this is a tragedy, those closest to him will be traumatized.

An observation.

I got home from work, errands ect. turned on ESPN, and have watched 45 mins or so of 'pregame', I wasn't glued to the TV, but I don't think they have mentioned this at all. I know they've talked about Ricky no less than 5-7 times, and given their thoughts on Thursdays game. Seems like they should've at least mentioned it. ESPN has really been disappointing.

-DD21

Your right they haven't said ne thing. It flashed across the bottom of the screen for a second and then was erased and they put up the game delay.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7490604?MSNHPHMA

Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has emerged from a coma and is responsive to doctor's orders, FOXSports.com has learned.

Taylor recently awoke in a Miami hospital and gripped a doctor's hand when asked, a source said. Medical officials were uncertain whether Taylor would initially survive after suffering major blood loss when shot early this morning in his South Florida home.

"Sean was not responding well to blood transfusions and things were going in the wrong direction when totally out of the blue he woke up," the source said. "Anything can happen at any time, but the phrase now being throw around is cautious optimism. Before the guy was slowly passing away. Now, he's slowly getting stronger."

News of Taylor's revival sent cheers among Taylor's friends and family members gathered at Jackson Memorial Hospital, the source said.

Earlier, Taylor had fallen into a coma following surgery for the life-threatening gunshot wound suffered early Monday morning at his South Miami home, FOXSports.com has learned.

The Redskins' Sean Taylor is in critical condition after his femoral artery was severed in a shooting early Monday morning. (Nick Wass / Associated Press)

Taylor "flatlined" twice during the surgery, the NFL Network reported.

Redskins officials flew to South Florida to be near their star safety.

While Taylor was still in the coma, one source said there was a concern Taylor suffered brain damage from the loss of blood and may not survive.

Taylor was shot on the inside of his leg during a home invasion involving "one or maybe more" individuals, the source said. The bullet pierced Taylor's femoral artery, causing him to get rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami.

The 24-year-old player was in the intensive care unit at Jackson Memorial Hospital after several hours of surgery, said family friend Richard Sharpstein, his former lawyer.

An observation.

-DD21

I'm no Redskins homer so when I say this it's with no bias. The media hates everything about the Redskins and double that with the perception that Taylor is a thug and I think it's evident why this is getting a thousand times less press then TOs little drama queen overdose incident.

I'm no Redskins homer so when I say this it's with no bias. The media hates everything about the Redskins and double that with the perception that Taylor is a thug and I think it's evident why this is getting a thousand times less press then TOs little drama queen overdose incident.

I dont think this is ESPN hating the Skins or Taylor more then them probably wanting to get its facts straight before reporting.

Then again if it was Favre or Brady instead of Taylor...they would be all over this story...yeh, ESPN sucks!