[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man is the weather a soaker here in Pittsburgh.

Skippy

It's not a driving rain but it is a pretty steady one with baumy and very soaked conditions. I know there is brand new soad over at Heinz Field and I am sure they keep a tarp on things other than when they have to take it off but this is looking to me like this is going to be a really sloppy night. Those of us counting on FWP may be in for a bit of a dissapointment if this weather keeps up.

How's Hines Ward historically in these conditions. I'm in a tight one up by 11 and going against Hines tonight. I feel like I'm toast, good thing it's not a playoff game.

I don't have any data to support this but overall I have seen the passing game do very well in the sloppy conditions.

One thing to consider is that a WR and a QB know the route and it has to favor the people that know where they are going. :D

I don't have any data to support this but overall I have seen the passing game do very well in the sloppy conditions.

One thing to consider is that a WR and a QB know the route and it has to favor the people that know where they are going. :D

That's my opinion as well which I've stated when arguing whether the Pats O will suffer as the weather gets worse. Oh well, like I said, it's not a playoff game so I won't sweat it.

Unfortunately thats the way I see it too.

Does that mean the D line will have the advantage as well in the pass rush?

Unfortunately thats the way I see it too.

Does that mean the D line will have the advantage as well in the pass rush?

Interesting and I would say yes at the very start of a play but when hand to hand combat come into play that is all tossed out. Plus I would say that you see a lot more over persuing when someone gets a clear shot at a QB.

I guess I am saying yes, no, sort of, maybe, maybe not, I am not sure. :D

what's the latest looking out the window?

Horrible!!! It is now a driving rain and there is lightening in the air. That field is a mess. My boy just called me from the stadium and said that he sees the field crew pulling up big pieces of the sod with pitchforks. He said that the seams down near the middle of the field are completely noticeable and everyone keeps on looking at them and they are spreading sand or something by the wheelbarrow over it.

Get ready for a major mud bowl.

The Pittsburgh ground crew needs to ask the Dolphins crew how to properly drain a field. You haven't seen rain until you've been in a South Florida deluge.

I think we had one last time we played in Miami. Ben's first start, if I do recall.......

I read today that this is the last season for the natural grass at Heinz and it will be some kind of field turf next year. Good riddance.