[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Condition of Heinz Field

gilwiggum

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steelers' Rooney says Heinz Field condition 'outstanding'

But team will take extra precautions to keep it dry

Friday, November 30, 2007

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney said the sod at Heinz Field is in "outstanding" condition for the game against the Cincinnati Bengals, and the team will take extra precautions to prevent some of the problems that existed in Monday night's soggy situation against the Miami Dolphins.

That's probably a good thing because the forecast for Sunday night is rain turning to snow, according to the National Weather Service.

The biggest move: The Steelers will use an extra layer of tarpaulin to cover the field, an attempt to prevent water from leaking through the seams of the existing tarp, as it did Monday night.

Rooney said the greatest collection of water was at the goal line, midfield and 25-yard line --- the areas where the tarp has seams.

The Steelers had the field aerated and rolled after the game against the Dolphins and have used blowers in an attempt to dry the sod.

:D

Steelers' Rooney says Heinz Field condition 'outstanding'

But team will take extra precautions to keep it dry

Friday, November 30, 2007

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney said the sod at Heinz Field is in "outstanding" condition for the game against the Cincinnati Bengals, and the team will take extra precautions to prevent some of the problems that existed in Monday night's soggy situation against the Miami Dolphins.

That's probably a good thing because the forecast for Sunday night is rain turning to snow, according to the National Weather Service.

The biggest move: The Steelers will use an extra layer of tarpaulin to cover the field, an attempt to prevent water from leaking through the seams of the existing tarp, as it did Monday night.

Rooney said the greatest collection of water was at the goal line, midfield and 25-yard line --- the areas where the tarp has seams.

The Steelers had the field aerated and rolled after the game against the Dolphins and have used blowers in an attempt to dry the sod.

appreciate the updates on field and weather! gameday updates are appreciated as well :D

Edited by FantasyvsReality?Fantasy

Great update...much Thanks....If you could pop back in with an update tom. it would be wonderful.....Now I have Big Ben and Parker...who I really got nothing from last week.....Maybe I go with Kitna....and let Parker run, cause I have no one else to run...I think I have just lost this year....and to think...I plan all chitiin yr for this......

Great update...much Thanks....If you could pop back in with an update tom. it would be wonderful.....Now I have Big Ben and Parker...who I really got nothing from last week.....Maybe I go with Kitna....and let Parker run, cause I have no one else to run...I think I have just lost this year....and to think...I plan all chitiin yr for this......

+1

ps: the O/U for this game is now 39.5 for me and i just put down on that....

they won't let what happened last week be a problem again....not that it won't be a problem at all....it just won't be low scoring on that level...

A light rain does not sound too bad....at least not like last week.....I just hate to roll the dice for another low points game.....Maybe kitna is a better play in the Dome for me even though he gets sacked and Minn KO'd him once before........

So where did you confirm about the weather....I am going to look now.....

Thanks for the input.....

A light rain does not sound too bad....at least not like last week.....I just hate to roll the dice for another low points game.....Maybe kitna is a better play in the Dome for me even though he gets sacked and Minn KO'd him once before........

So where did you confirm about the weather....I am going to look now.....

Thanks for the input.....

sportsline...they are actually reliable with the weather...

but that's about it..

sportsline...they are actually reliable with the weather...

but that's about it..

Thanks.....that's actually one of my local leagues.......my $$ league......Weather Channel just reported expected rain all day with cool air that will dip tonight, but that it should make the ground soggy....now I don't know what a weather man knows about football, much less the rain......but could there be effects from last week.....it was horrible....I mean horrible.....