[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 13 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

Really, we need to see the conditions during warmups. If you are talking about going for an under, the time is now as more than likely it will drop a bit more. But do I like 47? I really can see NE driving to an early lead and I really do think the winds will die down some later in the game. By that point, maybe Bal can add a TD or 2.

According to the National Weather Service, the area could be looking at sustained high winds straight through tomorrow:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?s...96&map.y=67

Edited by Gdawg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gdawg, I was at that ND/Navy game at M&T too and even extra points were an adventure. It was extremely windy. But Brady Quinn was still 18/25, 295 yds, 3 TDs. I expect Tom Brady will also have no problem. The under is down to 47 on my site. As of now, I'm staying away. If it comes down a few more points though...I think I'm jumping on the over.

According to the National Weather Service, the area could be looking at sustained high winds straight through tomorrow:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?s...96&map.y=67

I checked your link. Matches everything I've been seeing in that wind speeds should be around 16-18 mph during the game. While high, it won't nearly be as bad as it's been so far today. But the good thing to mention is that the gusts could be as high as 49 mph. So that shouldn't be sustained at all, but there could be some times when it's really blowing!

I checked your link. Matches everything I've been seeing in that wind speeds should be around 16-18 mph during the game. While high, it won't nearly be as bad as it's been so far today. But the good thing to mention is that the gusts could be as high as 49 mph. So that shouldn't be sustained at all, but there could be some times when it's really blowing!

Yes, it has been like that here so far today. We've had periods when the wind wasn't too bad, followed by periods of high gusts, really crazy.

I am not going to play the total. Just going to pull for my -9 teaser and that's it.

Swammi went 2-1 yesterday....lost on DET/MIN under, got lucky and hit the STL/ATL over 40 (thank you, Steven Jackson), and won my SD/over 30 teaser.

Tonight, as has been discussed, the weather has me a tad nervous, but I like NE and the under in a 6-point teaser. Baltimore's offense has been anemic, and though Philly offered a blueprint on how to attack the Patriot defense, I think the wind and Kyle Boller will prohibit them from executing. Defensively, the Ravens are a shell of their former self, even with the return of Rolle tonight. While Brady may have difficulty hitting the long ball to Moss, they will be able to dink and dunk down the field in 4-WR sets.

Pats offense struggles to find continuity in the passing game, but gets it done on 3-4 drives...and the defense scores yet again.

Patriots 31, Ravens 10

Lang is on NE tonight, 30 Dime play.

Well, that is enough evidence for me. I'm on Baltimore +20. :D

that was my best play of the week and i fudged it by pairing it with the Patriots and Skins......

...the skins :D...I seriously thought they would put it to the Bills

did you have to bring that up... :wacko: I'm trying to forget about that one. :D

The other thing to consider is that weather can sometimes add points. Teams won't be going for FGs, so it becomes a TD game. Many more 4th down attempts from the 30-40 yard line. Which, if you make it, could result eventually in 7 vs. 3 points. Similarly, if you miss it, the other team now has great field position.

Just some things to consider. I have a feeling that unlike last night, if the total keeps dropping like a rock, you may see the game go over what you could get closer to gametime.

Well, I hope too many people didn't get roped into the under in placing their bet last night, because a lot of the value was gone at that point, and I was thinking more of an over opportunity at the low number.

I ended up playing over in the 2nd half, knowing the winds would die down (per the forecast). It was O/U 23.5 -110, but I bumped it up to 24 for +100. I put half my under bet on the over 2nd half.

So I could middle if the game went between 51.5 and 44 (push on 44). I got lucky (if you think NE should not have scored at the end) and got the middle, w/ the total landing square on 51.

I'm guessing it burned some, but I hope not too badly. Bal really played over their heads but could have walked away w/ a win. I'm sure the local fans are reeling. I'd be interested to hear your take on the matter. I was rooting for the upset myself.

I'm interested in seeing what happens w/ the NE/Pit line, as it was -14.5 yesterday and -14 a week ago.

Fading Lang is a great strategy!

I also played the Ravens +11 at the half.

Thanks Brandon!

Well, I lost my teaser :D Glad I didn't get in on the Total.

Oh well, moving on...how bad is Lang? Ouch, I can't believe he has any clients...unless they buy his picks just to fade him...

And even then they are stupid - we post them here for free. Don't worry - we'll get them this week.

And even then they are stupid - we post them here for free. Don't worry - we'll get them this week.

True enough :D

Well, fortunately I did very well on the college games Saturday, so I was still up for the week. I have been pretty cold the last couple weeks with regard to the NFL.

Oh well, we will get 'em this week :D

I had Ravens +12.5 1st half, +20 for the game.

At halftime, I tried for a middle with New England -10, which gave me a great opportunity of a 10 point middle. It was not meant to be but I came out on the positive side of things.

I have to say when I saw that halftime line at Bal. +11 I almost soiled myself. The way the game was unfolding it looked like a no brainer to me. I couldn't punch in the bet fast enough.