[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tarvaris Jackson

Savage Beatings

T-Jack sucks. I don't even consider the Vikings to have a passing game at all. That's what makes AD so damn special. He's ripping it up with absolutely no threat of a passing game. Isn't a solid O-line and running game supposed to make passing easier?

If the Vikings want to take it to the next level, they will need to bring in or trade for a proven veteran QB IMO. It's really sad how many bad QB's are starting right now in the NFL. It's downright shocking.

T-Jack sucks. I don't even consider the Vikings to have a passing game at all. That's what makes AD so damn special. He's ripping it up with absolutely no threat of a passing game. Isn't a solid O-line and running game supposed to make passing easier?

If the Vikings want to take it to the next level, they will need to bring in or trade for a proven veteran QB IMO. It's really sad how many bad QB's are starting right now in the NFL. It's downright shocking.

beck.

Between keg's arguments and his performance over the last 3 games, I could be warming up to Jackson. I just hope he doesn't turn into Grossman with streaks of looking like a quality QB followed by games where he just stinks.

Edited by wirehairman

Granted, it was the Lions yesterday. But one thing I saw several times in yesterdays game that was not so apparent other games was the timing throws. Several times yesterday he threw some of those out patterns where he delivered the ball to a "spot". Where the wr had not even made his turn yet, and TJ threw ball and when the wr made his turn, the ball was right there for him. I think that shows some signs of him and his wrs starting to get some kind of rhythm going and showing some improvement in that regard.

I don't mind admitting that yesterday was Tarvaris Jackson's best day by far. He made good decisions (for the most part) and executed well on most of his passes. It was a good day. If he can build upon that, he may make a believer out of many of us still on the fence.

He doesn't have the WR supporting cast to succeed right now and he doesn't have enough starts to draw a conclusion yet. But if he's still playing like this a year from now, he'll probably be on his way out of MIN (assuming that they don't make a run at McNabb next summer).

But if he's still playing like this a year from now, he'll probably be on his way out of MIN

Playing like what? 18 of 24 for 206 yards, 2 TD's, and no costly turnovers? He added 20 yards rushing as well. He's improving, and as you mention, he's doing it without WR's. I'm not sold on him by any means, but if he keeps improving, he won't be going anywhere next year.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Im holding Jackson in a dynasty league so Im curious about what the Vikings might do this off season. I dont think they have given up on him but at the same time Im sure they want a decent veteran either behind him or challenging him for the job. Didnt the Vikings trade up for him in the 06 draft?

They traded two late third round picks for the last pick in the second round. Maybe Pittsburgh fans know who those players were??? Not a whole lot invested other than time.

• 2 years later...